NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

The problem is he is not getting 20 minutes unless the team is bad enough to regularly be in garbage time. Wood is around 33 so that only leaves 15 for Boogie unless the coach changes his mind and runs them both together. Personally I can't see it happening. Wood can barely defend 5s let alone 4s, and you absolutely cannot put Boogie on 4s in 2021. So most likely PJ keeps soaking up most of the PF minutes and whoever is backing him up there gets the rest.

15 mins is not enough for anyone to consistently offer serviceable lines, not even AD let alone Boogie.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

Apparently the Nets are interested in PJ as well. If he leaves with Harden that could open up some room for Boogie to make an impact.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1349438067296366592

Cousins value does get a boost from the Harden trade. As does every other Rocket on the team. Remember guys he's still being eased into things as he should be. The first 2 games he was playing close to 10 mins as they were easing him in. He's had 2 games where's he's been ejected. The games He's missed was due to Covid. Realitically this guy has only had 4 real games where hes played around 18 mins and he hasn't been too shabby at all. We know he can stuff the stat sheet and his usage should only increase now. Also I'm pretty sure he'll eventually be eased in 25 mins per game which should bolster him into a top 75 floor. The upside is there as is the risk of reinjury but this is the year of redemption for all the players coming back from serious injuries lol. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

That’s an opportunity he cannot afford to waste at this point in his career

He tried betting on himself instead of take that extension with New Orleans... If i were him i definitely show case my talents to get decent chunk than a minimum cause at the rate he's playing now he looks like he's worth that

2 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

He tried betting on himself instead of take that extension with New Orleans... If i were him i definitely show case my talents to get decent chunk than a minimum cause at the rate he's playing now he looks like he's worth that

If the season were to end today, I doubt he would get another contract. 

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

If the season were to end today, I doubt he would get another contract. 

Depends. I don’t know whose worse. Him or Whiteside. With Whiteside he got a Vet minimum, but he can’t shoot but he blocks well, and can get rebounds but makes other silly mistakes on the court.

With Cousins, he just looks out of shape, doesn’t look fully recovered from the injury, and takes bad shots and is usually out of rotation on defense from what I’ve seen on Houston. 

I would show case him and see if someone bites on a late 2nd rounder. Theyre rebuilding, so hopefully gm does the smart thing and sell pieces. OKC would probably be able to finesse and fetch a 1st  🤦🏻‍♂️😂

5 minutes ago, Kraptocracy said:

The refs have neutered him. It may not have been a clean cut, but it was done.

If you’re being serious, I think he’s being tentative because he doesn’t want to get another injury. I think he’s giving like a 60% effort in terms of explosiveness. Either that or he’s completely lost it. 

4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

If you’re being serious, I think he’s being tentative because he doesn’t want to get another injury. I think he’s giving like a 60% effort in terms of explosiveness. Either that or he’s completely lost it. 

Haha nah, I'm just being facetious. He looked good when he played Indiana on the 6th. That same game he got pulled and didn't end the 4th quarter (may it be limited minutes or whatever). Honestly, I think its some being conservative with his effort, some precaution and frustration of his role. He don't look happy in the 4th quarter sitting on the Rockets bench. 

Edited by Kraptocracy
grammar