NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Call me crazy but I cant fathom how he would serve as a back up to guys like Ibaka and Zubac. Is he not 10x better than both of them or what?

Both those guys offer some rim protection and defense. DMC's lateral quickness has gone way down over the years.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Call me crazy but I cant fathom how he would serve as a back up to guys like Ibaka and Zubac. Is he not 10x better than both of them or what?

LOL what? You're trolling right? Have you watched Cousins play lately? 

Starting lineup/ Or 4th qtr lineup should be: 

Rondo, PG, Kawhi, Ibaka, Cousins

most likely will be 4th qtr lineup though if even that. imo he's still got some gas left in the tank and he's playing with super efficient wings and just smarter superstars in general as opposed to his short rockets stint. 

Ibaka should definitely play his actual position at the 4 so him and boogie can space out in case they play a fully healthy lakers team. cause if you start Ibaka at the 5 against Drummond and AD he will get utterly murdered down there. imagine you finally get a stop on AD then drummond just gets an easy putback layup/dunk.

8 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Yup his sad story is catching up brandon Roy or penny hardaway 

Yup, Amare, Larry Johnson, Brad Daugherty are a few others that come to mind.  And unfortunately, Klay could be the next on this list.  He is my favorite player so I really hope that is not the case when he comes back.

56 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yeah maybe 5 years ago he was. Now he serves as a decent backup like Andrew Bogut.

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Trolling? In my points league when given the minutes he puts up more points than both of them. 

Are you talking about fantasy or real life? He sucks in real life now and is considerably worse than Zubac and Ibaka. On a contending team like the Clippers, he's a third string C who will get 10 minutes a night. Which means no meaningful fantasy production, which means he's worse than Zubac and Ibaka both IRL and fantasy.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yup, Amare, Larry Johnson, Brad Daugherty are a few others that come to mind.  And unfortunately, Klay could be the next on this list.  He is my favorite player so I really hope that is not the case when he comes back.

At least Klay won champs and Rose got season mvp. Brandon Roy definitely underachieved. :( 

Call me crazy, but I think he is worth a gamble. 7/4/2 in 7 minutes. If he can carve himself out a 20 minute / night role he is definitely 12 team worthy. Give him some time to figure out the playbook if you're not in playoffs 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, fabrar said:

LOL what? You're trolling right? Have you watched Cousins play lately? 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:58 PM, fabrar said:

Are you talking about fantasy or real life? He sucks in real life now and is considerably worse than Zubac and Ibaka. On a contending team like the Clippers, he's a third string C who will get 10 minutes a night. Which means no meaningful fantasy production, which means he's worse than Zubac and Ibaka both IRL and fantasy.

Did anyone even watch the game last night? He actually looked SOLID! Even when he got mins with the Rockets he produced especially in Fantasy... Ibaka is sidelined honestly week-to-week at this point. So Cousins is at least 2nd string and he's got a huge vote of confidence from PG13 and Lue after the game. If you can afford it, he's not a bad stash at all!