NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

I'm not selling where I have him. I know there's risk involved, but most of us probably drafted him in the late rounds anyway so that risk is mitigated. If he starts to get 20+ minutes, and gets anywhere near 25 mpg, he's going to be a late round steal. His per-minute numbers are juicy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

Rockets head coach Stephen Silas wants to make sure DeMarcus Cousins gets more minutes when Christian Wood returns.

Advice: "I think the fact that he’s had some success over these last three games will help him moving forward in making sure he has enough time on the floor to play well and making sure that we’re doing things so he can play to his strengths," Silas said. Cousins is playing some of his best basketball in recent memory, collecting consecutive double-doubles as a starter with Wood sidelined. When Wood returns, Cousins will move back to the bench, but Silas is cognizant that he needs to give Boogie more minutes for his team to be successful. 

On 1/27/2021 at 7:13 PM, thrilla1nManila said:

Rockets head coach Stephen Silas wants to make sure DeMarcus Cousins gets more minutes when Christian Wood returns.

Advice: "I think the fact that he’s had some success over these last three games will help him moving forward in making sure he has enough time on the floor to play well and making sure that we’re doing things so he can play to his strengths," Silas said. Cousins is playing some of his best basketball in recent memory, collecting consecutive double-doubles as a starter with Wood sidelined. When Wood returns, Cousins will move back to the bench, but Silas is cognizant that he needs to give Boogie more minutes for his team to be successful. 

6 mins in the 1st half... SMH

14 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Cause this isn’t 2002 anymore. Small ball or no ball!!

Hawks has Collins-Capella

Indiana has Turner-Sabonis

New York Has Randle-Mitchrob

LAL has Marc and AD

Memphis will run Val and JJJ

Milwauke Brolo and Greek

Sac Bagley and Holmes

does'nt look small ball to me. it's cause its against portland. when Kanter sits they don't need a big. Different story if Nurkic wasn't hurt

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Hawks has Collins-Capella

Indiana has Turner-Sabonis

New York Has Randle-Mitchrob

LAL has Marc and AD

Memphis will run Val and JJJ

Milwauke Brolo and Greek

Sac Bagley and Holmes

doesn't look small ball to me. it's cause its against portland. when Kanter sits they don't need a big. Different story if Nurkic wasn't hurt

Good debate:

Collins has been underwhelming all season (look at Collins thread)

Sabonis is a ball handler (5.8) APG and can shoot 37% from 3.

Gasol only plays 19 min per game and is another ball handler /run the offense.

Greek is a Point Forward (lol c'mon)

Randle is a ball handler (6.0) APG and can shoot 35% from 3

Bagley has been trash all season.

Cousins is not a ball handler (2.0) APG is shooting 34% from the field and 31% from 3. No comparison.

2 minutes ago, JJRedtube said:

Yeah, of course. But Houston small ball is super lame. Pelicans cuz/ad twin towers was fun. 

Depends:

Covington and PJ Tucker had much success last season. They lost Covington (has been trash this season) and got Christian Wood (who has been great this season) so what's the problem?

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Good debate:

Collins has been underwhelming all season (look at Collins thread)

Sabonis is a ball handler (5.8) APG and can shoot 37% from 3.

Gasol only plays 19 min per game and is another ball handler /run the offense.

Greek is a Point Forward (lol c'mon)

Randle is a ball handler (6.0) APG and can shoot 35% from 3

Bagley has been trash all season.

Cousins is not a ball handler (2.0) APG is shooting 34% from the field and 31% from 3. No comparison.

regardless still proved that small ball isnt dead. and no marc is no ball handler. LOL

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Depends:

Covington and PJ Tucker had much success last season. They lost Covington (has been trash this season) and got Christian Wood (who has been great this season) so what's the problem?

no problem! Clearly just a personal preference which is fantasy biased. 

But as for success last year -
Record 19/20 season after feb 5 (Capela trade): 12-10

Then playoffs (5-7)

I suppose they weren’t bad, but they did have harden!! 

18 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

However, Marc can see the floor better than Cousins. #Facts

I don't know what this proves but Marc, Career 3.4 apg. Career best 4.7 . Boogie, Career 3.2 apg, Career best 5.4. apg.

Will hold for another week. They are playing the Pelicans and OKC 2x. We'll see then if he's meant for standard leagues. not dropping in 14 reamers or higher.

14 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I don't know what this proves but Marc, Career 3.4 apg. Career best 4.7 . Boogie, Career 3.2 apg, Career best 5.4. apg.

Will hold for another week. They are playing the Pelicans and OKC 2x. We'll see then if he's meant for standard leagues. not dropping in 14 reamers or higher.

Same here... Wishful thinking but they could have been resting Cousins because he's played 30+ minutes for the last 3 games, two of which were a back to back... (or it could be because he had the worst +/- on the floor lol - 15)

Edited by stevenzhang