NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately¬† ūüôŹ

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

19 hours ago, gregp said:

And yes, we know his overall numbers have dipped a tad from last year (leading to 'mid round' value), but over the last month+ hes hovering around 3rd round value.

He had a kinda rough start to the season. Thatll happen when a ball dominant, HOF pg comes in a takes over the team. Took them a min to mesh.

Seems fair enough. Think I'd rather have the ayton side, but it's close.

Aldridge and Nurk are a wash. Neither was playin great before injury, who knows how theyll be after, or even when they're coming back. I suppose Nurk offers more upside, but the Blazers and Kanter are playing amazing, I'm sure they're in no major rush to bring Nurk back. And GTJ has also been playing great, and very well might continue doing so even after CJ comes back, whenever that is.

Comes down to how much you value Turner over Ayton. Turners been a draft steal this yr, but his early season magic is fizzling. He has a nice game here n there, but his FG% and Def stats are regressing back closer to his norm. Whereas Ayton has been playing better.

Are you ok?

Seems fair enough? This is close to Veto depending on the time of the trade. Turner is borderline first rounder this year, and you got him for 1 mid round player and another potential drop. It doesn't help that Nurkic has way higher potential than Aldridge. 

Don't know where that 3rd round hovering comes from? He's closer to being droppable.  He is not improving at all. And when playoff comes he might become a drop. If you are already losing rebs no need to hold him. What has happened with his defensive stats? Saturday will be his 10th straight game without a steal. Is he going for some kind of record? How is that even possible for a guy that plays 30+?

In a redraft, it would be suicidal to consider drafting him before 6th round.

To close this out here are some waiver Cs who are playing better or at least not worse than him for the last couple of weeks.

Poelt, Noel, Zeller, Millsap are clearly better. Willy Hernangomez, Zubac and Favors have similar value depending on what you need. The only thing Ayton has going for him is that he plays more than them. But this is how bad he is. Someone can make an argument that Zubac is better fit for his team than Ayton and there is no argument to refute that. Ridiculous. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Are you ok?

Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking. How are you?

Ok, so for reference, trade was: Ayton/trent jr/Aldridge for m turner/Nurk... 

Over the last month, based on yahoo 9cat totals, Ayton is hovering around 3rd round value. Turner has been a bit better during that timeframe but he is gradually came back to earth after his ridiculous start to the year. Ayton prob wont reach his end of 2nd round value you paid for, but there's no reason he cant sustain close to 3rd round value ros, and I imagine Turner will have similar value ros, unless he reverts back to shooting well over 50% with 6 stocks/gm like he was to begin the year, which seems very unlikely. Over Turners first 14 games he was shooting 53%, over his last 8 games hes at 44%, which is far more realistic considering the amount 3s he takes (and misses). His steals are way down, and even his points and 3s are down a bit too. 

Based on FantasyPros ROS Rankings (which I find reliable, you can go off w/e site tickles your fancy, I'm sure theyll have similar rankings) ..Turner is ranked 36 and Ayton 42, which seems accurate for both of them. I'd prob rather have Turner over Ayton ros, but it's close to me, depends on rest of build of my team. 

GTJ has been playing great, and hes not doing anything unsustainable. I would imagine his production comes down once CJ comes back (who knows when that is...April??) But it would be foolish for blazers to give Trent less than 30 mins most nights. Hes their 3rd best offensive weapon, and a big reason the Blazers are playing so well rn. 

Another huge reason they are playing so well is Kanter. Theres no reason for them to rush Nurk back. He was hurt all of last year, he's hurt again this year, and he wasnt even playing great before the injury this year. He had an 8 game stretch in the bubble that made everyone go bonkers over him in the draft. At this point in their careers Nurk obv offers more upside than Aldridge, and LMA might be a borderline drop depending on how the Spurs use him when he gets back, or even what team he is on, but Nurk is still loaded with question marks to me. They both are.

I think i like the Ayton side a bit more, but it's really close to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gregp said:

Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking. How are you?

Ok, so for reference, trade was: Ayton/trent jr/Aldridge for m turner/Nurk... 

