NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately¬† ūüôŹ

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, wangjiny said:

this stiff needs to take more than 7 shots against this sorry a** Warriors frontcourt

He just doesn't have any aggression or any kind of killer mentality. All the talent and physical tools but just total weaksauce mentally. He's happy to be passive and let big bros Booker and CP3 do the work

Edited by fabrar
26 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He just doesn't have any aggression or any kind of killer mentality. All the talent and physical tools but just total weaksauce mentally. He's happy to be passive and let big bros Booker and CP3 do the work

Pretty sure his goal this season is to focus on the defense and let those two carry the offense. Given the Suns' record thus far, that mentality is unlikely to change anytime soon, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Pretty sure his goal this season is to focus on the defense and let those two carry the offense. Given the Suns' record thus far, that mentality is unlikely to change anytime soon, unfortunately.

Yeah I've stopped hoping for him to be the 20/10 guy I thought he was gonna be. Waste of a 2nd round pick but it's working IRL for the team so nothing much I can do

• Like 1

it was a wrap after candace parker asked him how his game took a leap this year

he’s basically their tyson chandler and is content wit being it 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

it was a wrap after candace parker asked him how his game took a leap this year

he’s basically their tyson chandler and is content wit being it 

Thats a stretch...Chandler was actually DPOY and made a huge impact on that end. Gorgui Dieng is the more apt comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, wangjiny said:

Thats a stretch...Chandler was actually DPOY and made a huge impact on that end. Gorgui Dieng is the more apt comparison.

lol

i mean wit the contentment of focusing on defense and rebounding 

what kobe wanted dwight to do

Damn, only have him in one league and he is still by far the most annoying player to own. There are still some expectation of him and he always finds a way to underperform. At least before he was guaranteed to give you 10 rebounds a game, but now the boy does nothing. It's not like you can swear at the coach, as Ayton is totally unnecessary and didn't really deserve the playing time he was getting in the first place. 

I was hoping that projections were right and that he'll get better, but it looks like he'll only get worse as he already started losing playing time. 

People here are somehow managing to get Myles Turner or Chris Paul for him, and here I am couldn't even get Brook Lopez, and that was before last night's game. These are the times where people bragging about playing in terrible leagues really start to annoy you. 

Don't want to turn this into a AC message - but owners here, would you consider moving him for a future pick (in a redraft) even if you're batting for a playoff?

I've been the most optimistic person in this thread all along but even I'm done sticking up for him now. Huge fantasy bust this year. We all got sucked in by the CP3 effect. It happens. 

God I hate this bum. A #1 pick and supposed franchise cornerstone who plays like a mediocre role player. Worst waste of a 2nd round pick I've ever had 

Fook this guy. BUST of the year. I wanna trade his bum a** so baaaad. Worst 2nd round pick in my 12 yrs of playing fantasy bball.

• Like 1