NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's your classic elite scorer with less than elite counting stats who will probably get drafted above his true value due to being an offensive juggernaut who's a thrill to watch. On the other hand, h

He's being taken late 2nd and early 3rd in my mocks but that's a little rich for me. I don't like spending my first 2 picks on a guard that doesn't provide a lot of assists or steals. He's a 4th-5th r

Just signed a max extension, he celebrated by jumping into his pool. Will he make a big splash in the coming fantasy season?

Hope is minor and he has exceptional healing abilities.

Really bad timing with Holmes on IR, LaVine 10-14 days safety protocol, Mitchell and news out that Lillard has hammy issues. And out of moves this week so I can't even grab Joe Ingles. I am feeling like the way a baby treats a diaper.

This guy is a trooper and wants to play. At most I think it'll be 2 weeks, but I am an optimist and I reckon he will be back within the week. Man wants to win MVP as he has been severely undervalued and he deserves some attention to at least be in the top 5 of voting atm.

3 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

This guy is a trooper and wants to play. At most I think it'll be 2 weeks, but I am an optimist and I reckon he will be back within the week. Man wants to win MVP as he has been severely undervalued and he deserves some attention to at least be in the top 5 of voting atm.

he is v.good, but not top 5 good...

back to fantasy: Is Oneil a pickup here in deeper leagues?

21 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

best player on best team averaging 26 4 and 5, idk man thats top 5 in my opinion

Would he still be the best player on the team if Jokic, curry, lebron, harden, or embiid was on the team? just to name 5

6 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Would he still be the best player on the team if Jokic, curry, lebron, harden, or embiid was on the team? just to name 5

it all depends on if its same numbers, how many games played etc, if steph was on the best team averaging his numbers then yeah he is mvp, same with lebron, but they arent so don should get some love

It wwas like when people where arguing if steph or kd where mvp on the GSW's, They both had insane numbers on the best team.

its all subjective though, but mvp does stand for the most valuable player, so i think team wins and outting up numbers on those teams deserves recognition. I am not saying he is the best player in the league im not silly but atm he is top 5 most valuable players to his team.

8 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

it all depends on if its same numbers, how many games played etc, if steph was on the best team averaging his numbers then yeah he is mvp, same with lebron, but they arent so don should get some love

It wwas like when people where arguing if steph or kd where mvp on the GSW's, They both had insane numbers on the best team.

its all subjective though, but mvp does stand for the most valuable player, so i think team wins and outting up numbers on those teams deserves recognition. I am not saying he is the best player in the league im not silly but atm he is top 5 most valuable players to his team.

I think the jazz would/will win a lot of games without him just my opinion tho

31 minutes ago, marcor said:

Does anybody know when other players in the same injury situation came back to play? 

With playoffs nearing, Jazz will be uber careful to make sure he’s in good health and avoid rushing return. Sucks for fantasy managers but that’s what’s going to happen 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Call bullsheet, only real injury is Donovan Mitchell. Others are bogus for b2b rest. NBA needs to launch an investigation into dangers of the sport. Too many players are risking their limbs and lives 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, marcor said:

Hope to have some news about him... Just to understand if he will come back in the next two weeks or it will makes sense to drop it for the regular season

It seems he must be out just for onether week 

So, are people looking for him to take the next step again next season?  Seems like he’s always being overdrafted with reasoning being he hadn’t reached his ceiling yet.  I am really not liking his outlook for 2021-22 with Conley’s emergence as their primary ball handler.  

2 hours ago, 80version said:

So, are people looking for him to take the next step again next season?  Seems like he’s always being overdrafted with reasoning being he hadn’t reached his ceiling yet.  I am really not liking his outlook for 2021-22 with Conley’s emergence as their primary ball handler.  

I wouldn't bank on Conley hampering his production next year if he isn't able to stay healthy like now. Turning 34, plus he might not be in Utah since he'll be a UFA.