NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook

On 2/19/2021 at 8:16 AM, KingDURANTULA said:

any league where vleet fell to 5th is straight up taco af bruh

what’s up with this new “taco” term everyones been throwing around lately? where and how did it originate?? i don’t think i’ve ever heard it before this season, and it’s been used in almost every thread as of late LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i were the raptor i would declare him healthy right now just so he can sit out that game lol

This guy is winning me a couple of PO matches this week, playing for the other teams.  Bless your soul, Fred — I don’t know what I’d do with you. 

He said after the game his body isn't right and he feels off so something to watch 

Posted Images

What's with the disrespect for Mighty Mouse? Maybe people don't know him from his early years.

I do think there are similarities, and that's not so bad. FVV is 2 inches taller, and plays in an era with more 3pm. But in terms of overall categories of excellence versus their peers, and their styles of play, they are VERY similar. See stats for their best years:

image.thumb.png.d77f528054c9a515a31fff068e24b900.png

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

What's with the disrespect for Mighty Mouse? Maybe people don't know him from his early years.

I do think there are similarities, and that's not so bad. FVV is 2 inches taller, and plays in an era with more 3pm. But in terms of overall categories of excellence versus their peers, and their styles of play, they are VERY similar. See stats for their best years:

image.thumb.png.d77f528054c9a515a31fff068e24b900.png

I can kinda see it. Though i'll say that Stoudamire was a lot quicker and agile and had better court vision. FVV is not exactly as creative with the ball.. he's much better playing off the ball actually.

Edited by sharkpotato
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Got snubbed for all star. Entire career from Wichita State til now he gets no love or respect no matter how much he balls out

Yeah. I guess the silver lining in this is that it will continue to motivate Fred (not that he really needs it, but it could add a bit more fuel). At the very least, the man better get recognized for a selection for the all defensive team. It would be an absolute crime if he gets no consideration for that.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

James Harden moving to the Eastern Conference took his spot unfortunately. 

Fred's been playing SG, Harden has no impact on him and is well deserving. But Simmons and Tatum over Fred is comical 

20 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Fred's been playing SG, Harden has no impact on him and is well deserving. But Simmons and Tatum over Fred is comical 

All Star Selection looks at guards/forwards/centers overall and they play for the same conference now, so he does have an impact. FVV has also played more SG than PG this season and last season, ever since he became a full time starter. Simmons is mainly because his team standing and Tatum number-wise is putting up better stats, it is what it is. All Star game is a popularity contest anyway. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

All Star Selection looks at guards/forwards/centers overall and they play for the same conference now, so he does have an impact. FVV has also played more SG than PG this season and last season, ever since he became a full time starter. Simmons is mainly because his team standing and Tatum number-wise is putting up better stats, it is what it is. All Star game is a popularity contest anyway. 

100% its all about popularity. If there wasn't monetary value involved don't think anyone would give a crap its a useless exhibition 

With the second half schedule out, anybody else a little bummed out that the raps only play 2 games in week 17 (first round of playoffs in Yahoo)?

Will this affect how you see him on your team going forward? It's a unique situation because of how fluid everything is now (with postponements, makeup games, etc). I think i'll wait and see what happens for the next several weeks and make a decision then.

8 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

top 2 get a Bye on yahoo so it works out for them. then 5 vleet games 2nd week would be a major impact.

True, it's a huge win for some managers who get the bye. But the 2 games might be really hard on some who qualified for those bottoms seeds.

Simmons getting into the ASG over Steaderick Frederick is an absolute travesty. I know the game is a popularity contest but only pure plebs think Simmons is better than Fred or remotely as valuable. Mr Bad Shot Selection himself, Jayson 'the brick' Tatum getting in over Sabonis was also criminal, especially considering how bad the Celtics have been playing for the last month.

• Like 1
On 2/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, QingJames said:

Simmons getting into the ASG over Steaderick Frederick is an absolute travesty. I know the game is a popularity contest but only pure plebs think Simmons is better than Fred or remotely as valuable. Mr Bad Shot Selection himself, Jayson 'the brick' Tatum getting in over Sabonis was also criminal, especially considering how bad the Celtics have been playing for the last month.

trae sabonis and vanvleet all shoulda been shoe ins 

1 minute ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Unavailable for tomm...  the BS never ends

Well, first, hope everyone will come out of this fine and healthy. Selfishly speaking, if there was one "good" (lack of a better word) time to get hit with the health and safety protocal, it's now with the week long layoff. 

• Like 1