NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

12 hours ago, L3onD said:

it is...its also disgusting how he doesnt even know how to roll off the screen and make himself available, embiid is cucking him, hasnt touched the ball in last 6mins hes on the floor

that’s false .. he’s rolled off the screen and been in position for the dunk multiple times, only to be completely ignored. 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

Ayton right now is just basically a garbage man, offensive rebounds and putbacks. He rarely has a play called for him. The few times that I was able to watch a Suns game, very rarely did he get the ball back after setting a pick. The sad reality is the Suns is a team full of chuckers and Ayton is just there to set picks and grab boards. We’ve seen flashes though of what he could be on the offensive end of the floor. Hopefully the coach gives him more post plays to get him going. It would also be great if he could improve on his blocks. 

9 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

that’s false .. he’s rolled off the screen and been in position for the dunk multiple times, only to be completely ignored. 

thats not false, he completely got lost last night after hitting a screen, its was a combo of embiids defense and him not positioning himself after a screen

i like him but hes just not cutting it with not being aggresive and demanding...he had the ball last night in the post 3 times against smaller guards and decided to pass it out to the three instead going for it

4 minutes ago, L3onD said:

thats not false, he completely got lost last night after hitting a screen, its was a combo of embiids defense and him not positioning himself after a screen

i like him but hes just not cutting it with not being aggresive and demanding...he had the ball last night in the post 3 times against smaller guards and decided to pass it out to the three instead going for it

i was watching the game, hence my post during the 1st quarter .....

there were NUMEROUS times where he rolled off a screen and was wide open under the basket, only to be totally ignored by the suns ballhogging guards (booker, bridges, payne, even cp3) 

im not saying he’s not passive.. but this level of being ignored by your ball handlers can only contribute to the lack of confidence, thus creating a sense of self-doubt that causes him to pass on wide open looks later in the game. 

On 2/13/2021 at 4:27 PM, wangjiny said:

Taco league?

What a fukking passive bum. Like I said before, not convinced he is better than Gorgui Dieng

You are wrong sire,   Dieng would give you better production than this passive bum if given the minutes.  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiite, even Cody Zeller is outplaying him off the bloody waiver wire.

• Thanks 1

He doesn’t play with any fire and desire. He should be out there demanding touches from old man Paul. He’s a #1 pick but doesn’t play like it. Looks very pedestrian.

2 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

He doesn’t play with any fire and desire. He should be out there demanding touches from old man Paul. He’s a #1 pick but doesn’t play like it. Looks very pedestrian.

Yup that's exactly the problem. Dude is an absolute doormat on the offensive end. CP3 and Booker do whatever they want, but this guy just stands until someone is nice enough to give him the ball. He's so f*****g big and strong, and actually offensively skilled, I have no idea why he doesn't assert himself into the game.

What a damn waste of a 2nd round pick.

I dont get it.  I think he had a really solid line last night. Solid points, decent Rebs, couple assists, 7/9 from field, didn't miss any FT, a Blk, n even hit a 3. Very happy with that, will gladly take every single game. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Over the last month hes avg 15/13, on 60/80 shooting, playing well over 30 mins a game.

I kno his Pts n Def stats are down a bit this yr, but his shooting and rebs are up. In a redraft maybe he goes in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd?

8 minutes ago, gregp said:

I dont get it.  I think he had a really solid line last night. Solid points, decent Rebs, couple assists, 7/9 from field, didn't miss any FT, a Blk, n even hit a 3. Very happy with that, will gladly take every single game. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Over the last month hes avg 15/13, on 60/80 shooting, playing well over 30 mins a game.

I kno his Pts n Def stats are down a bit this yr, but his shooting and rebs are up. In a redraft maybe he goes in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd?

Yeah I mean in a vacuum his stats are pretty solid. Like you said, scoring in the teens, double digit rebounds with elite fg% and a block.

The problem is, this is actually a downgrade from what he was providing last year, as well as not playing anywhere close to his 2nd round ADP. It really hurts your team when a guy you spent your 2nd round pick on is playing like a mid-rounder instead. I could have drafted Jimmy, PG or Kyrie, all of whom went after Ayton. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah I mean in a vacuum his stats are pretty solid. Like you said, scoring in the teens, double digit rebounds with elite fg% and a block.

