NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

well were kinda hoping they start together. Woods was always a 4. and who is in the right mind would bench someone who can get 27-15?!?

Yeah it was a great fill in stat line for daily fantasy, but it was without Dipo and Wood. Those two alone have like a 65% usage rate. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

well were kinda hoping they start together. Woods was always a 4. and who is in the right mind would bench someone who can get 27-15?!?

Well think it's kind of a chicken and egg situation here. He got those stats without Wood and more minutes. So if Wood comes back and therefore his minutes get reduced, he won't be getting 27-15.

I think he goes back to his bench role @ 15-20 minutes. Although as an owner I sure do hope he gets an increase.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

My thinking is if hes back to play 15-20 mins with wood back and hes trash easy drop. This line is just toooooooo sexy to not pick him up

Also the best lineup seems to be when Wood is not on the court and it’s: Gordon/Oladipo/Tate/Tucker/Cousins. That is post trade. So with everybody healthy we will see what Silas does.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Is he a must-add? Just hypothetically, which would be a better long-term pickup, Vanderbilt or Boogie?

Boogie has the better fantasy profile imo. Hits threes, makes free throws, and passes the ball for assists. Vando turns the ball over less and has a higher FG%. And is starting.

As a punt FG/TO guy who owns both Boogie is the keep but neither guy seems all that great unless they start getting more consistent minutes. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Kraptocracy said:

Well think it's kind of a chicken and egg situation here. He got those stats without Wood and more minutes. So if Wood comes back and therefore his minutes get reduced, he won't be getting 27-15.

I think he goes back to his bench role @ 15-20 minutes. Although as an owner I sure do hope he gets an increase.

that's why I said were hoping  woods plays the four. not a chicken and egg question at all as I'm rejecting the idea that the brought boogie just to be a back up?...that's why I've stated I hope they get a Davis-Cousins like dynamic. Boogie avg 25-12 next to AD. Not that I expect him to get these number nightly but Cousins should play better as the season goes on. Also there are rumors of shipping of tucker. another thing they have going for them is they have a legit facilitator in wall similar to what AD and Cousins had with Rondo.

33 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

that's why I said were hoping  woods plays the four. not a chicken and egg question at all as I'm rejecting the idea that the brought boogie just to be a back up?...that's why I've stated I hope they get a Davis-Cousins like dynamic. Boogie avg 25-12 next to AD. Not that I expect him to get these number nightly but Cousins should play better as the season goes on. Also there are rumors of shipping of tucker. another thing they have going for them is they have a legit facilitator in wall similar to what AD and Cousins had with Rondo.

I think once they ship tucker our we should be comfortable knowing he should carve more than 15 minute a game.. damn i took a flier for the b2b stream and it paid off wow what a beast 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I guess that's where our opinions differ. I don't think they'll be starting Boogie ever if Wood is healthy, even if they ship Tucker. His minutes may improve to 20-25 per game, but he isn't getting the whole slice (in my opinion of course).

He's there to play as the big for the second unit. They legit had no one today when he stepped on the bench and the Rockets were forced into a small ball game. Not ideal especially with Harden gone.

Just some contrarian thoughts. But obviously I own Boogie, so I hope what you say comes true.

Edited by Kraptocracy

Not going to bother checking the actual stats but I believe Wood and Boogie have played less than 20 mins on the floor together and that was mostly due to their first game where they barely had enough players to field

Edited by taenggg
4 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Not going to bother checking the actual stats but I believe Wood and Boogie have played less than 20 mins on the floor together and that was mostly due to their first game where they barely had enough players to field

the question..why is everyone refusing to believe the idea they can play together? they just traded away their franchise player, they barely got bodies back cause of covid protocols. why is no one giving them a chance that they would play their best line up? they are just figuring out their identity now.

perhaps a rockets fan can give us insights.

4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

the question..why is everyone refusing to believe the idea they can play together? they just traded away their franchise player, they barely got bodies back cause of covid protocols. why is no one giving them a chance that they would play their best line up? they are just figuring out their identity now.

Someone here said bc Wood is not quick enough to guard 4s and Boogie has no chance at it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Someone here said bc Wood is not quick enough to guard 4s and Boogie has no chance at it. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/woodch01.html

says here he played pf his whole life. 62 games last year as pf in detroit. he's 215 lbs just as much as guard..and he's not quick enough?

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Because in basketball or in any sport, they have to survive longer than the minutes their starters can play.

Edited by Kraptocracy
grammar

Taking a flier. Had Shake then dropped for McDermott for the stream, then dropping McDermott for Boogie and stashing. Let's see where this goes. Maybe they play him together with Wood like others have mentioned the same way he was played with AD. Should be a fun ride if he can tease with these numbers!

Just a reminder both Dipo and Wood were not playing in this game. I want OG Cousins back as badly as all of you, loved his game since his SAC days. Unless Wood and Dipo are out for an extended time, I can't see him playing over 20 min/game. Hopefully some of yall are right though and they can play Wood/Cousins together for some stretches of the game. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Just a reminder both Dipo and Wood were not playing in this game. I want OG Cousins back as badly as all of you, loved his game since his SAC days. Unless Wood and Dipo are out for an extended time, I can't see him playing over 20 min/game. Hopefully some of yall are right though and they can play Wood/Cousins together for some stretches of the game. 

Even if you say is true it's a small risk. He was dropped in a lot of leagues.  You are giving up your worse guy on your bench. Guys like Ross were dropped for him. And if you held this long in 14 teams and up you are getting rewarded 

5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

spacer.png

we only want hype trains around here

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Like I said earlier, he played back to back 30 min games which means HOPEFULLY it means they play him more minutes especially with Woods on the floor. Its a flyer for a reason, if hes back to being the 15-20 min guy umm ok easy drop. We all dropped our worst players on our team for a chance.

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Like I said earlier, he played back to back 30 min games which means HOPEFULLY it means they play him more minutes especially with Woods on the floor. Its a flyer for a reason, if hes back to being the 15-20 min guy umm ok easy drop. We all dropped our worst players on our team for a chance.

I don't consider Cousins an easy drop even if he only averaged 15-20 min a game. His upside is simply too great and I love having him at the end of my bench until further notice, through thick and thin. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I don't consider Cousins an easy drop even if he only averaged 15-20 min a game. His upside is simply too great and I love having him at the end of my bench until further notice, through thick and thin. 

I mean looking at his past fantasy rankings....my god. After his last game, its still there it seems. I feel you man. If Houston plays him more minutes and dare I say they liked what they saw and want to experiment the Pelicans twin tower system we got a diamond encrusted gold bar pickup.

• Like 1