NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bam Adebayo 2020-2021 Outlook

Eh, if there's no news on him, he's probably not playing.  I'd actually be excited if he came back as soon as Wednesday.  I handcuffed with Precious and it's been a rather meh experience.  :/

I hate this season ...

18 minutes ago, Rbra4176 said:

Bam is questionable Saturday. I have a feeling he'll play... If he had to stay out for covid protocols then why would they give him the questionable tag?

He apparently needs to register a negative test tomorrow and he'll be good to go. Think I read that somewhere on twitter.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Just posted that they're "questionable" for Saturday

Yeah, I saw that too.  Very happy to be proven wrong.  Fingers crossed, because I saved a move and didn't clog my IL with him just for this possibility.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

No noise lately?

11/11 FTs in the 1st quarter alone.  I'm wondering if he's been practicing his FTs, or is tonight his FT practice?  

• Haha 1

His FT has definitely improved, he’s been solid — anchoring even — in FT% all year pretty much.  

As a guy that has strong positive impact in FG%, FT%, stocks and assists (especially for his position), his BBM ranking really belies his real value.  He’s producing in all of the scarcest cats, which you could only say about a very select few players.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeez, he's out both games even AFTER the ASB?  FFS, did he hurt himself lying on the couch watching the dunk contest or something?

Edited by MWon

Q: The Bam Adebayo update is somewhat concerning, since he had all of All-Star week to rest and now has missed games after the All-Star break. In his short career, Bam is not one to miss games. -- Douglas.

A: But in his short career, Bam Adebayo has never been involved in the meat-grinder type of schedule the Heat are facing the second half of this season. So if you get a soft spot in the schedule (with all due respect to Orlando, Chicago, and possibly Cleveland on Tuesday), you take advantage. Soon there will be games against other teams in the Eastern Conference playoff race, games that effectively will count double in the standings. Those are the games when you need your best players at peak ability.

I remember reading that Bam wanted to play the game before the all star break but Spo had to tell him to chill. So as worrisome as it may appear that he has been missing these last few games I’m pretty sure they’re just giving Bam extra rest (from everything I have read)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...