Over the last month, based on yahoo 9cat totals, Ayton is hovering around 3rd round value. Turner has been a bit better during that timeframe but he is gradually came back to earth after his ridiculous start to the year. Ayton prob wont reach his end of 2nd round value you paid for, but there's no reason he cant sustain close to 3rd round value ros, and I imagine Turner will have similar value ros, unless he reverts back to shooting well over 50% with 6 stocks/gm like he was to begin the year, which seems very unlikely. Over Turners first 14 games he was shooting 53%, over his last 8 games hes at 44%, which is far more realistic considering the amount 3s he takes (and misses). His steals are way down, and even his points and 3s are down a bit too. 

Based on FantasyPros ROS Rankings (which I find reliable, you can go off w/e site tickles your fancy, I'm sure theyll have similar rankings) ..Turner is ranked 36 and Ayton 42, which seems accurate for both of them. I'd prob rather have Turner over Ayton ros, but it's close to me, depends on rest of build of my team. 

GTJ has been playing great, and hes not doing anything unsustainable. I would imagine his production comes down once CJ comes back (who knows when that is...April??) But it would be foolish for blazers to give Trent less than 30 mins most nights. Hes their 3rd best offensive weapon, and a big reason the Blazers are playing so well rn. 

Another huge reason they are playing so well is Kanter. Theres no reason for them to rush Nurk back. He was hurt all of last year, he's hurt again this year, and he wasnt even playing great before the injury this year. He had an 8 game stretch in the bubble that made everyone go bonkers over him in the draft. At this point in their careers Nurk obv offers more upside than Aldridge, and LMA might be a borderline drop depending on how the Spurs use him when he gets back, or even what team he is on, but Nurk is still loaded with question marks to me. They both are.

I think i like the Ayton side a bit more, but it's really close to me. 

This is really mean of you. You are quite clearly trying to scam someone who reads this forum into buying your Ayton. 
I'm sorry but there is no way that

14.7 0.2 12.7 1.7 0.3 1.0 .614 10.5 .774 2.1 2.3

come close to

13.9 1.6 6.4 0.9 0.7 3.0 .522 9.1 .792 3.5 1.4

BBM rankings with 68 and 27 seem more accurate. Ayton is what he is a player whose rank is somewhere between 50 and 100, great rebs and good fg% and decent blocks, but he is killing you in 3s, assists, steals, subpar ft and his TOs are way too high.
Turner is winning you 1 category per week, and doesn't really hurt you anywhere except assists. 

If you are the player GregP is trying do scam, do not listen to him. Players praising Ayton are probably his fake accounts. Not only that it isn't true that Ayton is improving, he is in fact regressing, as his numbers for the past 2 weeks are:

13.3 0.3 10.7 1.3 0.0 0.9 .646 9.3 .778 1.3 2.3

Beware of scammers. 

• Haha 3
44 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

This is really mean of you. You are quite clearly trying to scam someone who reads this forum into buying your Ayton. 
I'm sorry but there is no way that

14.7 0.2 12.7 1.7 0.3 1.0 .614 10.5 .774 2.1 2.3

come close to

13.9 1.6 6.4 0.9 0.7 3.0 .522 9.1 .792 3.5 1.4

BBM rankings with 68 and 27 seem more accurate. Ayton is what he is a player whose rank is somewhere between 50 and 100, great rebs and good fg% and decent blocks, but he is killing you in 3s, assists, steals, subpar ft and his TOs are way too high.
Turner is winning you 1 category per week, and doesn't really hurt you anywhere except assists. 

If you are the player GregP is trying do scam, do not listen to him. Players praising Ayton are probably his fake accounts. Not only that it isn't true that Ayton is improving, he is in fact regressing, as his numbers for the past 2 weeks are:

13.3 0.3 10.7 1.3 0.0 0.9 .646 9.3 .778 1.3 2.3

Beware of scammers. 

Lol, calling me mean, and a scammer? Settle down.

All I'm saying is Ayton is playing better since beg of year, while lately Turner is regressing (funny how you failed to mention Turners stats over last 2 weeks and only mentioned Aytons)

There are reliable, trustworthy, credited sites out there, such as FantasyPros, that have Ayton and Turner with a similar Rest Of Season ranking. And I agree with that. Sure, I'd prob rather have Turner ROS, but it's close. 

Turner is your guy if you need Blks, and i guess some 3s n Stls (tho his stls are way down from beg of yr, and youd get more than enough 3s n Stls w GTJ per the trade of topic). While if you need Rebs n FG% than Ayton is your guy.

