Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarcus Cousins 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Any one know how long Wood is out for? Really hope they trade Tucker or scale back his minutes and give more to Boogie he has earned them

Tucker is getting up there in age, he really shouldn’t be playing 35 minutes per game. He ought to have more of a bench role, where he leads the second unit or is in for the small ball sets. Let Boogie and Wood bang. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's just that bit you missed where Cousins has a long history of being a top 10 fantasy player. How about Giles and Tucker?

We have been expecting someone of your caliber to arrive for a long time. We need that "bodies" guys. Welcome. 

2/16

Posted Images

Like you guys have noted.. its potential is there for owners to drop at this point. Coaches must be thrilled that he was able to show case himself those last two games. Whether the usage is there with dipo wall and wood.. its hard not to justify that he can't give you decent states 20+ minutes besides dealing with his stupid a** antics. I would at least show case him for other gms to at least be interested in scooping him for a deep playoff run.. maybe someone bites and over pays offering houston picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I’m the Rocketsowner , I’m trading Cousins for Drummond and a pick and letting that contract expire for salary relief because I think Cousins wants to get decently paid again next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wood is out tonight so Cousins will get another start. Should be fun to see what he does, I will be watching this game. John Wall did say that he plans to stick it to the Wizards to show them up tonight though so dont be surprised if Wall gets ball hoggy and doesnt look for Cousins. They are boys too so I am sure Cousins wouldnt mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Why the fuk is Boogie out at the 3 point line on every offensive possession while guys like Nwaba and Tate get positioned under the basket to get the rebound? Makes no sense.

i dont know, last game he was underneath the basket to get rebounds the majority of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

i dont know, last game he was underneath the basket to get rebounds the majority of the game.

It's not even an effective strategy. Robin Lopez or Len don't follow Boogie to the 3 point line they just stand next to the paint and protect the paint anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

It's not even an effective strategy. Robin Lopez or Len don't follow Boogie to the 3 point line they just stand next to the paint and protect the paint anyways.


true ive noticed that. Cousins has missed a couple of wide open 3s too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And some people in this thread will try to tell you PJ tucker is a better player than him 🤔 i traded him away but still rooting for the guy and would love to see what he can do playing next to wood 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

And some people in this thread will try to tell you PJ tucker is a better player than him 🤔 i traded him away but still rooting for the guy and would love to see what he can do playing next to wood 

Cmon whoever said that is either a troll or doesnt know basketball. PJ Tucker is a spot up corner 3 shooter thats it and hes not even that great of a shooter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:


true ive noticed that. Cousins has missed a couple of wide open 3s too.

 

What's even the point then? Just saw a play where Boogie was standing on the hash line that marks the bench area on the sideline and slow a** Robin Lopez was all the way at the elbow. Guys don't respect Boogie at the 3 point line to leave the paint open. He's not AD or Jokic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

19 points 11 rebounds 2 assists 4 steals 1 block 4 threes BEAUTIFUL.

Please let Boogie play center and Woods PF.

Just changed to 5 steals on yahoo 😅 not sure if that is going to stay that way  but i'll take it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

19 points 11 rebounds 2 assists 4 steals 1 block 4 threes BEAUTIFUL.

Please let Boogie play center and Woods PF.

This. If the coaching staff had any sense of defense mind. This is how the line up should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

What's even the point then? Just saw a play where Boogie was standing on the hash line that marks the bench area on the sideline and slow a** Robin Lopez was all the way at the elbow. Guys don't respect Boogie at the 3 point line to leave the paint open. He's not AD or Jokic.

last 2 games hes 8 for 16 from 3s. He missed 2 open shots or else he would have been 6 for 8 tonight from 3. Thats incredibly efficient. Hes actually making them pay leaving him unguarded from 3.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

last 2 games hes 8 for 16 from 3s. He missed 2 open shots or else he would have been 6 for 8 tonight from 3. Thats incredibly efficient. Hes actually making them pay leaving him unguarded from 3.

That’s true. I guess I’m just selfish and I want him to be a focal point, he won’t be that standing so far from the basket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eltoro said:

How would you guys value Boogie as a trade chip? Think it’s a good sell high moment but have no idea what to target. Probably best as a 2-for-1 sweetener?

