NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Andre Drummond 2020-2021 Outlook

magic32

Still don't understand why Drummond/JA isn't matching against AD/Gasol.  I get the latter two are shooting poorly now and can hit from range, but Prince looks so outmatched against AD at PF.  I'd imagine Nance would've been at his spot, but it's not like JA is an especially poor defender at PF either.

52 minutes ago, MWon said:

Still don't understand why Drummond/JA isn't matching against AD/Gasol.  I get the latter two are shooting poorly now and can hit from range, but Prince looks so outmatched against AD at PF.  I'd imagine Nance would've been at his spot, but it's not like JA is an especially poor defender at PF either.

Erg.  Just as I say that, the two play together.  They actually looked really good against Harrell/AD when they played together, but oh man, the mismatch is Lebron on Prince/Okoro/Cedi.

Nance is out but I'm hoping Javale gets kicked out of the rotation (he tried to play some PG and it didn't work out), and JA gets more playing time with Drummond together.  

6 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I think it's a good pull. I can see it happening in some leagues, as no one really knows what drummond is worth.

I think it was a risky move. MPJ is a risk but high upside. I pulled the trigger partly because of I didn't want to punt FT% anymore. If you do punt FT%, Drummond is a stone cold top 10 guy this season and top 5 in previous two seasons.

Happy with MPJs game today!

3 hours ago, eladamrine said:

I think it was a risky move. MPJ is a risk but high upside. I pulled the trigger partly because of I didn't want to punt FT% anymore. If you do punt FT%, Drummond is a stone cold top 10 guy this season and top 5 in previous two seasons.

Happy with MPJs game today!

No it wasn't risky... You just said it. You stopped punting a whole category without Drummond. Obvious steal to me good for you. 

there is a rumor mentioned in the nets hawks game by the hawks announcers that drummond might be bought out by the Cavs if they do not find a trade and he will then join the Nets for the rest of the season. Obviously a rumor but how would he look with the Nets? He will get a ton of rebounds and put back easy layups.

33 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

there is a rumor mentioned in the nets hawks game by the hawks announcers that drummond might be bought out by the Cavs if they do not find a trade and he will then join the Nets for the rest of the season. Obviously a rumor but how would he look with the Nets? He will get a ton of rebounds and put back easy layups.

He will definitely get tons of rebs and get back to less PPG and higher FG. The Nets will be interesting as a team that has players with non conventional fits. 

I'd love to watch them play. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

He will definitely get tons of rebs and get back to less PPG and higher FG. The Nets will be interesting as a team that has players with non conventional fits. 

I'd love to watch them play. 

definitely less PPG but way higher fg% they will never give him the ball to shoot a jumper lol unless hes super wide open and less than 17 feet

27 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

definitely less PPG but way higher fg% they will never give him the ball to shoot a jumper lol unless hes super wide open and less than 17 feet

As long as the rebounding and stocks remain, I'd be happy with a higher FG% on less volume 

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

As long as the rebounding and stocks remain, I'd be happy with a higher FG% on less volume 

thinking about it more, hes a perfect fit with BKN if it were to happen. He doesnt need the ball obviously to be effective. Protect the rim which is his game and clean up the mess. He would have some sweet lines like 16 points on 7-9 shooting 20 rebounds 3 steals 3 blocks or some stuff like that. Will it happen him going to BKN? Most likely not, but it was mentioned so theres a possibility.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:22 AM, Johnnyapplebot said:

thinking about it more, hes a perfect fit with BKN if it were to happen. He doesnt need the ball obviously to be effective. Protect the rim which is his game and clean up the mess. He would have some sweet lines like 16 points on 7-9 shooting 20 rebounds 3 steals 3 blocks or some stuff like that. Will it happen him going to BKN? Most likely not, but it was mentioned so theres a possibility.

Wouldn’t a Brooklyn trade end up with a timeshare with Jordan where none of them would play 4 quarter, due to small Ball Line-up like now?

23 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Wouldn’t a Brooklyn trade end up with a timeshare with Jordan where none of them would play 4 quarter, due to small Ball Line-up like now?

Definitely not a timeshare with Jordan. Jordan is cooked but then again who knows with this coaching staff. Drummond is still in his prime he SHOULD get 30 mins a night with the Nets. There can possibly be small ball lineups but to be honest it hasnt worked so far since teams score with so much ease in the paint they need to try something new. Who knows though but I do know there were rumblings when Jarrett Allen was still a Net that it was only a matter of time before he was getting the bulk of the minutes at least 25 mins over Jordan who usually gets 20 mins.

How did this same player have games of 33/23/3/2/2, 18/17/6blk/3stls, 26/24, 23/16/5stls,2blk, 25/22, 25/17, list goes on. And now, he had 4/6 the other night, following it up tonight (so far) 5 points and 1 rebound? They better be trading him, this is madness.

I could be wrong but Kanter is one of the strongest players in the NBA. Kanter can defend the post ok but can't defend today's NBA style. Drummond is trying to play his weak face up post game against this dude's strengths.

Meanwhile Allen is driving the ball at him from far out and doing fine.

7 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

I really hope he doesn’t end up at the Raptors (cause I own Boucher lol)

They are just using Toronto to get anything for him. Drummond is no where near a Nurse type player he will get a DNP CD nightly lol