NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

One year deal with Houston, presumably playing behind Woods? Playing with guards like WB and Harden (if they are there for the whole year), it'll be easy buckets down low. 

If he's anywhere close to healthy, is there a chance for a big comeback? 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

I hope he does well but I have a ACL knee injury myself and I never felt the same. Even after I got my body fat to 13%.

A guy at his weight, carrying so many injuries, such significant ones, and playing at NBA level (for long stretches if you want to be fantasy relevant)... I know guys on this forum like to think about what if's. In a system that runs fast like Houston (unless they change it). I mean he can survive if he just let's Harden do the dirty work?

I will just root for him but someone else will draft him. Only draft in deep leagues... to use as trade bait for other managers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I hope he does well but I have a ACL knee injury myself and I never felt the same. Even after I got my body fat to 13%.

A guy at his weight, carrying so many injuries, such significant ones, and playing at NBA level (for long stretches if you want to be fantasy relevant)... I know guys on this forum like to think about what if's. In a system that runs fast like Houston (unless they change it). I mean he can survive if he just let's Harden do the dirty work?

I will just root for him but someone else will draft him. Only draft in deep leagues... to use as trade bait for other managers.

Yeah, same I tore my ACL as well.. don't feel quite the same again .. but when you think about Cousins on top of that a ruptured achilles and quadricep injury.. I just can't see him performing at a high level again. I think he can just play some spot minutes here and there. We just need to hope that he doesn't go through another major setback in his career.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Cousins 20 minutes max.

Back in June there was talk of him being ready to play. So it's pretty safe to assume he's completely recovered and has something to prove on a 1 year deal. So I wouldn't rule out a bigger role.

Of course, minutes restrictions, not being the same player after multiple injuries and the potential for a fragile player to get injured again are real concerns.

He was an absolute beast a few years ago in Sacramento. 

If HardOn gets traded I would love to see Wall and Cousins reignite their Kentucky Wildcat Days and it would be fun to watch

I hope HardOn gets traded. Houston would be fun to watch without him

Cant stand ball hogs. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Damn he's looking good. Wall too. So much for drafting cousins in the last couple of rounds lol 

Lol, I mean Wood didnt play and it is the preseason so i wouldn't go overboard off 1 game. It's great to see him to look this good tho after a couple years off.

52 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I mean if the preseason performance means so much to drafting Cousins... The it's time to draft Harry Giles and Talen Horton Tucker.

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

• Like 9
7 hours ago, fabrar said:

So with that logic I should also draft John Wall around end of round 2/ beginning of round 3 then correct?

Also looking at Cousins, he only finished Top 10 in one season (10th) but I will admit he was top in 4 other seasons (13th,14th, 20th and I’ll include the one season he finished 21st).

12 hours ago, fabrar said:

Damn he's looking good. Wall too. So much for drafting cousins in the last couple of rounds lol 

52 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So with that logic I should also draft John Wall around end of round 2/ beginning of round 3 then correct?

ju1Rw1B1Kb-ApBanop_r31TwS019Ay7XcP-lTZcs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, fabrar said:

Well if you bring up history then we are also looking at how this former top 10 fantasy player last got shelved for a year from an injury during mere practice.

Let's just be clear, where do you want to draft Cousins this year? Based on what you saw from one preseason game with no Harden or Wood.

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Also looking at Cousins, he only finished Top 10 in one season (10th) but I will admit he was top in 4 other seasons (13th,14th, 20th and I’ll include the one season he finished 21st).

Can you kindly point out where I said either of them need to be drafted in rounds 2 or 3? I literally only said that he looks good playing, to which the next guy started talking about Harry Giles and talen Horton tucker...for some reason. At no point did I even mention what rounds these guys should be drafted in. All I said was that given these performances, they may not be available in the last rounds and implied that given how good cousins was before, a lot of people may be bumping him up on their draft queues 

Yall need to brush up on your reading comprehension 

• tonycpsu changed the title to DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook