NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 12

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 12

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 12 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

I doubt Wentz is done yet, but in deep/keeper/2 QB leagues I could understand stashing Hurts. Long term they have a solid OL (despite recent injuries) and Hurts has a very fantasy friendly skill set regardless of what you think about him as a player (30 passing TDs and 20 rushing his senior year, one of I think 4 to ever do that: Newton, Jackson, and Tebow). Wentz is talented but has not fixed his issues. 

Edited by Baur10

Justice Hill, potential play with Gus the only other RB in play for likely 2 games (fantasy writers only predict 4-6 touches) so take that with a grain of salt. Ingram/Dobbins expected return week 14 at latest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, herschel said:

started a thread on the guy, but someone to watch might be malcolm perry on miami.  hes a rb getting snaps at wr.  could be potential ppr stash....

I don't see what is good about that

its when guys are a WR and getting snaps at RB that its good, aka Ty Montgomery

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I don't see what is good about that

its when guys are a WR and getting snaps at RB that its good, aka Ty Montgomery

It's a sin curve actually.  10 point WR's are a dime a dozen.  10 point RBs are starters this time of the season.
So, if he is scoring 'low end WR numbers' like 10 a week, with a TD jumping them to 16, suddenly he's a low end RB2 with potential to be a high end RB2.

I'll add 2 names no one wants to hear, as speculative adds.

Sony Michel, 25% owned, cleared from Covid/IR, and Burkhead just went down. Hold and see how the backfield shakes out.

AJ Green, 49% owned, maybe his career is over, but a new QB can be life changing for receivers, you never know who they're going to find chemistry with and lock onto.

Speculative adds.  Free pick ups, holding 1-2 weeks just to watch.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 2

For those that need to stream a defense, the Giants get Bengals. He is what I am reading about the Bengal QB situation:

The Cincinnati Bengals' backup quarterback will remain the backup. A former practice squad QB will leapfrog to the starting gig in the wake of Joe Burrow's season-ending knee injury.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday morning that the Bengals are planning to start Brandon Allen on Sunday against the New York Giants, per a source informed of the situation.

Ryan Finley, who entered the game when Burrow went down last week against Washington, will remain in the backup spot. Finley completed 3 of 10 passes for 30 yards and an INT for a 0.0 passer rating in five drives after Burrow left the game. A 2019 fourth-round pick, Finley went 0-3 in his career as a starter last year.

Passing up on Finley, who didn't inspire confidence when he took over for a benched Andy Dalton last year, leads to questions about why he's the backup in the first place. Nevertheless, sitting at 2-7-1, the Bengals will move forward with the more veteran signal-caller in Allen.

Playing behind a sieve offensive line will do no favors for the new starter, but the Bengals do have weapons on the outside in Tyler Boyd, surging rookie Tee Higgins and veteran A.J. Green.

• Like 1

Not sure if Allen is that much of an upgrade, or even an upgrade at all over Finley. Haven't seen enough of either of them to really know if one is better than the other. Does seem odd to call up a practice squad player to usurp your 2nd string QB though. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
On 11/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, The G Man said:

Not sure if Allen is that much of an upgrade, or even an upgrade at all over Finley. Haven't seen enough of either of them to really know if one is better than the other. Does seem odd to call up a practice squad player to usurp your 2nd string QB though. 

[...]

Allen looked good enough to me coming off the bench for Denver in the past. He's mobile, and seemed to play well just taking what was available. 

I think he's probably a better player than Finley, but I have no idea how he works in that offense. 

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic