NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

9 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

You were saying? There are no haters here anymore, because we've already given up on him.

He is in the fight of his life for top 100 value, and that's that. We are all aware of that. 

Huh?

Are you now chiming in after his first single digit game in weeks, where he only played 24 mins cuz his team won by 40 pts, and he had a +15. Oh and he had 2 stocks and shot well.

Sorry yall hate him but hes helping my team.

You were saying??

Edited by gregp
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gregp said:

Huh?

Are you now chiming in after his first single digit game in weeks, where he only played 24 mins cuz his team won by 40 pts, and he had a +15. Oh and he had 2 stocks and shot well.

You were saying??

It's easy when you play in a league by yourself ;) 

I think that I was clear in my previous message, no one is chiming in anymore, because we've all given up. Last week ranked 123rd, enough said.

Decent in real life, but huge fantasy disappointment. 

1 hour ago, gregp said:

Huh?

You were saying??

he is helping my team with his fg% but other than that, not so much tbh...pretty underwhelming stats and thats exactly why i said people should not get overly excited if he does great 3-4 games in a row

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

I think that I was clear in my previous message, no one is chiming in anymore, because we've all given up. Last week ranked 123rd, enough said.

Yup that's why I had my reservations when he started picking it up. Just back to being crap again 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Lol. Ok, pal

21 minutes ago, L3onD said:

he is helping my team with his fg% but other than that, not so much tbh...pretty underwhelming stats and thats exactly why i said people should not get overly excited if he does great 3-4 games in a row

So what happens when he goes on another streak of 6 great games? Im sure all the haters will disappear again. It's like he has a couple 'subpar' games (still decent numbers) and everyone jumps down his throat 

7 minutes ago, gregp said:

So what happens when he goes on another streak of 6 great games? Im sure all the haters will disappear again. It's like he has a couple 'subpar' games (still decent numbers) and everyone jumps down his throat 

i can literally count on fingers of my both hands those “great” performances...

it’s basically been a pt/fg/rbs (well mostly fg, he was lacking in pts and rbs on a weekly basis) and nothing else type of performances 

there’s a reason he cannot crack top 60 for the whole season - inbetween 2-3 good games, there’s been a **** ton of subpar games with basically one strong cat

Edited by L3onD

Dude has been an iron man this season, a dying breed of fantasy specimen. For that alone, we should get off his back.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, L3onD said:

And even those 3-4 games are in between series of bad ones, and I wouldn't call them great either. Great %, and low TO during that stretch, basicly something that every other player will have. Now that his % are back to normal, he is once again out of the top 100. 

I think it's fair to say that those 4 games were performances we expected from him on a regular basis. Now expectations are so low that people are ecstatic about them.

It's like you said he is just a FG% guy, and that is only useful in a even FG% matchup which doesn't happen every week at least for me. This year I didn't have a single close FG% win, which makes Ayton pick almost completely useless. 

Wow lot of hate, yeh if you’re expecting star big man stats fair enough but as stated it’s about expectations and roster makeup. He’s my third big behind gobert and holmes - and last 15 he’s averaged 16/10 with a block on 65/84% splits and on espn season later rater he ranks 40. Happy to take that as a low end third string big 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Wow lot of hate, yeh if you’re expecting star big man stats fair enough but as stated it’s about expectations and roster makeup. He’s my third big behind gobert and holmes - and last 15 he’s averaged 16/10 with a block on 65/84% splits and on espn season later rater he ranks 40. Happy to take that as a low end third string big 

Yeah but he was not drafted as low end third string big. Probably you got Holmes much cheaper and you can take the bad from Ayton because Holmes makes up for it. Whatever he does from now on doesn't change the fact he has had a disappointing fantasy season. Silver lining he is always available which is not common this year.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Well yeah that's why we're disappointed lol. It doesn't matter that he works as a third-string C because that's not what his ADP is. If he was drafted in the middle rounds, then fine, I'd be more than happy to take what he's providing. But this guy was drafted by the vast majority of people in the top 20 as their second round pick and he hasn't met those expectations at all.

Why can't people understand this? Our problem is not with the actual production, but the production relative to his draft position. His stats are simply not acceptable for a 2nd round pick, which again, is where his ADP was before the season. 

We used a 2nd round pick on a guy providing mid-round production. That pick could have been used to draft guys who are actually providing 2nd round value. Ya'll need to understand this lol. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, fabrar said:

Well yeah that's why we're disappointed lol. It doesn't matter that he works as a third-string C because that's not what his ADP is. If he was drafted in the middle rounds, then fine, I'd be more than happy to take what he's providing. But this guy was drafted by the vast majority of people in the top 20 as their second round pick and he hasn't met those expectations at all.

Why can't people understand this? Our problem is not with the actual production, but the production relative to his draft position. His stats are simply not acceptable for a 2nd round pick, which again, is where his ADP was before the season. 

We used a 2nd round pick on a guy providing mid-round production. That pick could have been used to draft guys who are actually providing 2nd round value. Ya'll need to understand this lol. 

his play is also not acceptable for a former n1 pick who should be leading his team alongside devin booker and chris paul and pull off elite center stats each and every night...the suns are obviously working, are good and are loaded so its reasonable tbh but i still blame the coach for making him into a marcin gortat instead of a f***in david robinson which he should obviously be and could be

gortat and robinson are just examples of levels the players are at

Edited by L3onD

lucky for me, i didn’t draft him .. i traded jarret allen for him early in the season, who i drafted late (110 overall) .... so while he’s not who he was supposed to be, i’m perfectly fine with his production. 

Goes toe-to-toe with gobert and produces a nice line... wish he can do it on a normal basis. Or can he only do it against a true center? Only 1 reb in OT though but the stats were good already.

U can say what u want but he's been playing much better as of late.

46th over last 2 months (9cat) and over last week he's 2nd round value, and my playoffs just started... sooo I'm happy 🤩 🥳

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

U can say what u want but he's been playing much better as of late.

46th over last 2 months (9cat) and over last week he's 2nd round value, and my playoffs just started... sooo I'm happy 🤩 🥳

Yeah credit where it's due, he's been much more consistent lately. Hope he can keep it up ROS 

• Like 1

Lessssgooooooooooo goddammit I said lessssssgooooooooooooo

He's been playing great really, and just when we need him the most. Keep it up big man ✌️

• Like 2

I concur - interestingly, he still has not really gelled with CP3 but has an incredible rapport with Booker.  He just seems more active and agile, which has made the difference on the offensive board.

• Like 1