NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pascal Siakam 2020-2021 Outlook

33 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

That would be my bad,  copy paste error.  But how do you explain "unskilled" player making first All-NBA team? 

What has he done since Kawhi left? Do you actually watch him play? Stop focusing on numbers they don't mean jack sh** He was exposed in the bubble and been utter trash this season. There is a reason his name was all over trade rumors and I can guarantee you he gets dealt soon

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bruh ain't nobody acceptin' that sober. 

That's just it... His role is changing and things are really shifting in the Raptors. We are trying to move more workload from Lowry, Vanvleet deserves all the workload he has gotten, and Boucher is d

This is actually a really good trajectory comparison that I've never even considered. Their statistical output over their first five seasons is eerily similar. As to how much they improved, and which

Posted Images

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is "unskilled"

But, most certainly has been Overhyped and overrated IMO. Playing next to Leonard allowed other people to play with MUCH less defensive attention given to them. 

Leonard was actually underhyped and underrated until just a couple years ago....When he blew up, everyone playing next to him benefited when all the attention went away from them. Siakam may have benefited the most of anyone at that time...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What has he done since Kawhi left?

Not much, made 2nd All-NBA team https://www.nba.com/history/awards/all-nba-team

Also, he was a starter in All-Star game.  Not  bad for an "unskilled" player

Keep those comments coming :)

27 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Do you actually watch him play?

Yep, every  single game (if I cannot watch it live,  I record and watch it later).  

Siakam has been disappointment in the bubble and this season could have been better.  Despite being called "utter trash this season",  he still managed  solid fantasy numbers (ranked 2nd in 9-cat H2H):  18.2 pts, 1.2 3pm, 7.7 reb, 4.7 ast, 0.8 st,  0.6  blks on .439 and .786  %s

Total trash numbers indeed

At the moment he does not seem to be a true franchise player and #1 player on the team,  but let's remeber that his current level of play is his  floor and not his ceiling

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Yep, every  single game (if I cannot watch it live,  I record and watch it later).  

Siakam has been disappointment in the bubble and this season could have been better.  Despite being called "utter trash this season",  he still managed  solid fantasy numbers (ranked 2nd in 9-cat H2H):  18.2 pts, 1.2 3pm, 7.7 reb, 4.7 ast, 0.8 st,  0.6  blks on .439 and .786  %s

At the moment he does not seem to be a true franchise player and #1 player on the team,  but let's remeber that his current level of play is his  floor and not his ceiling

He’d obv be way better with proper point guards. Van fleets a bit of hog. Either way i agree regarding the floor. Hasn’t hit a three in a while and still been alright. In saying that I traded him away in two leagues that I was punting assists in. Still got him in one tho. 

12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

He will be 27 soon and again got exposed badly in the bubble. He was overhyped and got paid like a superstar which he is no where near. Raps go as far as Lowry and FVV can take them not this dude. His value is at an all time low and your argument is he made an all nba second team lol thats cute

11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He will be 27 soon and again got exposed badly in the bubble. He was overhyped and got paid like a superstar which he is no where near. Raps go as far as Lowry and FVV can take them not this dude. His value is at an all time low and your argument is he made an all nba second team lol thats cute

You are entitled to your opinion  about Siakam, I won't argue with you about that.

My disagreement with you is calling Siakam, an All-Star and player who made All-NBA team unskilled player.   

That is one of the dumbest comments of all time that I've seen on these forums.

If Siakam is "unskilled",  which players do you consider to be skilled?  Asking  for a friend...

Yeah not sure how Spicy can be called unskilled when he:  

-can shoot the three
-is an above average passer for a big
-can handle the rock and drive from the perimeter
-is an above average, switchable defender
-is a crafty finisher  

Dude was 20th in RPM last year. That’s no accident. He may be performing below expectations but calling him unskilled is a joke.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, zerthimon said:

My feeling is that raps regret giving him that big contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he's being quietly shopped around to the highest bidder.

Better that than a serious injury to his knee. 

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Siakam is going the Jimmy Butler route, attempting less 3s and getting to the foul line more with increased playmaking. 

This is actually a really good trajectory comparison that I've never even considered. Their statistical output over their first five seasons is eerily similar. As to how much they improved, and which parts of their game they improved at certain ages. Jimmy even had that spike in 3 point shooting at age 25 that didn't seem to carry over through the rest of his career (ala Siakam last year and now). Their improvement in assists per game from 22-26 is also dead on. Granted, there's a difference in minutes played over the first couple season, but to see them put up almost the same stats every step of the way is crazy.

• Like 2

Man this guy's assist numbers are popping along with avg north of 23ppg since he came back from injury. AND the stocks! oh man the stocks have been phenomenal. Hes been a top 25 guy these past 2 weeks on a per game basis. Basically since he came back from the injury. Result of OG and Kyle being out? Or do you guys think this can be semi-sustainable ROS?

4 minutes ago, richardtlee22 said:

Man this guy's assist numbers are popping along with avg north of 23ppg since he came back from injury. AND the stocks! oh man the stocks have been phenomenal. Hes been a top 25 guy these past 2 weeks on a per game basis. Basically since he came back from the injury. Result of OG and Kyle being out? Or do you guys think this can be semi-sustainable ROS?

Raps homer here. I think as long as he plays to his strength, very possible. His stocks were always good - he's an active defender on the court and his playmaking has improved a lot as well. The efficiency was the problem but that's coming around now too. He's settling less for ill-advised jumpers and driving to the hoop more. He's also fully healthy for the first time in a while so that helps too. 

Obviously he won't be avging 30 but low 20s ppg, 7 boards, 4-5 dimes and a 1/1/1 line on high 40s fg is possible 

• Thanks 1
On 2/6/2021 at 8:01 AM, FroButtons said:

This is actually a really good trajectory comparison that I've never even considered. Their statistical output over their first five seasons is eerily similar. As to how much they improved, and which parts of their game they improved at certain ages. Jimmy even had that spike in 3 point shooting at age 25 that didn't seem to carry over through the rest of his career (ala Siakam last year and now). Their improvement in assists per game from 22-26 is also dead on. Granted, there's a difference in minutes played over the first couple season, but to see them put up almost the same stats every step of the way is crazy.

That's just it... His role is changing and things are really shifting in the Raptors. We are trying to move more workload from Lowry, Vanvleet deserves all the workload he has gotten, and Boucher is definitely different from Gasol and Ibaka. 

Siakam used to be more open at 3 when Kawhi was here. Then when he was gone they tried doing one on one at different spots. Then they put him on the post with doing a spinny move. He does all these things well but not elite enough to be at 50%+ efficiency 2 years ago. So he needs to find his spots. 

Unskilled? Come on. He can get 20 pts a night, rebs, asts, Stls and sometimes blks. He is a Swiss army knife. 1 of the 2 or 3 main scorers in Vanvleet, Siakam and Lowry. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...