NBC Sports Edge Forums

New To Dynasty Concept

Hey Everyone, I will be embarking on my first real true dynasty league experience with a minor league draft and prospect roster spots. Did a Keeper League a number years back but not to the degree this will be. Am wondering what are the best resources to turn to for quality info and reviews on the minor league prospects. Do folk go so far as to monitor even high school prospects? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Depends on the pool of players available for draft, but generally, you'll at least want to look into recent draftees and international signees. Fantrax and Dynasty Guru are pretty good; some of the paid ones like Baseball Prospectus and Baseball America can be a huge help if you're okay with a little investment.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, The Dukester said:

Hey Everyone, I will be embarking on my first real true dynasty league experience with a minor league draft and prospect roster spots. Did a Keeper League a number years back but not to the degree this will be. Am wondering what are the best resources to turn to for quality info and reviews on the minor league prospects. Do folk go so far as to monitor even high school prospects? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Honestly you are in the right place. Just visit this minor league section of the forum. You will get a drop on rising prospects before they hit mainstream.

• Like 2

Forgot, Fangraphs' Board is good and they have a lot of good info, including easily sortable stats. Between them and Baseball-Reference, it's a lot easier to find useful Minor League stats than it used to be, though YMMV quite a bit with Minor League stats.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, The Dukester said:

How many teams in your league, and how many players do you get to have on your minors roster?   This will largely dictate how far down the rabbit hole you have to go.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:11 AM, Hanghow said:

Forgot, Fangraphs' Board is good and they have a lot of good info, including easily sortable stats. Between them and Baseball-Reference, it's a lot easier to find useful Minor League stats than it used to be, though YMMV quite a bit with Minor League stats.

What fangraphs board is there? Is it a forum like this?

On 11/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, The Dukester said:

I like Imaginary Brick Wall.  Guy who does it has even posted here some in the past.  He has write-ups in English and ETA time guesses which some sites never mention but are crucial.  Check it out.  He has the top 110 prospects list up already as well as top 50 2020 rookie draft list following it.  All with a paragraph about each player:

https://www.imaginarybrickwall.com/

On 1/29/2021 at 7:47 PM, TheForearmShiver said:

What fangraphs board is there? Is it a forum like this?

It's under the Prospects drop-down; it's a list of prospects that can be sorted in multiple ways and readily be used to compare stats and rankings of players throughout the minors.