NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andre Drummond 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the story of how Jarrett Allen ended up in Cleveland.

Be looking like a Raptor with those tiny a** short arms. Foo needs to block more. 

Gotta echo a ton of y'all here, as someone who owns Drummond in multiple leagues and is forced to watch his games: Drummond isn't exactly fast or mobile, and that's exacerbated by his lack of eff

Big hit coming to Drummond's value.

Might not be swift and fast, but if Allen is taking his minutes directly from Drummonds, I feel like Drummond may be on his way out, or at minimum, in a split timeshare.

• Like 2
Just now, CORTEz said:

Big hit coming to Drummond's value.

Might not be swift and fast, but if Allen is taking his minutes directly from Drummonds, I feel like Drummond may be on his way out, or at minimum, in a split timeshare.

Yup.  Timeshare written all over this.  Drummond needs a trade - I think we've mentioned CHA, WAS, DAL, SAS, BOS so far.  There are places he could go for value.  Also, we've seen JA get into timeshares before.  Usually doesn't exactly win, even though I still think JA is a better player than Drummond.

55 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yup.  Timeshare written all over this.  Drummond needs a trade - I think we've mentioned CHA, WAS, DAL, SAS, BOS so far.  There are places he could go for value.  Also, we've seen JA get into timeshares before.  Usually doesn't exactly win, even though I still think JA is a better player than Drummond.

The question is how badly do teams want Dre right now,, and why not just wait until the offseason when becomes a free agent.

Drummond pretty much has a green light right now. Doubt he gets it if he goes to a legit team. Dudes attempts damn near will get cut in half on like Boston or Dallas. Allen is also obviously going to eat into his roll as well.

Tough spot for Drummond for sure. 

lol, I love me some Bobie, and he's rocking right now, but oh man is he slow.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

The question is how badly do teams want Dre right now,, and why not just wait until the offseason when becomes a free agent.

Expiring contract?  Might as well see if he can produce.  If it works, offer him an extension or a new contract and you've got him familiarized with your team already.  If it doesn't, just let him walk.  

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Drummond pretty much has a green light right now. Doubt he gets it if he goes to a legit team. Dudes attempts damn near will get cut in half on like Boston or Dallas. Allen is also obviously going to eat into his roll as well.

Tough spot for Drummond for sure. 

Agreed it's not ideal.  For Boston, that'd probably be difficult for him to get enough shots.  For the Mavs, I'd prefer him there since Luka's a fine passer and Zingis can space the floor at least somewhat.  They have enough wings, but they need his rebounding and inside presence.  

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

Now, put Portland to the top of the list of teams we'd want to see him go to.

its whiteside all over again

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

This is the story of how Jarrett Allen ended up in Cleveland.

0:2 - 0:9: Dude, that feeling in 2K when you leave to grab a bag of chips and forget to hit pause.  Also, that feeling when you max out your height settings but forget to invest in the "shot inside" attribute.  :D

Anyway, we're now down 2 more games from Drummond simply because his opponents (the Wiz on a B2B with the Cavs) are dealing with covid and are short-handed.  This is why I hate this season.  Your player can be healthy.  Your team can be healthy.  But if your opponents can't play, neither can you.

Well, at least he gets to rest that Achilles more.  And when he plays again, we'll get to see how that timeshare with JA works.  :/

• Haha 1

Heh, I'm dividing his numbers by three since he won't play the next two games due to the Wizards being sick. At least he'll get some time to rest that Achilles.

11/8 per game ain't too bad still, lol.  Wish he could play against the Knicks every night.

Yep it's exactly what i predicted. As a Drummond owner that was getting first round value from him last season. Taking a semi death blow to drop him to top 60ish from the trade. Now it's Allen that's impacting him. Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed on the Cavs too. They can't get rid of all the centers 😂 and McGee is the odd man out. 

3 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

The GM who said Drummonds role is going to be the same after the trade was definitely capping. This is not good. Allen and Drummonds skills are pretty similar so I don't know why Allen is playing in the closing minutes

because he's a bad defender?

• Like 1

Welp OT and AD is getting benched in favor of Allen (who is honestly just playing much better).

"Cavaliers GM Koby Altman told Andre Drummond that his role in the rotation won't change following the acquisition of Jarrett Allen. "We value what he brings to the table," Altman said according to The Athletic. "We value his force, energy, work ethic and his availability, to be quite frank with you. I think he’s going to be a huge help. His role doesn’t change. Be the same enthusiastic starting center for us that you’ve been and help our guys continue to grow."

Did anyone actually believe this?  

To be fair, the Nets can (and did) easily go small with KD or Green at C, but it might've been a better idea for the Cavs to go super huge with a Sexton/Osman/Nance/JA/AD lineup.  I get Okoro's out there for defense, but he realllllly looks like a rookie, lol.