Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

There's also the idea that the Lakers take Cousins so that the other teams don't get him. I mean the Harrell move was kinda in that logic as it left LAC scrambling for a backup (Ibaka, who actually was considering staying in Toronto)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

There's also the idea that the Lakers take Cousins so that the other teams don't get him. I mean the Harrell move was kinda in that logic as it left LAC scrambling for a backup (Ibaka, who actually was considering staying in Toronto)

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-los-angeles-not-actually-interested-in-demarcus-cousins-reunion/

https://clutchpoints.com/5-buyout-candidates-lakers-replace-anthony-davis/

Lakers have 2 roster spots. They don't really need Cousins, I rather see them try to get more shooters and playmakers (George Hill, Ellington, Reddick (?) wants to play for Brooklyn closer to home, Ariza would be a feel-good homecoming story but seems unlikely).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

I think the days of Boogie being a featured player OR playing a significant amount of time is over. Sad, because he never got the bag. He'll be serviceable, but the days of being that dude are gone. He's been released two times within a year, that was unheard of two years ago,

Yeah, I think this is kind of the reality that may be being overlooked a bit.  In my eyes his odds at getting more than 20 minutes a night seem pretty unlikely regardless of where he ends up.  I watched enough Houston games and his ability to play defense, to run, to jump, to keep up with the speed of the modern NBA, is pretty bad at this point.  He's still a crafty mo fo, and like you said that will still make him serviceable.  But for whom?  I'm in a 12-team league and I feel less and less compelled to deem him a good end of the bench player as I did earlier in the season.  It may be time to move on.  But I still don't have the heart to drop him for just some streamer like Zubac or Dort lol.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL imagine the Lakers getting him, swapping him in and out with Gasol.  That's the slowest center tandem ever, and moreso in the modern NBA.  Can't imagine him landing in a better situation that Houston, or I'm sure Houston would have just traded him.  Teams are really catching on with actually figuring out which players are a net negative. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I'm curious where he'll end up, I'm moving on before other free agents get snagged off the waiver wire... I'll miss the 3ptm/reb combination from the center position, but need more ROS upside at this stage of the season.

 

 I've got poeltl, mcdaniels, Michael bridges to scoop for big man stats this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the beginning people were talking him up and saying "former top 10 fantasy player" and now here we are with him waived. 

You can try to take a chance and pick him up to see where Cousins goes. However, if the NBA has changed, he will probably only a desperate team in need of a backup. Sell high on name value and good games. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Well in the beginning people were talking him up and saying "former top 10 fantasy player" and now here we are with him waived. 

You can try to take a chance and pick him up to see where Cousins goes. However, if the NBA has changed, he will probably only a desperate team in need of a backup. Sell high on name value and good games. 

I think it's too late to sell high if you still kept him after he got waived. It's pretty sad he went from maybe the best versatile center in the league to the waiver wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Cousins and Paul despise each other no chance 

Ah I almost forgot about that beef, lmao. He and CP3 would work amazingly on paper anyway. Maybe they can put it aside for a potential ring, no?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m1dday said:

Ah I almost forgot about that beef, lmao. He and CP3 would work amazingly on paper anyway. Maybe they can put it aside for a potential ring, no?

 

I don't think he'll get picked up anytime soon, unless a big injury to a frontcourt. Nets also need some frontcourt depth but Cousins and Harden lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Ah I almost forgot about that beef, lmao. He and CP3 would work amazingly on paper anyway. Maybe they can put it aside for a potential ring, no?

 

Hahah two stubborn hot heads cant see them ever putting their hate aside

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Are you all still holding or have we parted ways with the Boogie man? 

Still holding bc I’m playing the last place team this week so it’s an easy win. We will see next week... would like to at least see some rumors from actual insiders. The rumors I’ve seen about Celtics, Raptors, Heat, and Nets have all just been speculation by fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Are you all still holding or have we parted ways with the Boogie man? 

Welp still 92% owned so....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Still holding bc I’m playing the last place team this week so it’s an easy win. We will see next week... would like to at least see some rumors from actual insiders. The rumors I’ve seen about Celtics, Raptors, Heat, and Nets have all just been speculation by fans. 

I'm on the other end of that.  In a crazy tight matchup as Cousins sits there.  The temptation to drop exponentiates as the week progresses, but then I get that occasional "what if he goes to an ideal situation?" thought, and end up wimping out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

92%??  Is that ESPN?  He's down to 49% in Yahoo.

Oh crumb that’s right.  Actually it’s Fantrax.  I forgot Yahoo % owned is usually 30% less then Fantrax.  Not as many Taco leagues I guess. In this case 43% yikes. People are snoozing over there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm on the other end of that.  In a crazy tight matchup as Cousins sits there.  The temptation to drop exponentiates as the week progresses, but then I get that occasional "what if he goes to an ideal situation?" thought, and end up wimping out.

Weigh the risk vs reward. I’m in a comfortable spot for the playoffs so even if I lose, it’s NBD. But if I was battling for a spot then I would cut him if I had to. 
 

Realistically, what’s the ideal spot for Boogie and what he gonna do there? All the teams trying to avoid the playoffs (wolves, thunder, pistons, Cavs, magic, Rockets) have good starting centers and/or young guys they want to develop. Then you look up and down the standings looking for any team might actually need him and you see the Nets, hornets, Celtics, Heat, Wizards, Lakers, Warriors, and Mavs. He doesn’t fit the nets and warriors and Lakers said they don’t want him. Celtics and Heat would be bad for his usage so You’re left with Wizards Hornets and Mavs. 
 

From a fantasy perspective, I’d rank those options as Wizards > Hornets > Mavs, although Mavs would move to the top of the list if they traded KP and got a rim protector or had one of the roster. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing... but quite interested actually, just to gauge how the NBA seems players like this as vs undersized bigs like Oneykanwu or however you spell it. BKN looks like they are trying out Claxton right now.

To be clear, I think ATL really reached for that new type of defensive big. I think it's too extreme.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...