NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2020-2021 Outlook

I'm tempted to send offers for a buy low on him. Just like Nurkic there is just no way he stays this bad. I think eventually he will turn it around, its just a question of when. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please God, let this game be a sign of the things to come and I promise I will never watch that weird Japanese p*rn stuff I was watching lately  🙏

This is why you never panic 2-3 weeks into the season, especially on healthy, young studs who have put up great seasons before. Especially for a 22 year old former #1 overall draft pick coming off an

Posted Images

I drafted him in an auction draft and cost me as much as Jimmy Butler ($32/$200); he looks lazy out there and the conditioning wasn't great. Please stop partying so hard and right the ship soon. I've been receiving ridiculous trade offers on him. Sigh... Very disrespectful 

• Like 1

if you are freaking out go watch some scouting and youtube videos of this kid.. he is so damn athletic at this size with a sweet fade away jumper and mid range ... its just a matter of time until he finds his rhythm..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Suns are winning and I wouldn’t expect anything to change. CP and Payne don’t even bother trying to get him involved it’s only Book. This guy and Nurkic biggest falls from grace so far 

And i own them both !!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020/12/31/22205918/deandre-ayton-phoenix-suns-chris-paul-timing

THE Timeline:

First, the 20 year old left college as a highly skilled offensive center that had a net negative impact on the defense and did not protect the edge or defend the perimeter at a reasonable level. As a rookie, Ayton set records for efficiency and rebound, but was a hub for D.. . Its top-level ceiling looked like a poor man’s Karl Anthony Towns – which in itself is a huge compliment to justify its design.

But by the second year, at the ripe old age of 21, after a 25-game ban for failing a league drug screening, Ayton’s contributions on the pitch changed dramatically. It had gone from being an offensive center that refused to play defense to a defensive center that could protect the edge and the perimeter alike. . . while inexplicably receding on offense to just being a medium range jump shooter.

And now, in the third year, the transformation seems even more extreme. Ayton is now a trusted anchor in the middle of the Sun’s senior defense, but seems even less clueless about how to score outside of layups and under-basket dunks.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 4

He needs to get back on the PED. No seriously. At least then we will get some big games out of him and maybe just maybe he’ll get away with it. Just do it dude. 

• Haha 3

Most likely going to be limited offensively all season. He is now only a pick and roll option and nothing goes through him. And Suns are changing the culture so this change is for good.

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Me too brother. Hope for the best and they can only go up from here 

It could be the case that his scoring from previous seasons were “empty stats”

That would be the negative view. The positive outlook is that this Phoenix squad is still gelling and they’ll eventually realize that in order to truly complete, they’ll have to start exploiting the massive advantage they have at center with Ayton vs 99% of the league 

I don’t have Ayton, but if I did he’d be a strong HOLD 

Edited by PUNTSQUAD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Stefan said:

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020/12/31/22205918/deandre-ayton-phoenix-suns-chris-paul-timing

THE Timeline:

First, the 20 year old left college as a highly skilled offensive center that had a net negative impact on the defense and did not protect the edge or defend the perimeter at a reasonable level. As a rookie, Ayton set records for efficiency and rebound, but was a hub for D.. . Its top-level ceiling looked like a poor man’s Karl Anthony Towns – which in itself is a huge compliment to justify its design.

But by the second year, at the ripe old age of 21, after a 25-game ban for failing a league drug screening, Ayton’s contributions on the pitch changed dramatically. It had gone from being an offensive center that refused to play defense to a defensive center that could protect the edge and the perimeter alike. . . while inexplicably receding on offense to just being a medium range jump shooter.

And now, in the third year, the transformation seems even more extreme. Ayton is now a trusted anchor in the middle of the Sun’s senior defense, but seems even less clueless about how to score outside of layups and under-basket dunks.

This makes a lot of sense.. but.. i just don't believe that a team can win by taking jump shot after jump shot.. their wings are hot right now but this will undoubtedly come to an end and they will need to start getting easy buckets again....easy buckets in the form of Ayton.

38 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

This makes a lot of sense.. but.. i just don't believe that a team can win by taking jump shot after jump shot.. their wings are hot right now but this will undoubtedly come to an end and they will need to start getting easy buckets again....easy buckets in the form of Ayton.

Yeah... we can only hope 🙏

• Like 1

Read through that article posted about ayton. Tad concerned that he said hes totally okay with not getting as much touches. Great for the suns because they are playing winning basketball. Bad news for fantasy tho. Dude is being turned into deandre jordan 

34 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

He plays 27 mins per game so far this season compared to over 32 mins last season. Anybody know why? Are they playing more small ball or something? 

Coach has a hard on for Crowder 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Stefan said:

Sigh... Same 

12 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

I'm on suicide watch... watching this guy play. Everyone here basically spent a second round pick on him lol

Xanax my friend. Lots of it

• Haha 1