NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

You're making a stronger case for why to draft FVV over these guys. 

CP3 - Like you said, age and injury risk.

Murray - He had to play almost 40 min a game and shoot 51% from the field and 45% from 3 just to get to 26.5 ppg. He was HEAVILY relied on during the playoffs. He usually plays 31, 32 min in the regular season and he'll defer more to his teammates.

Fox - Like you said, strange profile.. I had him last year and he was a dud. Had to trade him. Top 40 is his absolute ceiling unless he can fix his ft and hit more 3's. FVV finished 25th last year on BBM. Fox will never reach that unless he fixes those things I mentioned.

Also,don't forget Barton was injury and did not play in playoffs

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i were the raptor i would declare him healthy right now just so he can sit out that game lol

This guy is winning me a couple of PO matches this week, playing for the other teams.  Bless your soul, Fred — I don’t know what I’d do with you. 

He said after the game his body isn't right and he feels off so something to watch 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Seems like a no brainer with VanVleet over them all.

well i ended up taking cp3  but the reason was to have control of the suns backcourt production (in a keeper league i have booker as well). and even if cp3 does get hurt, booker will make have the ball more in his hands.

Edited by granvillemal

I'd take FVV over Murray just because of the steals. They should return fairly similar value I presume, but I'd rather make up for FVV's FG% than Murray's SPG. Guess it really depends who you'll pair either one of them with.

his value w/ lowry & w/o are so different, other than the bubble games.

i don't have the stats, but i know his pts/asts/usage% went up when lowry was out.

when lowry was in, i feel like he was mostly used as a floor spreader.

luckily his stls are always there.

9 hours ago, theantishere said:

Interesting that it seems to be a consensus to take FVV over Murray, which is my main toss up in that part of drafts. Wonder if it’s be a consensus the other way in the Murray thread. Lol 

Higher ceiling for Murray, higher floor for Fred. You'll see a lot more people reach for the star of the Bubble than the undrafted 6-footer.

1 hour ago, fantasyJunkie99 said:

Would you guys take him over fox?

stats are almost identical except fvv makes more threes, better ft% and slightly more steals. Fox could avg 2 threes a game this year though, he's been bombing away this preseason.

Yeah I would take FVV over Fox. 

Edited by sharkpotato
2 hours ago, fantasyJunkie99 said:

Would you guys take him over fox?

stats are almost identical except fvv makes more threes, better ft% and slightly more steals. Fox could avg 2 threes a game this year though, he's been bombing away this preseason.

Yeah I would. I think Fred can push 20 ppg this year, dimes are a wash, Fred gets more steals, 3s and has way better ft%.

fg% is where Fox is better but that's about it 

• Like 1

Not worried about FVV after one game. Sorta annoyed my R3 pick didn't play better, but the steals and treys were a nice silver lining.

Foul trouble I guess was the problem.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Fred VanVleet 2020-2021 Outlook