NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

He's got back-to-backs against the Nuggets and the Joker coming up tomorrow and Saturday ...that will be a real test.  Come on big guy ...

he might have a field day seeing as some of us here could probably score a couple of points against joker hahaha

last season he missed 3/4 games against the nuggets - the one he played he had 28 (on 13/21) & 19 with 3stl and a blk

• Like 1
  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

2 hours ago, L3onD said:

he might have a field day seeing as some of us here could probably score a couple of points against joker hahaha

last season he missed 3/4 games against the nuggets - the one he played he had 28 (on 13/21) & 19 with 3stl and a blk

We only have to look back 3 weeks ago: Ayton faced off against Jokic on New Year's Day and went for 22/11 and 2 blocks. Jokic is decent IRL on defense but for fantasy I've watched him allow some solid performances to other C's

9 minutes ago, CFN said:

We only have to look back 3 weeks ago: Ayton faced off against Jokic on New Year's Day and went for 22/11 and 2 blocks. Jokic is decent IRL on defense but for fantasy I've watched him allow some solid performances to other C's

Oh, I forgot about that one

He can play defense but he’s lazy, he’s always been lazy on the defensive end of the floor, even back in ABA League where he was an MVP before he got drafted, that was the knock on him everytime...but I’ll take his laziness everyday of the year over someone like, let’s say, Rudy Gobert

• Like 1

I think one of the big changes the past few games, is that Booker and Paul are actually feeding Ayton for the PnR. He always makes a hard run to the rim, but earlier in the year, CP3 would settle for the jumper or kick it out. I would understand Ayton's frustration in his role on the offense if he was constantly getting overlooked for those.

Now - he's cutting hard, and they're  feeding him in great spots on the block. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, dwu17 said:

I'm a raps fan so I watch all their games....boucher is the real deal

Yeah especially for fantasy with those blocks and threes. He's already top 15 in 9-cat in just 23 MPG which is absurd. My biggest regret is passing on him on draft day. You simply won't be able to acquire him soon.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, grandpabod said:

Ayton is finally in shape.  He was clearly gassed the first 10 games and is now getting fed the ball.  Do I think he's 25/15 every night?  No but 20/10 on elite %s plus blocks is reasonable.  

Easily, considering he was already 19/10 guy with plus blocks last year. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dwu17 said:

I'm a raps fan so I watch all their games....boucher is the real deal

boucher is good but 4 consecutive 20+ point games is def a sell high moment moment for him 

if he keeps scoring 20 ppg ros i’ll eat my words 

blocks will always be there tho 

38 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

boucher is good but 4 consecutive 20+ point games is def a sell high moment moment for him 

if he keeps scoring 20 ppg ros i’ll eat my words 

blocks will always be there tho 

Not expecting 20+....but I think 15/9 on like 1.8 threes and 2 blocks is attainable 

46 minutes ago, dwu17 said:

Not expecting 20+....but I think 15/9 on like 1.8 threes and 2 blocks is attainable 

Not if the Raptors bring in a starting caliber center which is likely 

Just now, dwu17 said:

Didn't len get waived so that they can give more minutes to boucher

Nope just opens up a spot for a potential trade. I like Boucher and for fantasy he is awesome but he can't be a starter full time. The elite big's will eat him alive

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Nope just opens up a spot for a potential trade. I like Boucher and for fantasy he is awesome but he can't be a starter full time. The elite big's will eat him alive

Yea - he's still to skinny to handle the top big men. They still need a big bruiser to handle the big boys

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 80version said:

Having his way with Jokic down low (no homo).  Ayton’s chemistry with CP3 has come a long way over the first month of the season.  

Yup starting to like lob city 2.0

• Thanks 1