NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Blake Snell 2021 Outlook

Fbaseballgod

Just now, 80version said:

I dumped him in 10T roto.  I want to say he’s the biggest bust this year, but I also know how miserable it is rosterimg the ‘21 version of Rendon, Mondesi, Bellinger and the little Seager bro who are all vying for that title.  

5 hours ago, 80version said:

You just need to qualify it. Without a doubt the biggest early round "pitching" bust of 2021. Especially now that Castillo and Maeda seemed to have turned things around. 

Fantasy Owners: Blake? 

Blake Snell: Yeah?

Fantasy Owners: Did it hurt when you fell? 

Blake Snell? What?

Fantasy Owners: You know. When you fell from heaven,...then went straight through the earth's core and landed in the deep dark depths of fantasy hell. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally dropped him. I just don;t like him anymore. I don't care what he does the rest of his career. He is dead to me. One of the 1st players I will scratch off my draft list next yr. I will even consider taking James Paxton over him. I just can't take it anymore.

4 minutes ago, mks said:

I finally dropped him. I just don;t like him anymore. I don't care what he does the rest of his career. He is dead to me. One of the 1st players I will scratch off my draft list next yr. I will even consider taking James Paxton over him. I just can't take it anymore.

I mean I get it. But next year he should actually have great value. I'm in on the idiot because he will be cheap as hell.

7 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I mean I get it. But next year he should actually have great value. I'm in on the idiot because he will be cheap as hell.

What value is there in a pitcher that can't pitch more then 4 innings a game walks a lot of guys and gets totally lit the hell up everytime he pitches? I let someone else take a chance on him But I rather have almost anyone else on my team then him.

Edited by mks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mks said:

What value is there in a pitcher that can't pitch more then 4 innings a game walks a lot of guys and gets totally lit the hell up everytime he pitches? I let someone else take a chance on him But I rather have almost anyone else on my team then him.

I think you may be needed in the Kyle Tucker Outlook Thread, mks

• Haha 1

It's hard to argue with most of the moves the Padres have made constructing the team they have, but I think the Snell/Patino trade is a deal they may regret for a decade.

LESSON: You just don't pick up the phone when the Rays call...

Edited by Wieties
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He shouldn't be owned in any size league.

Yeah basically should be cut in all but the deepest of leagues imo.  Even in a keeper, at this point you would be hard pressed to keep him unless you kept most of your roster.

18 hours ago, mks said:

LOL...Paxton...ahhh...no.

8 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I mean...that's probably the case for most Cy Young winning seasons.

That post (the one you responded to) made my brain hurt. 😂

Re: Snell - thanks, Padres. ✌️

18 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yeah, he will be cheap as hell, but if he can’t go deep into games on a regular basis, there is very little value to be had. You’re just wasting space rostering him.

12 hours ago, Wieties said:

It's hard to argue with most of the moves the Padres have made constructing the team they have, but I think the Snell/Patino trade is a deal they may regret for a decade.

LESSON: You just don't pick up the phone when the Rays call...

As a Padres fan I was not thrilled when they traded Patino, and obviously I really hate the trade now.

But lets be fair here, the Padres did fleece the Rays in the Cronenworth + Pham trade, so obviously the Rays are just as capable of making bad trades as anyone else, despite many claims on these forums stating otherwise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ixnue said:

As a Padres fan I was not thrilled when they traded Patino, and obviously I really hate the trade now.

But lets be fair here, the Padres did fleece the Rays in the Cronenworth + Pham trade, so obviously the Rays are just as capable of making bad trades as anyone else, despite many claims on these forums stating otherwise.

Or in sticking it to themselves with Kiermeier's contract.  No one is perfect, though the Rays have a pretty good track record when it comes to pitching in particular.

3 hours ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah basically should be cut in all but the deepest of leagues imo.  Even in a keeper, at this point you would be hard pressed to keep him unless you kept most of your roster.

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Yeah, he will be cheap as hell, but if he can’t go deep into games on a regular basis, there is very little value to be had. You’re just wasting space rostering him.

He has a career 3.53 ERA. As annoying as he is, if he's cheap as hell, I think there is easily a lot of value with the strike out ability he possesses. To each their own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Blake Snell in 2 home & 2 away games in August...

22ip 2.45 era 1.18whip 13.9 k/9 4.09 bb/9 

Walks are still high, but that'll play... Could be a nice option down the stretch, hopefully he can get at least a few more QS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...