NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook

38 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

You guys think they’re just punting this game and letting him rest for the B2B? Or should I keep dreaming?

He said he "felt like sh**" after the Brooklyn game there's no theory here dude is legit hurt 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i were the raptor i would declare him healthy right now just so he can sit out that game lol

This guy is winning me a couple of PO matches this week, playing for the other teams.  Bless your soul, Fred — I don’t know what I’d do with you. 

He said after the game his body isn't right and he feels off so something to watch 

Posted Images

what’s the chances he plays the back to back? 

he took the okc game off on the 18th then played the back to back against cleveland and brooklyn on the 26th and 27th.....

similar situation or just drop? 

6 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

he took the okc game off on the 18th then played the back to back against cleveland and brooklyn on the 26th and 27th.....

similar situation or just drop? 

Made sense to rest vs OKC since they are a bad team. However, Raptors are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. My guess is that he plays.

16 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He said he "felt like sh**" after the Brooklyn game there's no theory here dude is legit hurt 

Yup, that's definitely not a good sign.  I handcuffed with Flynn in both leagues where I have FVV.

15 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

Likely resting at least one game.  I'm guessing he plays the first and rests the second.  At least I hope so, so I can stack my IL+ spots and try to stream that Sunday.

Anyone wondering why Yahoo took him from 'O' (given today) back to the Healthy tag?  Usually when players are listed as 'O', or out, they're often given the GTD tag after the game's played, as a precaution.  Even when players are given 'O' for a rest day, they're listed as GTD as well (e.g. Dort).  Either someone at Yahoo isn't following their protocols, or they fully expect FVV to play the next game, since the Healthy tag is designated for an assured or at least expected "playing" status.

Might not seem like a big deal, but folks with IL+ slots are heavily impacted by this simple change, since we can dump FVV to the IL+ and stream FVV's spot for that crucial game or games.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MWon said:

Yup, that's definitely not a good sign.  I handcuffed with Flynn in both leagues where I have FVV.

Likely resting at least one game.  I'm guessing he plays the first and rests the second.  At least I hope so, so I can stack my IL+ spots and try to stream that Sunday.

Anyone wondering why Yahoo took him from 'O' (given today) back to the Healthy tag?  Usually when players are listed as 'O', or out, they're often given the GTD tag after the game's played, as a precaution.  Even when players are given 'O' for a rest day, they're listed as GTD as well (e.g. Dort).  Either someone at Yahoo isn't following their protocols, or they fully expect FVV to play the next game, since the Healthy tag is designated for an assured or at least expected "playing" status.

Might not seem like a big deal, but folks with IL+ slots are heavily impacted by this simple change, since we can dump FVV to the IL+ and stream FVV's spot for that crucial game or games.

maybe he just rested like he did on the 18th

or yahoo still doing it dirty like giving anthony david the O tag when he was probably last game 

5 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

maybe he just rested like he did on the 18th

or yahoo still doing it dirty like giving anthony david the O tag when he was probably last game 

Well, he's got the 'O' tag once again, but there's no news about him at all yet.  Sooooo I have no idea.  I'm guessing he's out tomorrow and possibly even Sunday, but I'm still wondering wtf Yahoo was thinking about not giving him the GTD tag rather than the healthy one. It really would've helped since I could've streamed his spot for Fri/Sat, and/or then Sat/Sun, after dumping him on an IL+ slot. 

It's one thing for injuries to screw up your Semi-Finals, but it's another thing when the people who admin the entire system don't know how to do their jobs correctly.  

36 minutes ago, MWon said:

Well, he's got the 'O' tag once again, but there's no news about him at all yet.  Sooooo I have no idea.  I'm guessing he's out tomorrow and possibly even Sunday, but I'm still wondering wtf Yahoo was thinking about not giving him the GTD tag rather than the healthy one. It really would've helped since I could've streamed his spot for Fri/Sat, and/or then Sat/Sun, after dumping him on an IL+ slot. 

It's one thing for injuries to screw up your Semi-Finals, but it's another thing when the people who admin the entire system don't know how to do their jobs correctly.  

yahoo has been messin up lately, i think it’s a false O tag

they did it with anthony davis last game.. it said O up until game time, but the news said that he was probable all along 

yahoo slackin big time 

• Like 1

Yeah, he went from O to Healthy to O to GTD in the span of 12 hours (he's GTD now).

And there's been basically no news, from Twitter or team reports, or whatever ... I dunno who the heck is messing up, but that's just crazy.

games played is very important in finals. with this guys hip, rest risk im wondering if hes a preemptive drop to get someone who can drop 4-5 games this week more guaranteed.

35 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

for anyone who continues onto the finals next week, did you hold?

I'm still holding - this is my semis. I'll find out Monday morning if I'm in the finals with Fred

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I'm still holding - this is my semis. I'll find out Monday morning if I'm in the finals with Fred

I had lowry and OG too. These Raptors (finals for most) have been brutal for me

Edited by thrilla1nManila

ingram had a good season .. pretty much kept at the same pace as last year. i was hoping he would take the leap to mvp candidate, as i still believe he has that potential. i don’t think he will be slept on next year. 

On 5/11/2021 at 11:59 AM, brickcitymamba said:

Out tomorrow. That leaves three games, I believe? Any strong arguments for or against dropping him?

I dropped him already, i don't think he will play again this season, i might be wrong, but just needed someone who can at least get me some stats.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dragonballz said:

I dropped him already, i don't think he will play again this season, i might be wrong, but just needed someone who can at least get me some stats.

Agree. Raptors are out of it and simply looking at what youngsters can do