NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

We can blame Paul and all the chuckers on that team all we want, but the bottom line is Ayton’s a sheep.  He doesn’t have that dawg mentality that say I’m gonna take at least 15-20 shots a game and do something with the goddamn ball when he gets it.  I’ve seen so many games where he gets the ball and does absolutely nothing but look to pass it.

That’s what he was doing today. He had a 6ft bloke on him deep in the post and passed it out, 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Frustrating how Paul hardly gets him any looks in the post. At least it’s better than last game 😂

It’s Monty gameplan. Even booker has been shocking this season. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

After a 5-pt stinker, he looked like he was on pace for a 20-10 finish by half time, only to sit the last 15mins 🤣

Super annoying. Joined in at the halftime, thought great looks like a  killer game, and then nothing happened except couple of TOs. 

Edited by AomineDaiki05

He never went back in the game after getting his 4th foul in the third quarter. Granted it was a blowout, it would have been nice for Monty to send him back in for few plays just to give him some burn and prop up his confidence. The way he’s being used, it would seem that he’s not that valued by the Suns. He’s supposed to be cornerstone of the franchise and yet guys like Crowder are getting more shots than him. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, AstroWorld said:

I received an offer of Embiid for my Ayton, Smart yesterday.... I actually turned that down smh. 

Why would you ever turn that down? Even if Ayton kept beasting Embiid is more valuable than those two.

• Like 1

Dude was a headache last season and finally was able to get off the train this season. Incredible talent but will never be unleashed. Poor attitude, lazy and lacks confidence in his abilities. Should have the most shot attempts after Booker and especially if Book is out

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, steveyi32 said:

Injured from what??

either it was a pinched nerve in the shoulder or a kick to the shoulder, it didnt look good but i saw him on the bench relaxed

I like that they gave up on just running a 2 man PNR with him and CP3 since he ends up running into Paul half the time

They started throwing in a shooter to also screen alongside DA for high PnR sets to open up more space and throw off the defense.

Helped them take control of this game 

1 hour ago, gregoden said:

Are we expecting his blocks to bounce back? 4 outta the last 5 games he hasn’t blocked a shot. Is he playing a different style compared to lasts season or just in a defensive slump?

Answer is C...he is a scrub. 

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

Answer is C...he is a scrub. 

not really a scrub lol but he was never a big shot blocker ..... 1.5 is ok for a center. expect anywhere from 1-1.5 again this year 

I find it extremely hard to blame CP3 as so much people have done. Dude is one of the smartest players in the NBA and historically bigs have done well with him. Griffin and Jordan both did well with him, West did extremely well, and Capela had his best seasons with CP3. It's either coaching or Ayton just isn't getting it done. Dude needs to be more of a bully instead of so complacent on offense. Dude looks like a center version of Ben Simmons.

• Thanks 1