NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andre Drummond 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the story of how Jarrett Allen ended up in Cleveland.

Be looking like a Raptor with those tiny a** short arms. Foo needs to block more. 

Gotta echo a ton of y'all here, as someone who owns Drummond in multiple leagues and is forced to watch his games: Drummond isn't exactly fast or mobile, and that's exacerbated by his lack of eff

11 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

The GM who said Drummonds role is going to be the same after the trade was definitely capping. This is not good. Allen and Drummonds skills are pretty similar so I don't know why Allen is playing in the closing minutes

Because Allen is a better FT shooter?

• Like 2

Fool me once shame on me but fool me twice, shame on you. What did you guys think was going to happen? People already forgot about the Drummond/Thompson timeshare and now he's gonna have a timeshare with Allen. It won't always be Allen closing but this is not going to be a good impact towards both their values. Drummond goes from top 15 to top 60 at best. While Allen goes from top 40 to top 80 at best. Worst part is they're content with keeping both of them. 

• Like 1

Also keep in mind this is JA’s revenge game against his former team that just traded him away a week ago. Could just be these two games where they play him and when Brooklyn goes small with Green/KD. Against the Lakers and Boston my guess is Drummond will close on AD and Tristan Thompson.

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Because Allen is a better FT shooter?

You're kind of reaching there buddy. Allen is not shooting 90% on the line. He was 60% last year and 75 this year less attempts. Defense is why hes out there not because of his free throws 😆

Edited by Brown_Mamba
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

You're kind of reaching there buddy. Allen is not shooting 90% on the line. He was 60% last year and 75 this year less attempts. Defense is why hes out there

I just stated a fact. I’m not reaching plus I explained further in my next post.

Might be a stretch but id aggressively offer Drummond and a top 75-100 guy for like any center that was close to Drummonds previous value. For example: Gobert, Capela, Turner, etc. You never know til you try 😅

Coming from the guy that trades every other day 

Eh, y'all can do what you want.

I'm gonna hold.  It's obviously not an ideal situation and I can't see this NOT becoming a timeshare.  But I can really see the Cavs playing a huge lineup too for some spots.  As I said before, they did a Osman/Nance/Javale/Drummond lineup for some stretches when Sexton was out, so it's possible they try that as long as JA proves he can shoot a bit.  I'm a bit more worried Garland returns and messes that up, of course.

I'm gonna echo some of you and also say tonight's game is partly JA getting some revenge and also being more mobile against the "small" (or C-less) lineup the Nets look like they're aiming to run.  It was definitely a bummer not to see Drummond out there more during a 2OT game, but I'm also not gonna overreact to one game either, nor panic sell.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

As predicted, we are seeing the double C lineups already as the Cavs try to salvage trade value. 

and its going horribly. Neither guy is fast enough to guard a PF or stretch the floor which is why when Kevin Love comes back hes going to play a lot to either help them make the playoffs or up his trade value. And when theres a screen to switch defender so Jarrett Allen has to guard a SF or Guard? yeah good luck.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

I am kinda thinking Drummond or Allen is a buy low sometime between two weeks from now and the trade deadline. I don't know though:

1) If trade will definitely happen. 

2) Which team actually needs a Drummond? 

3) What's Drummonds new stats on the team?

The floor is unknown now for this guy. 

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I am kinda thinking Drummond or Allen is a buy low sometime between two weeks from now and the trade deadline. I don't know though:

1) If trade will definitely happen. 

2) Which team actually needs a Drummond? 

3) What's Drummonds new stats on the team?

The floor is unknown now for this guy. 

Yeah Drummond is just a center that was born too late because this is not his era. His style of play like like looking at the dinosaur era and I dont think a team can win a championship with an old school center like Drummond. Whose gonna pay him? I dont see any championship caliber team paying him max dollars so hes going to have to go to a bad team if he wants that money. On a bad team who just wants to sell tickets, his stats will be his stats. I think he knows he rather be on a bad team and get paid.

35 minutes ago, bobbross said:

Just traded Drummond for Turner straight up. Might not work in my favor if Drummond gets traded but it looks like the Cavs intend on keeping him for now. 

Taco