I think most savvy owners are still skeptical and aware of his drop in value when Wood returns.  That said, I would fire away.  Maybe a package for Ja, OG, Boucher, AG, Bridges, maybe Conley.  I doubt anyone will be as willing to bite for anything greater than a mid-tier, unless it's a crazy buy low window.  I dunno.  In my case I think I just have to ride into the wheels fall off since the people in my league who are willing to trade don't want to risk a move when his future with Woods in the lineup (plus injury/rest concerns) is a bit murky.  

That said, it was also noted that Sylas plans to give Cousins more minutes (off the bench) when Wood returns, so I think it's safe to presume that he's locked in for 20-25 a night moving forward, thus making him a key player to have on your squad as long as he stays healthy.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

That’s true. I guess I’m just selfish and I want him to be a focal point, he won’t be that standing so far from the basket. 

You have to come to terms with the fact that Boogie is not and will not ever be the focal point of a team again. He's past his prime, had two major leg injuries in the past three years, and hasn't played NBA ball in two years. It's clear that he still has the talent, and he wants to show that, but his time as "the guy" is over.

 

EDIT: I will say that this recent exposition he's put on has likely earned him more minutes, hopefully alongside CWood. The coach has come out and said the same thing:

Rockets head coach Stephen Silas wants to make sure DeMarcus Cousins gets more minutes when Christian Wood returns.

"I think the fact that he’s had some success over these last three games will help him moving forward in making sure he has enough time on the floor to play well and making sure that we’re doing things so he can play to his strengths," Silas said. Cousins is playing some of his best basketball in recent memory, collecting consecutive double-doubles as a starter with Wood sidelined. When Wood returns, Cousins will move back to the bench, but Silas is cognizant that he needs to give Boogie more minutes for his team to be successful. 

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

You have to come to terms with the fact that Boogie is not and will not ever be the focal point of a team again. He's past his prime, had two major leg injuries in the past three years, and hasn't played NBA ball in two years. It's clear that he still has the talent, and he wants to show that, but his time as "the guy" is over.

 

EDIT: I will say that this recent exposition he's put on has likely earned him more minutes, hopefully alongside CWood. The coach has come out and said the same thing:

Rockets head coach Stephen Silas wants to make sure DeMarcus Cousins gets more minutes when Christian Wood returns.

"I think the fact that he’s had some success over these last three games will help him moving forward in making sure he has enough time on the floor to play well and making sure that we’re doing things so he can play to his strengths," Silas said. Cousins is playing some of his best basketball in recent memory, collecting consecutive double-doubles as a starter with Wood sidelined. When Wood returns, Cousins will move back to the bench, but Silas is cognizant that he needs to give Boogie more minutes for his team to be successful. 

Nice. I hadn’t seen that quote. I agree, no one will try to build a team around him again but he can still be an integral part of a team.
 

I think Cousins and Wood can coexist successfully against some teams. Boogie is hampered but he’s not a walking corpse. I saw him take guys off the dribble a few times yesterday. I think he matches up well with more traditional bigs but he might be unplayable against “small” lineups like the Mavs with KP at center or the Lakers with AD at center. Boogie also brings a physicality/nastiness to the game that Wood doesn’t and matches up better against guys like Embiid and Jokic. 
 

If they do end up staying together, it’ll be shameful if they don’t dominate the boards with Wood and Cousins playing. I think yesterday the announcers said the Wizards were getting offensive rebounds on close to 50% of misses. Disgusting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, steveyi32 said:

Sell high candidate for sure.

What do you consider sell high? Bc the potential is there but I’d argue the value is not bc of the uncertainty. 
 

If you’re trading for him, you wouldn’t trade a top 75 guy bc of the chance he’s a bust. If you own him, you’re not going to settle for say Plumlee bc is he really worth it to risk missing out on a Boogie Cousins that’s balling and getting a lot of minutes?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boogie is just getting started fellas all he needed was to get comfortable, which he certainly looks so now with John Wall. obviously there is some uncertainty with wood going forward but if he's your end of the bench guy he can definitely win a week for you since you know he is capable of these performances. if they choose to start him with wood he'll be primed for a rejuvenated season on his contract year. it will certainly remind me of the AD & Boogie pairing back in NOLA with wood having a similar skill set. Me personally i cant trade cousins knowing he's capable of putting up those torrid lines, the rebounding is always there even with the lack of minutes so its all about him finding a groove offensively & it looks like he's been hitting his stride the past 2 games. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...