I'm not trying to fool, or 'scam', anyone here. I'm just an Ayton fan, I know his potential. And he doesn't deserve all the hate hes getting in this thread.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, gregp said:

Lol, calling me mean, and a scammer? Settle down.

All I'm saying is Ayton is playing better since beg of year, while lately Turner is regressing (funny how you failed to mention Turners stats over last 2 weeks and only mentioned Aytons)

There are reliable, trustworthy, credited sites out there, such as FantasyPros, that have Ayton and Turner with a similar Rest Of Season ranking. And I agree with that. Sure, I'd prob rather have Turner ROS, but it's close. 

Turner is your guy if you need Blks, and i guess some 3s n Stls (tho his stls are way down from beg of yr, and youd get more than enough 3s n Stls w GTJ per the trade of topic). While if you need Rebs n FG% than Ayton is your guy.

I'm not trying to fool, or 'scam', anyone here. I'm just an Ayton fan, I know his potential. And he doesn't deserve all the hate hes getting in this thread.

Damn you are really something aren't you? Reliable, trustworthy, credited sites when it comes to fantasy basketball? Ha, ha
What was the predicted ranking for Ayton before the year started?

And yes you are mean and you are scammer. You are the first one to list Turner's 2 week period and disregard Ayton's, and now you are somehow trying to pretend that I did something shady. That's a classic scammer play. 

You have been caught. Go try to sell your stuff someplace else. 
Turner(ranked 12) = Ayton(ranked 75 and dropping). Cool story. This is my last post here. I have nothing to gain, my only goal was to expose you, which I did.

It's really ridiculous what some people are prepared to do. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Totally unrelated, yesterday I received an offer my Jerami Grant for Ayton. Gregp is that you? ;)

2 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Damn you are really something aren't you? Reliable, trustworthy, credited sites when it comes to fantasy basketball? Ha, ha

And yes you are mean and you are scammer. You are the first one to list Turner's 2 week period and disregard Ayton's, and now you are somehow trying to pretend that I did something shady. That's a classic scammer play. 

Turner(ranked 12) = Ayton(ranked 75 and dropping). Cool story. This is my last post here. I have nothing to gain, my only goal was to expose you, which I did.

It's really ridiculous what some people are prepared to do. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Totally unrelated, yesterday I received an offer my Jerami Grant for Ayton. Gregp is that you? ;)

No, you're mean!

Ok can we just agree that Ayton has been really underwhelming and hasn't live up to his ADP? I don't think there's any denying that. This is a guy who put up 18/12 with 1.5 blocks last year, and you would expect him to improve given that he is going into year 3. Except he's regressed in almost every major category you draft him for 

Edited by fabrar
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, fabrar said:

Ok can we just agree that Ayton has been really underwhelming and hasn't live up to his ADP? I don't think there's any denying that. This is a guy who put up 18/12 with 1.5 blocks last year, and you would expect him to improve given that he is going into year 3. Except he's regressed in almost every major category you draft him for 

Definitely. In our keeper league, I paid a $10 premium to his avg draft salary, putting him in the neighborhood of Beal's salary. I also have Beal and they are miles apart despite offering drastically different stats.

i own both turner and ayton 

turner has been far better, but his arrow is pointing down lately 

on the other hand, ayton has been a huge disappointment, but it’s hard to imagine him not picking it up at some point this year 

if we compare them last season, ayton was far better, hence his adp .. 

so i think theyll both fall somewhere in between where they were last season and how they’re playing now, meaning they’ll meet in the middle by seasons end.

the guy talkin bout scammers and being mean is hilarious tho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, AomineDaiki05 said:

spacer.png

• Haha 5
16 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

i own both turner and ayton 

turner has been far better, but his arrow is pointing down lately 

on the other hand, ayton has been a huge disappointment, but it’s hard to imagine him not picking it up at some point this year 

if we compare them last season, ayton was far better, hence his adp .. 

so i think theyll both fall somewhere in between where they were last season and how they’re playing now, meaning they’ll meet in the middle by seasons end.

the guy talkin bout scammers and being mean is hilarious tho. 

The roster is different from last season. They added CP3 over Rubio, they added Crowder (3-D), both Mikal and Cam have also seen the roles increased. Last season Ayton on most nights was the 2nd option. This season he is the 3rd/4th option on most nights. Also what's with the quadruple spacing in between sentences lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

spacer.png

Looking at the amount of the time you wasted on this site, you are the one that needs help.

