NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Another caveat in the early season frustration: At only 27 min a game he is 6-7 min behind where he should be. Blowouts and foul trouble.

Yea, woke up this morning to check the box score. I own Ayton and Booker - so blowouts like this suck big time for us owners

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

thats why its easier to build around guards early especialy if ur worried about volume. atleast you know sga, booker (not tonight), beal, pg, mitchell, irving will get theirs almost every night.

tough especially since ayton doesnt shoot threes. better days ahead. might throw out joval offer for ayton.

Agreed , plus guards are way more exciting to own.

Not a fan of starting with a big unless it's one of the elite studs like AD, Jokic , KAT 

But in regards to Ayton .. things can only get better. Need the chemistry to grow, for that elite P&R action with CP3. 

• Like 1

As much as this slow start sucks it's just impossible for him to struggle all season. Yeah, he probably won't make that jump to 20+ / 10+ we were hoping for this year, but he's not going to be a bust if he's healthy. He will still be extremely productive in fantasy once everyone starts to get into a rhythm. Patience, guys.

Lmao @ the guy saying he's gonna offer JoVal for Ayton. Good luck with that.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Yall really must have the GOAT teams if you call this a "slow start" and especially a "struggle" 🤣

His minutes, FG attempts, FG%, FT%, points, steals, and blocks are all down from last year. He's ranked outside the top 100 and not injured. What would you like to call it?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

His minutes, FG attempts, FG%, FT%, points, steals, and blocks are all down from last year. He's ranked outside the top 100 and not injured. What would you like to call it?

Bad coaching and CP

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

breath.. breath.. breath..   patience.. kumbaya my lord..  we will overcome.. 

Better do alottttaaa breathing tonight bc its not likely to be a good line vs Gobert unless he decides to be a good 3 pt shooter suddenly

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, cfut said:

Better do alottttaaa breathing tonight bc its not likely to be a good line vs Gobert unless he decides to be a good 3 pt shooter suddenly

how about just a mid range shot?!?

His stats are near identical to last year.

With one big caveat

Scoring output took a stupid hit.

No thanks to Chris Paul ..

Went from 18 ppg to 11 , mind boggling

Franchise cornerstone & #1 overall pick ... downright criminal if you ask me

The situation will get better, of that I have no doubt.

But his round 2 ADP ... ohh man .. wrap it up , & call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He is by far my biggest disappointment from draft night. I get that it’s early in the season but this was NOT anything I read up on or expected from this guy. I’ve watched half the Sun’s games from scheduling and he doesn’t even dog for the rebounds, just looks LAZY! 

I mean Larry Nance went for freakin cheap in the late rounds and he’s been a BEAST. I’m giving it another week before I start packing him away in a deal.

Just now, RunCMC said:

His stats are near identical to last year.

With one big caveat

Scoring output took a stupid hit.

No thanks to Chris Paul ..

Went from 18 ppg to 11 , mind boggling

Franchise cornerstone & #1 overall pick ... downright criminal if you ask me

The situation will get better, of that I have no doubt.

But his round 2 ADP ... ohh man .. wrap it up , & call it a day.

Yeah the CP3 effect, but their winning games right now compared to past seasons. He'll average more than 11ppg but I was surprised when people thought his usage would go up with CP3. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah the CP3 effect, but their winning games right now compared to past seasons. He'll average more than 11ppg but I was surprised when people thought his usage would go up with CP3. 

I was one of those folks 😛

Point God P&R action , here I am thinking lob city DeAndre Jordan days

The hoax of 2020 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I was one of those folks 😛

Point God P&R action , here I am thinking lob city DeAndre Jordan days

The hoax of 2020 

They have the same name but very different games lol. Ayton will turn it around, he is too gifted offensively. FWIW DJ never averaged more than 7 shots during Clipper career. (7.5 FGA was his highest) I was high on Phoenix forwards (Mikal/Cam Johnson) because of CP3. 

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

Only solace I have is that he was the best big on the board when I picked him.  No regrets with that pick.  Now, we can only hope Monty will make adjustments to get his big man more involved.

It's early, but this is not good lol. I took him second round in my dynasty league. The minutes aren't there nor are the scoring opportunities thus far. Paul and Crowder are for sure taking shots away from him. 

Jae Crowder taking more shots than Ayton is crazy. I feel,bad for Ayton. He’s just an afterthought on offense. Everytime he sets a pick, he just never gets the pass. I can’t imagine him being happy in this current situation. 

• Like 3

Suns are winning and I wouldn’t expect anything to change. CP and Payne don’t even bother trying to get him involved it’s only Book. This guy and Nurkic biggest falls from grace so far