NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

The mans on course for a 30/15 game and people are still complaining?

I think we're more frustrated at the coaching decisions right now. They stopped involving him and started losing. He had a fantastic game but it could've been even better 

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

I think we're more frustrated at the coaching decisions right now. They stopped involving him and started losing. He had a fantastic game but it could've been even better 

Booker's injured it seems so now they're going to have to run it through him while he's out

Watched the game and chemistry definitely improved especially with CP3. But there were still a couple of times when his rolls were late/early or he had really bad positioning. And Cam Payne can't seem to find AD anywhere, can't even make an entry pass

Yeah I watched the game. Even Van Gundy said it "they haven't run any plays for Ayton" 

It all comes from pick and rolls , Off boards and sealing his man. 

Kinda strange 

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

Watched the game and chemistry definitely improved especially with CP3. But there were still a couple of times when his rolls were late/early or he had really bad positioning. And Cam Payne can't seem to find AD anywhere, can't even make an entry pass

*DA. Of course he won't find AD, he's in a different team 😂

Also ran into CP3 twice after setting a screen, got in the way of Bridge's drive and ended up getting an oreb and a basket 😂. The point is, he produced great numbers in the last 3 games with still lots of room for improvement😂

Edited by ellejamil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an 18 / 11 / 1.5 BLK season on elite FG% and great FT% for a center.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

CP3 vocalized that he expects more out of ayton. Last few games he has been the 3rd round pick ive been hoping for. Picked with hopes of the CP3 effect and good to see this production.

Ayton went in the 2nd round mostly. He needs to keep it up and then some. 

• Thanks 1

I picked him up in 3rd round in my 11 teams RoTo league and he went 2nd round in my 14 teams h2h league. He went between 20 and 30 in almost any draft.

I had doubts between him and Gobert and the only reason I picked him is because he has a better ft%. I knew he ll get less shots this year but I also thought he ll be more effective with Cp3. 

As long as his fg% is close to 60% , gets me double digits rebounds and some blocks and does not hurt my ft% I am happy with him. In a RoTo league settings, thats more then enough. The most imporant thing is that he is healthy and  playing high minutes. His points will surely be lower but I dont really care that much for points as long as he is efficient from the floor and free throws

On 1/22/2021 at 4:33 AM, dwu17 said:

Sold high on ayton and traded him and capela for wood and boucher...I think I won the trade easily

More like buy low on Ayton and sell high on Boucher deal. 

I ll take Capella any day over Boucher. Wood is somewhat better then Ayton but you didnt won the trade. 

6 hours ago, CFN said:

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an 18 / 11 / 1.5 BLK season on elite FG% and great FT% for a center.  

We tried telling them earlier 🤷🏽‍♂️ They just never listen. Same old story every year. But I sure love panic owners in my leagues!

• Like 1