NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro what’re you saying. I don’t understand some of the people on these forums anymore. Either come in here with good info or just shut up. Why would you sell him high? Starting center on a young kings

And we never hear from Jorma again.

Bro you traded Holmes for Bertans, don’t wanna hear a single word outta you 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight.

Seemed like Whiteside and Holmes both had mediocre games by their box scores. Was one better than the other?

Well, Holmes and Bagley fouled out due to Jokic which is what I am attributing Holmes' semi-low totals. A bit early to judge considering the matchup. 6 of 9 Holmes rebounds were offensive which is nice and he made a nice tip in to end the first half. For the record, I did not watch the full game.

• Like 2

I watched the whole game and Holmes had 5 fouls in the middle of the third quarter, that is the reason for his minutes because defensively he was clearly destroying Whiteside and seemed really ahead of him. Hell, Bagley seems ahead go of him in the C position, allowing the kings to play Bjelica at the 4. I know it's only one game but Holmes seems really ahead (I have Holmes on my team so I may be a little influenced)

• Like 2

MY ANALYSIS

Finally took the time to watch an entire Kings game, all the way through for the first time this season.

And after watching, I am convinced that Holmes is the real deal and that Holmes owners need not worry about Whiteside.

Whiteside looked slow, horrendous, disengaged and downright bad in the 12 minutes he played. It's my opinion that between the two, Holmes is definitely the one you want to own.

Tonight, Holmes looked great. 10-13 FG, 20 Points, 5 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Steals, 1 Block. He should be a lock for 25+ minutes a night, and at minimum, should provide Top-100 value all season long. As long as he stays out of foul trouble, he will be the guy to have. Bagley looks borderline horrible as well...but I imagine before long, Bagley will probably up-end Whiteside for most of the backup PF/C minutes (as he's already doing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dragonballz said:

Ok cool. Thanks. Holmes fantasy outlook would have been better if they did not sign Whiteside. 

He might just phase out Hassan if that little FT line push shot keeps falling like it did tonight. Money all night long

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

they should have NEVER signed whiteside. what a waste. 

I'll never understand why fantasy managers can't see it through the eyes of a real GM. They just lost Holmes & Bagley last year for months and had the corpse of Dewayne Dedmon rolling out there. Why not upgrade your 3C for the vet minimum? And if you're Whiteside, why not roll the dice that your time will come again?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, CORTEz said:

MY ANALYSIS

Finally took the time to watch an entire Kings game, all the way through for the first time this season.

And after watching, I am convinced that Holmes is the real deal and that Holmes owners need not worry about Whiteside.

Whiteside looked slow, horrendous, disengaged and downright bad in the 12 minutes he played. It's my opinion that between the two, Holmes is definitely the one you want to own.

Tonight, Holmes looked great. 10-13 FG, 20 Points, 5 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Steals, 1 Block. He should be a lock for 25+ minutes a night, and at minimum, should provide Top-100 value all season long. As long as he stays out of foul trouble, he will be the guy to have. Bagley looks borderline horrible as well...but I imagine before long, Bagley will probably up-end Whiteside for most of the backup PF/C minutes (as he's already doing).

I watched from almost the start of the 3rd forward. I agree with the with you on Whiteside and everything else you said. I think he's top 75 as long as the stocks keeping coming the excellent fg%. Most importantly, 2 fouls! Albeit Bagley was guarding Jokic in the 3rd, but Holmes had him in the 4th and did record 1 foul against Jokic.