NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

DLove

Teams are just waiting for the dominos to start falling. Once that happens he’ll be snatched up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, Bugs bunny said:

Teams are just waiting for the dominos to start falling. Once that happens he’ll be snatched up. 

With Griffin signing in BKN and the Lakers rumored to prefer Drummond does it still make sense to hold on to cousins? I mean, isn't Drummond's buyout going to more than likely occur after the trade deadline (assuming he doesn't get traded). Hard to believe Cousins would sign with the lakers before then, and or another team in order to leave the door open for the Lakers. And even if Drummond does get traded to another team other than the lakers, then Cousins would still have competition with the likes of Whiteside and any other targets that the lakers might try to trade for or sign from the buyout market. And with all this, even if he did sign with the lakers in that timeline, Anthony Davis will be returning from injury and Cousins will have to share time with Gasol, Davis, Kuzma, Lebron, Markief, and Montrez down low. All that time sharing and in a far more restrictive setting than Houston.

If this is best option is it really worth it? Is Washington, Charlotte, Miami, or Boston really any better?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Celtics showing interest post Drummond choosing Lakers.  If he were to sign in beantown is there a path to 25 minutes?

Nope. Time Lord, Kornet and TT already in the rotation. I can't see boogie playing more than 10-15 minutes

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

Boogie to MIAMI is so obvious

46 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

If he's willing to just be a energy guy that comes off the bench to grab rebounds and provide toughness for 15-18 minutes a night, then it won't be any pushback.

That's not gonna cut it in fantasy tho. And IRL highly unlikely. But some players can change. Remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Demarcus Cousins goes to a nearby high school, fouls on every offensive possession...looks good...

I've had him on my team off and on this year. Bought the lottery ticket again but I'm not expecting too much and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, BossRoss said:

Demarcus Cousins goes to a nearby high school, fouls on every offensive possession...looks good...

I've had him on my team off and on this year. Bought the lottery ticket again but I'm not expecting too much and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I would have added him already if I could stash him on IL so for now I’ll leave him on the wire. But man... I had him earlier in the season also and I wish I had taken some of the offers I was getting when Christian Wood first got injured. I knew I should’ve accepted but I wanted to hold onto him to troll the guy who dropped him. I’m talking about guys like Tobias Harris. Oh well, I had more fun taunting that guy for those 2 weeks lol. 

The fact that he is still unsigned shows he wasn't even these teams back plan for a big if they didn't get Drummond, BG, LMA, Dieng, etc.  He can post all of the workout videos he wants, but the sad truth is everyone knows what he is now because of the injuries.  Sure he can give a good game or two, but his fantasy relevance is over because no team is going to give him the minutes.  I feel bad for him, but his career as an impactful player is over.

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

The fact that he is still unsigned shows he wasn't even these teams back plan for a big if they didn't get Drummond, BG, LMA, Dieng, etc.  He can post all of the workout videos he wants, but the sad truth is everyone knows what he is now because of the injuries.  Sure he can give a good game or two, but his fantasy relevance is over because no team is going to give him the minutes.  I feel bad for him, but his career as an impactful player is over.

Sucks for him considering pre injury he was clearly going to make over $200 mil on a max 5 year contract and now for possibly the rest of his career he has to settle for veterans minimum 1 year deals. He already made millions so I don’t feel bad for him but it does suck to be him losing all of that money.

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

There gotta be something else, maybe unrealistic usage expectations... he’s better than guys like Robin Lopez and Whiteside and he’s not asking for more than the minimum or close to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

There gotta be something else, maybe unrealistic usage expectations... he’s better than guys like Robin Lopez and Whiteside and he’s not asking for more than the minimum or close to it. 

Yeah maybe the perception teams have (true or not true) is he isn't really going to accept being a role player at this stage of his career.  I personally think he has matured and would be willing to accept being a role player so if I was one of these teams in need of a big, I would give him a chance.

He is low risk for a team that needs a big.  Golden State and Boston would be best fit IMO.  He is still better than Looney and Paschall in GS and better than Kornet and Wagner in Boston.  There is going to be a team that can use him for 20 minutes.

spacer.png

Had my finger hovering the add button since the trade deadline but this is a hard pass. This is terrible for his fantasy outlook although good for him IRL... If he sticks around, he will get a chance to bang against some elite centers in the playoffs and he could play himself into nice a contract for next season.

34 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Just 3 years ago this guy was an all-star in the prime of his career, and he is now having to sign a 10-day contract.  And he is only 30.  Injuries suck!

Yup his sad story is catching up brandon Roy or penny hardaway