NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

also if anyone doubts his ability to be in small ball read this. he changed his game up. only reason i can think of while hell get benched is cause they wont have the foot speed to keep up on D. Cousins has the skill set to be in any line up big or small.

https://hoopshype.com/2021/01/27/houston-rockets-demarcus-cousins-boogie-analysis-injury-recovery/

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

So what are you owners doing at this point? I ate my words from an earlier post thinking Silas would play Cousins far more minutes after that quote about getting him more playing time when, in fact, he's receiving LESS.  I'm still hard-pressed to want to drop him knowing the upside, but 11 minutes per game will get old really fast.  All that said, I don't think I'll drop him anytime soon, which may be foolish.

8 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

So what are you owners doing at this point? I ate my words from an earlier post thinking Silas would play Cousins far more minutes after that quote about getting him more playing time when, in fact, he's receiving LESS.  I'm still hard-pressed to want to drop him knowing the upside, but 11 minutes per game will get old really fast.  All that said, I don't think I'll drop him anytime soon, which may be foolish.

If you play roto,you can hold  and bench him,but in H2H it's hard to hold a player just play 15 mins

Edited by kane

For me he is done. I'm not exactly struggling, but i cannot risk a playoff spot waiting for a Wood injury because this is the only way Cousins becomes valuable again. I had some high hopes that they would play them together...

• Like 1

It's getting a lot harder to hold on to him...I got him in a couple of 12 teamers and I'm thinking he's only a CWood handcuff at this point. If I need a streaming spot he'll be the next person to go for me this week. 

8 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

so what are we doing with this guy? hard justifying holding him if hes going to continue getting like 11 minutes when wood is healthy

Man i only have 2 INJ spot which is currently held by nurkic and JJJ... i know have deandre hunter, so i had to drop cousins and pick up cody zeller. I couldn't afford to keep him.

3 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Man i only have 2 INJ spot which is currently held by nurkic and JJJ... i know have deandre hunter, so i had to drop cousins and pick up cody zeller. I couldn't afford to keep him.

i have no ir spot. I guess after tonight i will find someone to replace this guy.

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

regardless he played that same mins he always plays blow out or win.

He's played almost 20 minutes and with wood he usually gets below 15 minutes and drops 4/3 duds, theres nothing to see here

1 minute ago, raggi01 said:

He's played almost 20 minutes and with wood he usually gets below 15 minutes and drops 4/3 duds, theres nothing to see here

check game logs. he played 18 mins vs LAL and SAS with woods playing. he got the numbers we are talking about in in less time.

5 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

ok. then get off the thread. go talk about players you have.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

ok. then get off the thread. go talk about players you have.

Didn't know you were the gatekeeper to these threads. I'm allowed to come into any thread and talk as I please. Bold of you to assume what players I have without knowing my team, I do have cousins and I'm not getting excited over a blowout game vs the thunder where Wood hasnt played since the 3rd. Last 2 games with Wood playing, he got 11 and 14 minutes. He got 18 minutes in the Lakers game, which was a blowout. 

Just now, raggi01 said:

Didn't know you were the gatekeeper to these threads. I'm allowed to come into any thread and talk as I please. Bold of you to assume what players I have without knowing my team, I do have cousins and I'm not getting excited over a blowout game vs the thunder where Wood hasnt played since the 3rd. Last 2 games with Wood playing, he got 11 and 14 minutes. He got 18 minutes in the Lakers game, which was a blowout. 

LOL

dude drop em. According to you "nothing to see here" so if you are negative about cousins then drop em and move on.

11 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

LOL

dude drop em. According to you "nothing to see here" so if you are negative about cousins then drop em and move on.

Come on guys.  If we can't get along in fantasy, then how are we to get along in real life? 

"I'm big when it comes to respect. But it's a two-way street, in my eyes."

- Demarcus Cousins

• Like 1

damn i'm not even complaining... zeller will be a great replacement. I didn't see the score.. and was almost shocked at his stats.. either way i'll continue monitoring him closely as trades for PJ have been circulating.