NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joel Embiid 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the schedule being more demanding this year maybe they take it even easier on him? I can never trust Embiid.

He's definitely improved, specifically with his handling of double teams. He is grasping the right timing with when to pass and who to pass to out of them, triggering rotations and opening things up f

Username does not check out.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

he's actually missed a lot less games than last year so far

Early on in the season he was actually missing like a game a week. However, you can’t win MVP doing that and having emerged as one of the leaders for it he isn’t really missing much games.

In other words, Embiid probably really wants to win it and so he isn’t going to sit out as much. Probably not the best news for Sixers fans in all honesty but great for fantasy owners.

• Thanks 1

He's going hard this year for MVP and there are so many instances of him trying to relax his back and etc. I can't see him repeating this next year. 

I always view Embiid as if he is two years older than reality come draft time. So this is his mid prime in that angle. 

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

do we have to worry about him missing games due to this contact tracing? in a weekly lineup league and not sure whether to start or bench him

I thought typically there was a 7 day window for contact tracing, but I could be wrong

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

I thought typically there was a 7 day window for contact tracing, but I could be wrong

As long as he keeps testing negative he should be able to play Thursday

22 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

the bigger question is if he's cleared, will he play the B2B

He wants that MVP award so there's a good chance he'll play if cleared. Nuggets are only 3 games back in the loss column and have an easy schedule over their next 10 games so the MVP narrative can quickly shift to Jokic if Embiid sits out and the 76ers start losing.