11k + posts, must be a wonderful life you are having, when you need to post s---y comments in search for likes ;)

Turner >>> Ayton. Anyone saying otherwise is either insane, troller or scammer. 

Once again Ayton is a player who'll finish somewhere between 50-100, and that's that. I understand hopeful owners praying that he'll start to turn it around, but there is nothing supporting that. I'd worry about him dropping out of top 100 more than hoping that he'll crack top 50. 

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

The roster is different from last season. They added CP3 over Rubio, they added Crowder (3-D), both Mikal and Cam have also seen the roles increased. Last season Ayton on most nights was the 2nd option. This season he is the 3rd/4th option on most nights. Also what's with the quadruple spacing in between sentences lol

easier to read than a wall of text.......

but let’s be honest, we all thought cp3 was going to ELEVATE ayton.. similar to how he elevated blake griffin. 

now, we see he’s actually made ayton an afterthought. to most people, this has been a surprise... we’re talking about a 1st overall pick who was damn near 20-12 last year.. a franchise cornerstone, not some scrub who the Suns signed for the MLE..

so all that considered, the only real reason ayton is averaging 5 less attempts than last year is because the Suns are winning without the need for his offense.

i presume that if they start losing (which i believe they will at some point), ayton will eventually be integrated more into the offense as him and cp3 get more familiar. 

he’s at 14 ppg right now... i’m thinking he’ll end the season at around 17 ppg. could be wishful thinking on my behalf, but it’s far from a stretch. 

47 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Looking at the amount of the time you wasted on this site, you are the one that needs help.

11k + posts, must be a wonderful life you are having, when you need to post s---y comments in search for likes ;)

Turner >>> Ayton. Anyone saying otherwise is either insane, troller or scammer. 

Once again Ayton is a player who'll finish somewhere between 50-100, and that's that. I understand hopeful owners praying that he'll start to turn it around, but there is nothing supporting that. I'd worry about him dropping out of top 100 more than hoping that he'll crack top 50. 

I’ll say otherwise.  Points Leagues (which by the way reflect real life more).  Rotoworld wrote an entire article about how the various FFB formats reflects to real life earlier this season.  It specifically talked about guys like Turner.  So while Turner is probably better than Ayton in categories because of how category leagues accentuate specific categories. In Turners case blocks. If you took away Turners blocks would he be better than Ayton overall in category leagues? In points leagues currently Ayton is 32nd overall and Turner is 50th. 

4 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I’ll say otherwise.  Points Leagues (which by the way reflect real life more).  Rotoworld wrote an entire article about how the various FFB formats reflects to real life earlier this season.  It specifically talked about guys like Turner.  So while Turner is probably better than Ayton in categories because of how category leagues accentuate specific categories. In Turners case blocks. If you took away Turners blocks would he be better than Ayton overall in category leagues? In points leagues currently Ayton is 32nd overall and Turner is 50th. 

Oh, sorry I tend to forget that points league is a thing too.  Still in rankings I see Turner at around 50th position and Ayton at 70th. Not that big of a difference, so that would be a fair trade.
 If we are talking abount points or leagues with DD, and stuff like that then rankings might greatly change.

My points and arguments that I was having were for standard 9 cat only. If you drop Turner's blocks to Aytons level it would be an even fight. Turner would still be a decent all around player if we are looking at his season stats, and if we are looking at his most recent stats then he'd be bad, but Ayton is also bad there so fair fight :) Depending on your needs you'd pick either one. Now let's return those 2.5 blocks to Turner and the comparison is non existent. I don't really follow Rankings to the letter, but there is a reason why Turner is 12th and Ayton 76th. 

I see your point, I should have specified the league settings for people who haven't read the whole exchange. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Ok now that we have out of the way can we go back to crapping on ayton for being disappointing 

cant wait for willy hernangomez to look like pau gasol next to ayton tonight

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, radiohead said:

Anyone watching the game? He has 19 pts and 5 boards so far, and is 8/11 from the field. Are they actually feeding him the ball now? 

I’m wondering the same thing. Im guessing since they’re playing Portland he’s probably destroying Kanter since they don’t have Nurkic or any other viable center? It’s good to see him finally get some shots up, hopefully it carries over. 

• Haha 1