NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andre Drummond 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the story of how Jarrett Allen ended up in Cleveland.

Be looking like a Raptor with those tiny a** short arms. Foo needs to block more. 

Gotta echo a ton of y'all here, as someone who owns Drummond in multiple leagues and is forced to watch his games: Drummond isn't exactly fast or mobile, and that's exacerbated by his lack of eff

I have a potential trade for him in a keeper league to pair with my zion but i'm wondering how does everyone feel about his contract being up this year and him being a free agent? Should i be concerned about him being moved to another team where he won't be able to have these monster lines simply due to having better team mates/system since there are very few teams who can get him this much freedom because they are trash and he's already been on two of them (DET & CLE). 

Thanks for the help!

8 hours ago, SpazAB said:

I have a potential trade for him in a keeper league to pair with my zion but i'm wondering how does everyone feel about his contract being up this year and him being a free agent? Should i be concerned about him being moved to another team where he won't be able to have these monster lines simply due to having better team mates/system since there are very few teams who can get him this much freedom because they are trash and he's already been on two of them (DET & CLE). 

Thanks for the help!

Not sure if I'm overreacting to a small sample size but are we sure Cleveland is trash? If this Garland transformation is for real (probable), Sexton shot selection/efficiency actually improved (less probable), adding Okoro who looks like a legit NBA level athlete and wing defender.. The fits are dicey at times with Nance/Love/Drummond sharing the court and they need more wings, but a 3-0 start is nothing to scoff at.

47 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Not sure if I'm overreacting to a small sample size but are we sure Cleveland is trash? If this Garland transformation is for real (probable), Sexton shot selection/efficiency actually improved (less probable), adding Okoro who looks like a legit NBA level athlete and wing defender.. The fits are dicey at times with Nance/Love/Drummond sharing the court and they need more wings, but a 3-0 start is nothing to scoff at.

Not saying that the hot start isn't real. But i'm more so asking, are the cav's really going to re-sign drummond as he'll probably be asking for a big contract. Is drummond part of their future or will he likely be traded before the deadline? I can't think of another team where he would be able to keep up these types of stats except for maybe in CHA?? If he goes to a contending team, wouldn't it be likely that his production drops off as he will need to assimilate to the system rather than the system being build around him like they have in DET and CLE?

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Why only 20 mins tonight? 

First game I miss and something weird happens. 

They didnt want to put him in late in game. Coaches decision, seemed like his effort wasnt there tonight

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Why only 20 mins tonight? 

First game I miss and something weird happens. 

Capela owned him and Mcgee play great in this match

33 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

They didnt want to put him in late in game. Coaches decision, seemed like his effort wasnt there tonight

This might be true but I think theres more to it. He only had around 9 minutes total played in the 1st half. He had JUST re-entered the game in the 2nd quarter with 9 minutes remaining when he got a technical foul two minutes later and was immediately subbed out.

Screenshot from my phone below shows him getting a tech with 7:10 remaining in the 2nd quarter then getting subbed out right then and there, not to return until the 2h. 

Theres also a tweet citing his tech for the lack of playing time, mightve been disciplinary or something of the sort. I wasnt watching the game but just thought I'd throw in my .02 since we all noticed the minutes were super low tonight 

Screenshot-20210102-214608-Sports.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He oughta be. Makes no sense for him to be there. But there is not too many takers for the salary he is making. Few teams could use him as a back up center though.

1 minute ago, JormaJormala said:

He oughta be. Makes no sense for him to be there. But there is not too many takers for the salary he is making. Few teams could use him as a back up center though.

Any teams he could go to and have a similar role/playing time out there? Charlotte, SA, Boston, Washington come to mind.. but only Boston (and maybe Charlotte) would be buyers of that group. Makes no sense for the most wing-starved team in the league to get yet another big..

12 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Is Drummond gonna be shipped soon? Jarrett coming to Cavs. Holy smoke what a mess

4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I was thinking that too.  No idea what the Cavs are thinking with their constant grabbing of bigs.  

I highly doubt Drummond becomes a backup with the salary and caliber of stardom, but he could be shipped to a C-less team.  The Mavs don't have a C (and as a Mavs fan, i'd be down with that), or maybe the Wiz?

Bad news for Drummond (and Allen) owners tho.  Both were doing well on their teams but it looks like a timeshare unless Drummond gets traded.

2 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Any teams he could go to and have a similar role/playing time out there? Charlotte, SA, Boston, Washington come to mind.. but only Boston (and maybe Charlotte) would be buyers of that group. Makes no sense for the most wing-starved team in the league to get yet another big..

Damn, forgot about those teams (was quickly trying to rack my brains for C-less teams).  I could definitely see Drummond thriving on a few of them.

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I bet Mavs make a move

As a Mavs fan, I'd vote for this.  KP is so brittle and while he probably should be playing C, it's way safer for him to stick with PF.  Maxi is just awful.  It'd be nice to finally have a center who rebounds.

• Like 1