NBC Sports Edge Forums

Biggest bust of 2020 fantasy drafts

For me it has to be either Saquon Barkley or Michael Thomas.  Barkley was drafted #2 on average and was lost for the season early.  Thomas was drafted around the #6 spot on average and has been a total bust mostly due to injury.  Christian McCaffrey has put up some big games when healthy so he isn't a total bust but could be up there if he misses the rest of the season.

Austin Ekeler is another huge bust.

Thoughts?

Edited by sjm76

Joe Mixon.

This season has been injury riddled so the correct way to label someone a bust is probably if he played enough games but failed to reach the pre draft hype. Kenyan Drake comes to mind.

Edited by YK35

Have to consider Golladay as well. He started the season hurt and then had a few good games. Then he follows those games up with a goose egg and hasn’t been back since. He’s basically been clogging up a roster spot for weeks and we’re not sure when/if he’s returning. 

Mixon has been similar but at least he had a week winning performance. 

For me Kenny Golladay, (I had Saquon also as a 1st round keeper). I posted this in the Biggest Steal thread but our 12 team league allows 2 Keepers to be kept in the Round we drafted them in the previous year. So because I lost my 1st round pick (I drafted 11th, no way I'd get Saquon back if I didn't keep him) my first pick wasn't until the beginning of the 2nd round. To be fair, because of keepers, there really wasn't much in the way of 2nd round talent, but I felt Golladay had the biggest upside of what was left. Then he misses two games right off the bat, has an early season bye (week 5), gets hurt mid game in the last game he played and now going to miss his 3rd straight game.

1 minute ago, CPuente57 said:

For me Kenny Golladay, (I had Saquon also as a 1st round keeper). I posted this in the Biggest Steal thread but our 12 team league allows 2 Keepers to be kept in the Round we drafted them in the previous year. So because I lost my 1st round pick (I drafted 11th, no way I'd get Saquon back if I didn't keep him) my first pick wasn't until the beginning of the 2nd round. To be fair, because of keepers, there really wasn't much in the way of 2nd round talent, but I felt Golladay had the biggest upside of what was left. Then he misses two games right off the bat, has an early season bye (week 5), gets hurt mid game in the last game he played and now going to miss his 3rd straight game.

He's only played 4 games. Turrible. 

Just now, cgu112 said:

Its really dumb to label injured guys as busts.  Unless they played a bunch and stunk and then got hurt. Saquon played like 5 quarters. 

I was thinking the same thing. I don't consider a player who loses there season because of injury a bust. The bar may not have been set to high by many but I think AJ Green was a bust this year. And Devin Singletary. They were supposed to be my flex in my keeper league. 

• Like 1

Lose a player you draft in the first 2 rounds for all the season is a definite bust for fantasy purposes. Pretty much starting your team from pick 23 if you drafted Barkley.

This list is a bit premature anyway because thinking of Barkley he spent most of the first 10 weeks hampered by injury last year to explode in the last month or so of the season. Led me to my biggest money haul last season.

Thomas especially has the ability to do that even though hasn’t done anything yet and I do agree he has been a bust to this point but would I rather have Michael Thomas or Barkley on my roster this season? Answer is pretty simple - the guy that can make a difference still.

5 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Christian McCaffrey

the guy with 2 TDs in every game he played? that's not what a bust is, a bust is someone who's playing but not producing anywhere near where they were drafted not someone who is hurt