NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

This dude avgd 19/10 last year, you guys really think he just forgot to play all of a sudden? It's probably taking some time for him to adjust to playing with CP3. Peep Booker's numbers - they're down from last year too. It's an adjustment period for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

6:31 to go 102-88 for PHX. Booker, Mikal, C.Jhonson, Crowder are on the court... IDK 

It's getting to my nerves !!!!!!!!

I was watching the game.  It was clear that it was over at that point, I’m pretty sure the Kings pulled their starters.  Don’t worry about that

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I was really expecting CP3 to be a bigger benefactor for this guy. So far it hasn’t been working out.

I also wanna reply to all these “But they have CP3 now!” posts

yall must not have watched Rubio on the Suns last season.  Obviously CP3 is one of the best scoring pgs of all time and Rubio is not known much for his scoring ability, but Ricky is CRIMINALLY underrated/overlooked for his playmaking ability.  He’s easily one of the best passers of this last decade imo, and he was a HUGE reason for all the success the suns had last season.

Adding CP3 is nice because it gives them another dimension, but don’t overlook what Rubio was providing them.

Edited by sld12
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sld12 said:

yall must not have watched Rubio on the Suns last season.  Obviously CP3 is one of the best scoring pgs of all time and Rubio is not known much for his scoring ability, but Ricky is CRIMINALLY underrated/overlooked for his playmaking ability.  He’s easily one of the best passers of this last decade imo, and he was a HUGE reason for all the success the suns had last season.

Adding CP3 is nice because it gives them another dimension, but don’t overlook what Rubio was providing them.

Yeah Rubio wasn’t much of a shooter anyways, but I agree.

Paul can get a bucket whenever he wants. Booker is feasting as always

Things will get better between CP3 & Ayton, won’t be this bad. 

23 hours ago, sld12 said:

I don't think people necessarily underrate/overlook his playmaking ability. History has shown he is an incredible passer (Career 8 asts/g), but unfortunately that is the only thing he is known for (with added defense).

Reason I was pretty high on CP3 taking Ayton to the next level was because any big man in a P&R with CP3 is deadiy. Chris is a threat at all 3 levels to which Rubio isn't. People have to respect Chris on the pick which opens it up for Ayton who can be a roll or pop man. People more often than not could just go under the screen and dare Rubio to shoot it, which to his credit shot 36% from 3 in his lone season with Phoenix on 3 attempts. Players just don't fear a Rubio P&R as much as a CP3 P&R.

You can also look at the previous big man Chris played with: Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan, David West. He took all of their games to the next level and got them paid.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, dwu17 said:

This guy is the biggest bust. Literally an afterthought on offense. Just sets picks and never gets the ball....I ******** hate monty Williams and cp3. Hope suns lose every game this year

Monty Williams cannot figure it out ... .Ayton is just not getting the ball in opportunities to score!  He sets a pick.. rolls the defense collapses on him.. ball swings around for a jump shot.. repeat every single time..  does Ayton have ZERO POST GAME?  Can they not dump it down to him and let him make some god damn post moves??? 

4 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

Monty Williams cannot figure it out ... .Ayton is just not getting the ball in opportunities to score!  He sets a pick.. rolls the defense collapses on him.. ball swings around for a jump shot.. repeat every single time..  does Ayton have ZERO POST GAME?  Can they not dump it down to him and let him make some god damn post moves??? 

Thats what I'm saying...its so stupid. I'm about to trade this guy for gobert 

5 minutes ago, dwu17 said:

Thats what I'm saying...its so stupid. I'm about to trade this guy for gobert 

don't panic.. golden rule with studs like this.. wait for at least 15% of the season.. trust me.. they will figure it out. .hes their #1 pick and a franchise player for them.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Heats up and immediately subbed out smh 

Thats chum Monty for you.

Poor Ayton .. half the time he’s setting picks for ghosts out there.

They barely swing the rock his way, it’s downright criminal. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, affliction said:

Nice double double but he is soft as baby **** 

CP probably curses his a** out in practice daily 

Not sure how you can say that.  He runs, hustles, rebounds, sets picks, and is an afterthought on offense.  I’m amazed he’s even motivated with all the chuckers on his team.  The only player looking to get him going was CP3.

• Like 2
Just now, Taipan said:

Not sure how you can say that.  He runs, hustles, rebounds, sets picks, and is an afterthought on offense.  I’m amazed he’s even motivated with all the chuckers on his team.  The only player looking to get him going was CP3.

I caught two Suns games so far and he doesn’t play like a big IMO. I didn’t really catch many Suns games last year so I don’t know if this is just how he is. He had like 1 designed play ran for him tonight. It’s going to be like this a lot, tonight Jae Crowder was hot. 

I want to see some 20/10/ 3 block games but the 20pts is looking like a long shot. 

33 minutes ago, affliction said:

I caught two Suns games so far and he doesn’t play like a big IMO. I didn’t really catch many Suns games last year so I don’t know if this is just how he is. He had like 1 designed play ran for him tonight. It’s going to be like this a lot, tonight Jae Crowder was hot. 

I want to see some 20/10/ 3 block games but the 20pts is looking like a long shot. 

Last year they used him a lot in the post and he was taking mid range jumpers I don’t know wtf has happened but his confidence on offense looks shot atm. Thought Ayton and Booker would feast with CP but so far hasn’t happened but it’s too early to judge. Suns picked him over Luka and Trae and he’s the franchise big they’ll get him going 

Edited by DonutGiveUp
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

Exactly what happened earlier in the game against Pels. Ball swings side to side in the perimeter while Ayton is wrestling for positioning, but ball never gets dumped. What makes it worse is Ayton likes to settle for fadeaway jumpers despite being larger and more mobile than other bigs. That cant inspire confidence

5 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

You know there's a whole season left, right?

Yea but we did an auction draft this year. Not really used to that. Long story short, I spent most of my resources on Trae/Sabonis/Bam/Ayton. Didn't have enough cash left to get my Other targets like Wood, Coby, and Levert. So if any of those core 4 guys aren't living up to their pre-draft projections, I'm screwed. And so far Ayton has been trash and Bam meh. My season is screwed if I don't get what I paid for soon. 

thats why its easier to build around guards early especialy if ur worried about volume. atleast you know sga, booker (not tonight), beal, pg, mitchell, irving will get theirs almost every night.

tough especially since ayton doesnt shoot threes. better days ahead. might throw out joval offer for ayton.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1