NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Well, he sat for early for getting 2 quick fouls. When he got back, he was rolling. But then the Suns went wild and everyone sat for a chunk of the 3rd and all the 4th

This has happened way too many times this year! Blowouts.

I've severely lowered my expectations for DA this year, and it's made it much easier to stomach his lines. Just pretend he's a low-end big man, and forget that you passed on Embiid to take him in the 2nd round. 🤢🤢🤢

I think it's only a matter of time before him and CP3 start to find their rhythm. I mean, it can't get any worse than this, right? At this point I'm just hoping he can get back to last year's block stats (1.5 BPG) and not kill my FT%. That's it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

Finally have a good game

But sometimes I don't get why he seems afraid to shoot or attack the rim with contact given that he has elite athleticism and size

g4iqXFTLs

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, kane said:

Finally have a good game

But sometimes I don't get why he seems afraid to shoot or attack the rim with contact given that he has elite athleticism and size

g4iqXFTLs

Aahhah nice, I really like the drawing. :) 

Facing a Lakers squad with no Gasol and Harrell as the starting center. If he doesn’t have a big offensive game today he’s never gonna turn it around, either because he’s not being aggressive  or the team isn’t feeding him and just passing around the perimeter and jacking up 3s. 

5 minutes ago, B.A.G. said:

Facing a Lakers squad with no Gasol and Harrell as the starting center. If he doesn’t have a big offensive game today he’s never gonna turn it around, either because he’s not being aggressive  or the team isn’t feeding him and just passing around the perimeter and jacking up 3s. 

currently aggresive 

i want him to take those midrange shots, he legit has a great stroke for a big man

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, B.A.G. said:

Unfortunately, it's hard to deny that their strategy is working though, since they have the #3 record in the league.

• Like 1

Yeah he’s called for the ball pretty much all game but they don’t feed him as much as they should, it looks especially egregious in this game given the matchups and his obvious advantage on the floor.

It’s been crazy watching the Suns be so consistently good without his offense and he’s not that huge of a defensive presence so it’s not like we can point to that either. Booker started off slow but he’s gotten back to being an elite scorer and that’s been enough. 

I also really like how his shot looks, but he’s always hesitant with his jumper so he front rims a lot of them. It looks like he’s overthinking on offense constantly, looking to pass out when he has a mismatch or even under the rim at times. Combine that with the fact that they never post him up and he’s used more as screener in the pick and roll than a finisher, it sucks watching such an offensive talent go to waste.

But again this has been the story the whole season.  Maybe next year he falls in the draft and ups his numbers being more comfortable with CP3 and the others. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, B.A.G. said:

Yeah he’s called for the ball pretty much all game but they don’t feed him as much as they should, it looks especially egregious in this game given the matchups and his obvious advantage on the floor.

It’s been crazy watching the Suns be so consistently good without his offense and he’s not that huge of a defensive presence so it’s not like we can point to that either. Booker started off slow but he’s gotten back to being an elite scorer and that’s been enough. 

I also really like how his shot looks, but he’s always hesitant with his jumper so he front rims a lot of them. It looks like he’s overthinking on offense constantly, looking to pass out when he has a mismatch or even under the rim at times. Combine that with the fact that they never post him up and he’s used more as screener in the pick and roll than a finisher, it sucks watching such an offensive talent go to waste.

But again this has been the story the whole season.  Maybe next year he falls in the draft and ups his numbers being more comfortable with CP3 and the others. 

He really has no clue how to establish position on the offensive end to the point where they need to feed him the ball. Yes, he is calling for it but its in spots where its not the best play for the team because hes just sticking his hands out and asking for it rather than getting in the best possible spot to receive the ball. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

He really has no clue how to establish position on the offensive end to the point where they need to feed him the ball. Yes, he is calling for it but its in spots where its not the best play for the team because hes just sticking his hands out and asking for it rather than getting in the best possible spot to receive the ball. 

Oh I agree, the thing is they either haven’t noticed (which is crazy to think) or just haven’t really addressed it because they’re winning. What gives me hope is that he is consistent with his effort and energy out there, he and the team just need to figure out how to use his energy and movement properly. 

2 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Im not watching, why were Paul and him pulled when it’s still a close game with 2 minutes and Lebron is still in? 🤔

Bench was playing well. Saric especially 

I just had to rage turn off Inside the NBA because for some reason Ayton got the interview and Candice Parker asked him what he did to take such a huge step forward this year. These people really do not watch the games do they?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, L3onD said:

hes either scoring in 20s and having less then 10 rebs or scoring in mid 10s and having 15+ rebs

hahah f ucking crazy right ?!

5 hours ago, L3onD said:

hes either scoring in 20s and having less then 10 rebs or scoring in mid 10s and having 15+ rebs

Can we return to 15+ rebs days? 

Good time to try to get rid of him, if there are some heavy ranking believers in your league. He's currently ranked 25th for the past 4 games. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Soccer8098 said:

I just had to rage turn off Inside the NBA because for some reason Ayton got the interview and Candice Parker asked him what he did to take such a huge step forward this year. These people really do not watch the games do they?

It's all about narrative, baby. The league learned their lesson once Magic and Bird showed up. Having someone quiet like Kareem as the NBA's best player (when he was with the Bucks) was bad for business. So, they started playing up the storylines to keep people interested. There's a reason why they did everything they could to keep Duncan from being the face of the league in the 2000s, even though the dude won 4 friggin' championships in less than a decade. Shaq and Kobe were more interesting, had more drama. The threepeat was nothing to sneeze at, so I won't say it was all fluff. In short, Ayton's not the most interesting guy, but he's a lottery pick and they're looking for young guys to talk about who aren't Luka or Tre.

That's my theory, anyways. Take it for what it is.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Soccer8098 said:

Not to go on a rant but all these mainstream media commentators and analysts are straight ******** awful. As in embarrassingly pathetic.

First off, most of these commentators are utter garbage and spend 40% of the time shitting on everything involving the NBA, 40% talking about random ****, and then 20% actually talking about basketball. Guys like Mike Breen and Kevin Harlan are great but a lot of these commentary teams suck overall.

Then the "analysts" are even worse. Even "Inside the NBA" has taken a pretty big nosedive with Shaq crying half the time and all the complaining they do about the modern NBA. Whatever pathetic excuse ESPN puts out for a show is even worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Not to go on a rant but all these mainstream media commentators and analysts are straight ******** awful. As in embarrassingly pathetic.

First off, most of these commentators are utter garbage and spend 40% of the time shitting on everything involving the NBA, 40% talking about random ****, and then 20% actually talking about basketball. Guys like Mike Breen and Kevin Harlan are great but a lot of these commentary teams suck overall.

Then the "analysts" are even worse. Even "Inside the NBA" has taken a pretty big nosedive with Shaq crying half the time and all the complaining they do about the modern NBA. Whatever pathetic excuse ESPN puts out for a show is even worse.

This. 

Also it's questionable if those guys even watch NBA, Shaq had the segment the other day where he couldn't name the first names of NBA regulars. Ridiculous. There was also Cuban vs Skip talk several years ago, where Skip couldn't answer some of the most basic questions. 

Even those 20% actual basketball talk is really low quality, mostly do to big egos and past romanticizing. 

• Like 1