The problem is, this is actually a downgrade from what he was providing last year, as well as not playing anywhere close to his 2nd round ADP. It really hurts your team when a guy you spent your 2nd round pick on is playing like a mid-rounder instead. I could have drafted Jimmy, PG or Kyrie, all of whom went after Ayton. 

Lol what?!? I'm not saying those guys arent better players, but the 3 of them have missed a combined 32 games this year! They're super talented players, often elite, but they were drafted end of 2nd round for a reason. Ayton hasn't missed a game(and Phx actually has couple games to make up from PPDs earlier this year)

In a redraft, I'm sure PG, kyrie n Jimmy would go ahead of him. But I really dont think Ayton would fall too far from where he was drafted this yr. Like maybe end of 3rd round (35th) at worst.

Edited by gregp
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, fabrar said:

It really hurts your team when a guy you spent your 2nd round pick on is playing like a mid-rounder instead.

And yes, we know his overall numbers have dipped a tad from last year (leading to 'mid round' value), but over the last month+ hes hovering around 3rd round value.

He had a kinda rough start to the season. Thatll happen when a ball dominant, HOF pg comes in a takes over the team. Took them a min to mesh.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:10 AM, ajcruz14 said:

Was lucky enough,  that someone offered me Turner and Nurk for Ayton, Trent and Aldridge. 😅 

Seems fair enough. Think I'd rather have the ayton side, but it's close.

Aldridge and Nurk are a wash. Neither was playin great before injury, who knows how theyll be after, or even when they're coming back. I suppose Nurk offers more upside, but the Blazers and Kanter are playing amazing, I'm sure they're in no major rush to bring Nurk back. And GTJ has also been playing great, and very well might continue doing so even after CJ comes back, whenever that is.

Comes down to how much you value Turner over Ayton. Turners been a draft steal this yr, but his early season magic is fizzling. He has a nice game here n there, but his FG% and Def stats are regressing back closer to his norm. Whereas Ayton has been playing better.

• Like 3

who watched htis guy last year? how the hell did he average 18/10. i just dont see it. this was supposed to be a 22/12 year..its literally regressed significantly.

Edited by rage2021

I am really surprised by this guy. There were questions about his motor when he was drafted but to see things like this play out is always surprising to me. Maybe this is not the year he gets it going, maybe it's the contract year that he starts busting his butt for the $$$

• Like 1
12 hours ago, gregp said:

Seems fair enough. Think I'd rather have the ayton side, but it's close.

Aldridge and Nurk are a wash. Neither was playin great before injury, who knows how theyll be after, or even when they're coming back. I suppose Nurk offers more upside, but the Blazers and Kanter are playing amazing, I'm sure they're in no major rush to bring Nurk back. And GTJ has also been playing great, and very well might continue doing so even after CJ comes back, whenever that is.

Comes down to how much you value Turner over Ayton. Turners been a draft steal this yr, but his early season magic is fizzling. He has a nice game here n there, but his FG% and Def stats are regressing back closer to his norm. Whereas Ayton has been playing better.

Hmmmm in my situation, I definitely value Turner's def stats over Ayton's reb and FG%. Even with some regression to his blocks, and with how the rosters panned out in my league, the guy basically wins me blocks every week in my league. My roster can compensate with whatever stats i lose by trading away Ayton.  Also, idk, after watching PHX alot this year, I just don't see it with Ayton this year. Even with his improved play, I just think he's not that involved with the offense. The guards struggle feeding him in the post, and when he does get it, he seems so unconfident that he just messes up the opportunity at times. The guy's built like a tank, but plays so weak sometimes in the post. It doesn't help that CP3 most of the time just kicks it out to the wing or takes the shot himself, on their PnRs. Honestly, it's not really fun owning the guy in Fantasy this year. 

With regards to Nurk, the guy was starting to play well before he injured his hand, and the potential is too hard to pass up. Aldridge on the other hand... at this point in his career, the guy's an improved version of Brook Lopez. It doesn't help that the Spurs actually play better defensively with Poeltl in the game. Also, his injury's gonna be an issue for the rest of the season. The guy's gonna be a headache to own for the rest of the season. 

Eh, i think GTJ's value really drops off once CJ comes back. CJ and Dame are so high usage, that i don't see where GTJ's shots are gonna come from. Plus, was able to pick up Justin Holiday from the waivers after this trade went through, so I think it ended up pretty well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1