NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rodgers or Herbert ROS? WHIR

Think I could get Rodgers for my Herb

Rodgers schedule (@Colts, Bears, Eagles, @Lions, Panthers, Titans) really tough next 2 weeks but then it opens up
Herbert schedule (Jets, @Bills, Patriots, Falcons, @Raiders, Broncos) pretty cake schedule ROS except maybe Pats

I'm gonna make the playoffs so whatchu think? Both have solid playoff schedules, should I do it?

WHIR

Edited by HooDat

I'm starting Herbert over Watson just about every week including this one. Weather will start to become a factor in GB but Herbert looks to have not only a good schedule but favorable weather conditions. Home games (Jets, Pats, Falcons, Broncos) away @Raiders is in a dome. Buffalo weather looks good next weekend. Something to think about. GB is also has a great RB that can take over games, Chargers don't. Straight up maybe make the trade, but don't give up two players for Rodgers. Don't think you'll get too many more points from him vs Herb. My two cents. 

3 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

I'm starting Herbert over Watson just about every week including this one. Weather will start to become a factor in GB but Herbert looks to have not only a good schedule but favorable weather conditions. Home games (Jets, Pats, Falcons, Broncos) away @Raiders is in a dome. Buffalo weather looks good next weekend. Something to think about. GB is also has a great RB that can take over games, Chargers don't. Straight up maybe make the trade, but don't give up two players for Rodgers. Don't think you'll get too many more points from him vs Herb. My two cents. 

2 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Rodgers but no one will trade you for Herbert 

Thx sdlengua for the thought out response, but it's not 2 players it's just Herb straight up, and Jay yes they will. The 2 are almost identical in avg points

3 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Thx sdlengua for the thought out response, but it's not 2 players it's just Herb straight up, and Jay yes they will. The 2 are almost identical in avg points

Yea they are same points but Rodgers has much higher ceiling and Herbet has various other factor. Any weekend Rodgers can put up 5 TD and but can you say Herbet can? I would have to see that let me check the matchup first. 

1 minute ago, Cleanface said:

I decided to roll Herb over both Lamar and Rodgers ROS about 3 weeks ago.  Traded the other two for some guys.  

Herb schedule is GREAT.  

I would trade them too as ARod and Lamar prob have a higher perceived value.

But straight up 1 for 1 who would you take?

55 minutes ago, HooDat said:

I would trade them too as ARod and Lamar prob have a higher perceived value.

But straight up 1 for 1 who would you take?

RE ceiling & weapons; Herbert has had a 40 pt game, and has better weapons for TDs imo than GB in Henry, Williams, and Keenan.  He has a fine ceiling IMO. Rodgers hasn’t broken 32.  

All that being said, I’d prob take Rodgers based on experience v a rookie.  /thread

If I already had a lock on a playoff spot, I'd probably do the deal to get Rodgers, especially if the guy I was trading to wasn't likely to make the playoffs.

If I need wins to get a playoff spot, I'd stick with Herbert.  Better schedule rest of regular season, and should be fine in the playoffs as well.

Herbert based off better schedule and Green Bay does have a few games at home late in the season which always has a chance to be weather affected. Yes Rodgers is the better qb at this stage of their respective careers but have a feeling Herbert has a good end to season in good weather stadiums against moderate opposition 

13 hours ago, HooDat said:

Think I could get Rodgers for my Herb

Rodgers schedule (@Colts, Bears, Eagles, @Lions, Panthers, Titans) really tough next 2 weeks but then it opens up
Herbert schedule (Jets, @Bills, Patriots, Falcons, @Raiders, Broncos) pretty cake schedule ROS except maybe Pats

I'm gonna make the playoffs so whatchu think? Both have solid playoff schedules, should I do it?

WHIR

Rodgers - Herbert has been an amazing WW find but out of those two you play Rodgers ROS

Thanks on mine!