NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i were the raptor i would declare him healthy right now just so he can sit out that game lol

This guy is winning me a couple of PO matches this week, playing for the other teams.  Bless your soul, Fred — I don’t know what I’d do with you. 

He said after the game his body isn't right and he feels off so something to watch 

Posted Images

On 3/3/2021 at 10:00 PM, MikeXScott said:

Sh*t, you're right,  I'm not 

Just seeing Raps have multiple positive tests 

Yeah, not so sure anymore. He could miss another week+ after the break if he tested positive. Hope it's just contact tracing.

• Like 1
Just now, sharkpotato said:

Just heard on 590 (local Toronto station) that Fred’s out tomorrow. Most likely means he tested positive. f---. Hope he’ll be back real soon. 

Ya Doug Smith reported that the same dudes are all out. No FVV, OG, Siakam, Flynn, McCaw

Maybe with that many guys out they can reschedule the game. That would turn a negative into a positive.

Can they still do that now that the 2nd half schedule is out?

11 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Maybe with that many guys out they can reschedule the game. That would turn a negative into a positive.

Can they still do that now that the 2nd half schedule is out?

Doesn’t seem like it’s happening. But they did postpone the game against Chicago on Feb 28. I’m hoping they can reschedule that one on week 17 where they only play 2 games🤞

Fred Vanvleet has their highest impact rating according to WAR on Fivethirtyeight

As a raptor fan i'd say Lowry is the best player we have, but i can understand with how strong FVV is on both ends and especially containing guards

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, kane said:

1/10, goodbye FG%

clutch benching by me. phew. actually kept him on IL. think ill keep him there for another game or two.

hes great but his FG has always been a drain

• 2 weeks later...

So Norm Powell was crying after he was traded. And then he told this story:

So by the time I ran into Fred, it had been a minute now since those waterworks. But if you’ve ever cried like that, you know: even after that sh*t dries … you’re still not fooling anyone.

And Fred obviously doesn’t miss a thing.

First thing he says when he sees me, he goes, “Oh, man. You was crying?”

And I just sort of hang my head a little, and laugh. And then Fred laughs.

He’s like, “It’s alright, brother. Thugs cry too. It’s cool, bro.

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-fred-vanvleets-iconic-thugs-cry-response-toronto-end-of-an-era/

"Thugs cry too."

-Fred VanVleet, Legend.

• Haha 1
On 3/17/2021 at 9:12 PM, rage2021 said:

clutch benching by me. phew. actually kept him on IL. think ill keep him there for another game or two.

hes great but his FG has always been a drain

You are missing out on all the elite stocks and 3s my guy. He’ll continue to drain your FG so might as well lock him into your lineup asap. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kane said:

A 5'11 guard can get 4 blks(and 5 stls) in a match,it's fxxking crazy,lol

i wonder when the last time a PG under 6 foot put up 5/4. someone look that shiet up. probably not for years.

Edited by KingDURANTULA
54 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

i wonder when the last time a PG under 6 foot put up 5/4. someone look that shiet up. probably not for years.

Reminds me of prime D.Wade stats with more threes

I own Simmons in two leagues and FVV in the other two.  

Seriously, seriously wondering that, if the Sixers weren't winning (and the Raptors weren't losing), FVV would be an All-star instead of that scrub.  It's incredible how much effort FVV puts into the game, and even though his FG% is a bit streaky, lines like these basically win matchups on their own.

• Like 1

I was so pissed he and OG didnt get a single steal for me their first game this week.. Needless to say I’m pretty happy with their stocks so far 🤤 Had him since his career high game and loved every week of it

• Like 1