Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching latelyĀ  šŸ™

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year oldĀ former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

not all on ayton.

ball dominate guards like cp3 and booker will eat first. then spot up 3 pt guys like bridges.

they are winning so i dont see this gameplan changing much.

They just lost to the worst team in the league. And it's partly his fault. Can't wait for the Suns to hamstring their future by signing him to a huge extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wangjiny said:

They just lost to the worst team in the league. And it's partly his fault. Can't wait for the Suns to hamstring their future by signing him to a huge extension.

cool 1 game and you can pick and choose what you want but who had highest + for phx? ayton

all 4 other starters were -

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

cool 1 game and you can pick and choose what you want but who had highest + for phx? ayton

all 4 other starters were -

+/- isn't always the best indicator of how a player performed. Ayton got eaten alive by KAT all night longĀ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

+/- isn't always the best indicator of how a player performed. Ayton got eaten alive by KAT all night longĀ 

yea forsure which is why i said "you can pick and choose what you want" still dont think hes a scrub and would/trying to trade for him with his 4/4/4 po schedule in both by leagues (different weeks)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Know this ainā€™t ac forum but I got offered covington and Rob will for my ayton and smart and Iā€™m really considering. Even got offered the same package for Christian wood and Iā€™m thinking that too. Ayton just hasnā€™t been that good but at the same time heā€™s been solid all overĀ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Know this ainā€™t ac forum but I got offered covington and Rob will for my ayton and smart and Iā€™m really considering. Even got offered the same package for Christian wood and Iā€™m thinking that too. Ayton just hasnā€™t been that good but at the same time heā€™s been solid all overĀ 

Assuming it's H2H 9cat. The question is which offer you should take.Ā 

I'd take the first one, I do not trust Wood's health. Covington is back to his usual self, and is clearly outplaying both Ayton and Smart. RobWill has great potential + is already playing at the same level as Ayton, and if we look at the past 2 weeks he is playing like a fantasy superstar.Ā 

Tbh I am aware about this forum's rule that Veto is only for collusion, which btw can never be proven so rarely any Vetoes ever happen, but in my leagues this trade wouldn't be allowed. Not only that you are getting two already better players, but the players you are giving away are both losing minutes as we speak.Ā 

What is that guys reasoning for targeting Smart and Ayton? Is your league paying something for the last place? :DĀ Worst pairing ever, guy who is only good at fg% and other guy that destroys it.Ā 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

KAT must have got him into foul trouble. He's on my do not draft for next season

watch him averageĀ 20-14 next season while being drafted in the 5th-6th round...i know that ***** gonna happen

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, L3onD said:

watch him averageĀ 20-14 next season while being drafted in the 5th-6th round...i know that ***** gonna happen

GuarrraaaannnteedĀ *Barkleyā€™s voice*

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Bust of the season for my team and probably for a lot of other people too. At least John Collins has the occassional eruption.Ā 

John Collins at least TRIES to be aggressive, he just goes quiet sometimes because capela is there too and how many other wing pieces ATL has.Ā 

This dude is just a soft a** pu**y

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how much ppl complain about 'wasting' a 2nd round pick on him.

Thanks to the fact that he hasnt missed a game (which is very important in most leagues) hes ranked higher than half the guys drafted around him.

Durant, Booker, SGA, Donny, and Russ are all ranked lower than him. Even PG is only a couple spots ahead of him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he works his way into top35 by seasons end. Which makes him a 3rd rounder instead of a 2nd šŸ˜²

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gregp said:

I love how much ppl complain about 'wasting' a 2nd round pick on him.

Thanks to the fact that he hasnt missed a game (which is very important in most leagues) hes ranked higher than half the guys drafted around him.

Durant, Booker, SGA, Donny, and Russ are all ranked lower than him. Even PG is only a couple spots ahead of him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he works his way into top35 by seasons end. Which makes him a 3rd rounder instead of a 2nd šŸ˜²

Thats nice and all. But we trying to win chips here ...

Not regular season rankings šŸ˜‚

My hope is he turns it up atleast a notch or two,Ā come fantasy playoffs.Ā 

Ā 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Thats nice and all. But we trying to win chips here ...

Not regular season rankings šŸ˜‚

My hope is he turns it up atleast a notch or two,Ā come fantasy playoffs.Ā 

Generally a players ranking is a good indication of their value. You kno, kinda like how Jokic is ranked 1, and hes the most valuable fantasy player. And usually the more valuable players you have leads to winning 'chips'.

So I'm really not complaining about ayton being ranked 47, and hes actually #36 over past 2months/30games.

But sure, itd be nice if he could turn it up a bit.

Edited by gregp
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gregp said:

Generally a players ranking is a good indication of their value. You kno, kinda like how Jokic is ranked 1, and hes the most valuable fantasy player. And usually the more valuable players you have leads to winning 'chips'.

So I'm really not complaining about ayton being ranked 47, and hes actually #36 over past 2months/30games.

But sure, itd be nice if he could turn it up a bit.

Thanks for fantasy 101 .Ā 

As you eludedĀ in your original post.

His rankings are heavily skewed because of 0 missed games.

Seasonsal rankings are meaningless without taking into context per week averages.Ā 

In which per BBM Ā has him @ 70thĀ on the season

#74th last week

#99th last 2 weeks

Your rankings are a hoax , even Yahoo has him nowhere near that.

Fyi : Ā Basketballmonster.com

Thatā€™s the gold standard

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=5716

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Thanks for fantasy 101 .Ā 

As you eludedĀ in your original post.

His rankings are heavily skewed because of 0 missed games.

Seasonsal rankings are meaningless without taking into context per week averages.Ā 

In which per BBM Ā has him @ 70thĀ on the season

#74th last week

#99th last 2 weeks

Your rankings are a hoax , even Yahoo has him nowhere near that.

youre welcome.

i used bbm. in total value/total stats (which is what i focus on, not avgs) hes #48 (sorry, 1 off), and #36 since Jan. 18. Those rankings are not a hoax. Im sure a lot of his value is tied to not missing games, but i feel like thats pretty important.

And yea based on avgs, pretty disappointing and underwhelming. You can say from a real life/nba perspectiveĀ hes like the 100th ranked/valuable player or worse maybe, his numbers have been kinda bleh. He def had a slow start to the season that hurt his value a bunch.

But yea, like i said, itd be cool if he would turn it up a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gregp said:

youre welcome.

i used bbm. in total value/total stats (which is what i focus on, not avgs) hes #48 (sorry, 1 off), and #36 since Jan. 18. Those rankings are not a hoax. Im sure a lot of his value is tied to not missing games, but i feel like thats pretty important.

And yea based on avgs, pretty disappointing and underwhelming. You can say from a real life/nba perspectiveĀ hes like the 100th ranked/valuable player or worse maybe, his numbers have been kinda bleh. He def had a slow start to the season that hurt his value a bunch.

But yea, like i said, itd be cool if he would turn it up a bit.

Season rankings are mostly meaningless. We're talking season averages here and by those metrics, he's been nothing but underwhelming and a disappointment. You can try and justify it however you want but a guy picked in the 2nd round averaging 14/11 with 1 block is a massive disappointmentĀ 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 11:28 PM, fabrar said:

John Collins at least TRIES to be aggressive, he just goes quiet sometimes because capela is there too and how many other wing pieces ATL has.Ā 

This dude is just a soft a** pu**y

Exactly. I hate it that unless he's rolling or gets ball in tbe post, he's not even looking at the basket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...