NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bam Adebayo 2020-2021 Outlook

Bam broke out as an elite talent last year with averages of 16/10/5 and 1.1/1.3 on the stocks categories. He kept it going with a monster playoffs performance and is shaping up to be the centerpiece of Miami moving forward.

Where are you targeting Bam this year? Surefire mid-teens pick? I can see him becoming a 19/10 guy with 5 dimes, 2 stocks and elite fg%. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

Bam broke out as an elite talent last year with averages of 16/10/5 and 1.1/1.3 on the stocks categories. He kept it going with a monster playoffs performance and is shaping up to be the centerpiece of Miami moving forward.

Where are you targeting Bam this year? Surefire mid-teens pick? I can see him becoming a 19/10 guy with 5 dimes, 2 stocks and elite fg%. 

He's playing for a contract right? I'd normally jump all-in on a guy who made huge strides in improving his game & hasn't made a contract yet, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dump my 2nd pick on Bam. I feel like he'll be better being picked up in the 3rd round but I don't think he makes it that long. Miami's scoring system seems to be on a committee (whoever is hot gets the rock) so I wouldn't be comfortable taking him with my 2nd round pick yet.That said, I hope he succeeds and proves me wrong coz he is just a fun player to watch if you appreciate good defense.

• Like 1

I was totally expecting him to be a mid 3rd round guy this season and surprisingly he's being taken in the top 20 everywhere. I will not draft him because i think his peak is barely in top 20. I think he will fall short of that tho, probably like 25 overall. I know, not a huge difference but enough for me to pass on him and look elsewhere.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Bam Adebayo 2020-2021 Outlook

I'm actually encouraged rather than being worried. The reason is his FT %. He looks comfortable at the line, and he has already had a good shooting motion. He'll surely do what he always do in very near future, i.e. rebounding, assisting, getting defensive stats, add a better FT to that (expecting 78-80% this season), he's in contention to be a top 15 player ROS.

• Like 1

As encouraging as his FT numbers have been one thing I do find somewhat concerning are his assists

I haven’t been able to catch a game yet but the number suggest they are using him differently

Last year he was averaging 9 potential assists a game whereas this year he’s averaging almost half of that 

Hopefully this is just a blip and not a trend

11 minutes ago, kilslo said:

As encouraging as his FT numbers have been one thing I do find somewhat concerning are his assists

I haven’t been able to catch a game yet but the number suggest they are using him differently

Last year he was averaging 9 potential assists a game whereas this year he’s averaging almost half of that 

I wonder if moving Herro to the starting lineup has affected this.

40 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Can't judge him when Jimmy is sitting. His numbers were gold when they both shared the court the man cant do it all and people freaking too early he will be excellent again

1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I wonder if moving Herro to the starting lineup has affected this.

Herro last year was at 4.5 potential assists 

7.7 this year 

Last night game w no Jimmy, Herro potential assist jumped to 11 whereas Bam stayed the same 

1 hour ago, kilslo said:

Heat fan here

The team is noticeably force-feeding Herro into a primary playmaker role that has me wondering if they aren't intending to showcase him in effort to boost his trade value

At some point Spo will have to get back to the bread and butter offensive sets featuring Bam as the point-man that got Miami to the Finals, so Bam will be fine in the long run, but short-term... I dunno how long this Herro experiment will last.  Hopefully it ends sooner rather than later, both for Bam owners in fantasy and Heat fans irl

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Heat fan here

The team is noticeably force-feeding Herro into a primary playmaker role that has me wondering if they aren't intending to showcase him in effort to boost his trade value

At some point Spo will have to get back to the bread and butter offensive sets featuring Bam as the point-man that got Miami to the Finals, so Bam will be fine in the long run, but short-term... I dunno how long this Herro experiment will last.  Hopefully it ends sooner rather than later, both for Bam owners in fantasy and Heat fans irl

Sounds like Josh Richardson 2.0 (in terms of setting up the offense)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

Anyone hear anything?

He’s out until at least Wednesday. Earliest he can play is Wednesday if cleared by then. 

Just now, squidthunder said:

I though there was a chance he could play on Saturday?

Sorry to be barer of bad news but that’s a big negative. Out until at least Wed.