NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i were the raptor i would declare him healthy right now just so he can sit out that game lol

This guy is winning me a couple of PO matches this week, playing for the other teams.  Bless your soul, Fred — I don’t know what I’d do with you. 

He said after the game his body isn't right and he feels off so something to watch 

Posted Images

It's incredible. I'm a raps fan and I just absolutely love his toughness and winning mentality. Just a guy that makes big shots. Nobody ever expected him to be this good and I'm glad he's back for another few years. And yeah, Nurse loves rolling those 2 guard lineups and he's going to get plenty of minutes again. Production wise, I don't think we'll see any major uptick in any category from last season. My only major concern with him is his durability. But man i might just grab him in the 4th round if he's available just for those elite steals.

• Like 2

As a Torontonian I loved this move and glad that masai brought him back. FVV is a G. 

From a fantasy standpoint, I think he provides solid mid-round value. Fg% is not gonna be the best but I can see 18 ppg, 6 dimes and 1.5 steals or maybe more with 2+ triples. 

• Like 2

Should return very similar fantasy value to 19-20, which was very good. At 26, definitely still room for improvement too.

Non-fantasy wise, TOR got a great deal on him IMO. GHayward at 4 years older making $9M more per year can’t sit great with FVV...

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Should return very similar fantasy value to 19-20, which was very good. At 26, definitely still room for improvement too.

Non-fantasy wise, TOR got a great deal on him IMO. GHayward at 4 years older making $9M more per year can’t sit great with FVV...

The best part for Toronto is the salary drops next season when there’s expected to be top tier free agents 

• Like 1

Great story just shows never give up and be humble cause when u do make it you will get rewarded (in his case for life including his entire family). He’s a solid mid round player who will not in my opinion suffer from that “I finally got paid time to relax and coast” so he will produce similar numbers.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Would need more info in terms of league size, keeper rules, keeper amounts etc... Also I see this is your 2nd post so iirc you can't start a thread but this type of question should be posted in the assisant coach section.

Anyways in a vacuum and not knowing all these situations I would keep Sabonis as he is 2 years younger and has a higher upside. If I knew the league settings and keeper rules etc... though that could definitely change to VanVleet

Its an interesting comparison though. I personally think Sabonis is the next Jokic and by as early next season he could possibly crack the top 15. I know that's real high praise, but that's how much I like him. If not by next season then he should get there the following year. Vanvleet is interesting though because this will probably be Lowry's last season with Toronto so Vanvleet would slide over to PG. Maybe his fg% and assists gets better playing PG only. Like you said it's a tough call and would come down to what his team needs more.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Stefan said:

@Johnnyapplebot just wondering wassup with " " that s hit on every thred :D  

Those are their nicknames which they have earned from me and from now on I will refer to them by their nicknames and never by their government name. Congratulations to all of these nba players who earned their new names.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Those are their nicknames which they have earned from me and from now on I will refer to them by their nicknames and never by their government name. Congratulations to all of these nba players who earned their new names.

My boy Fred made that BREAD this year so I will allow this nickname.

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook