NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

His FT% z-score is 4th worst in the NBA. You don't have to punt, but he is far more valuable to those that do, and there is most definitely a sell-high profit to be made if you are not punting. Perfect time to strike the Giannis/Gobert teams with trade offers while the iron is hot.

Yeah his recent big games have been against some soft defenses (MIN (2x), POR, DET), but it's still gonna be hard for owners to sell probably after these type of lines. But for sure if u can get a top 20-25, it's going to get more crowded when Gallo gets up to speed and Bogdan makes his return sometime next month. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Thing is, if you own Clint Capela in a head-to-head category league and you're not punting FT%, you're doing it wrong. If that's the case, then yes, sell high to a team that's willing to do that. In that scenario, you should be able to net a top 20 player, which Capela is not and never has been. If you are punting FT%, then Capela is your top 20 player and there's likely no need to sell unless you messed up by acquiring too many bigs and didn't build up your team's guard stats. But I'm sure you'd be better off selling different players if you put yourself in that position.

man these boards are rubbish.

top 4 in ft% with capela and others. stop talkking out ur a$$. kid

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

man these boards are rubbish.

top 4 in ft% with capela and others. stop talkking out ur a$$. kid

im over 80% in both leagues with capela and other ft% drags

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/170854/headtoheadstats?pt=P&type=stats&sort=8

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/5104/headtoheadstats?pt=P&type=stats

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

His FT% z-score is 4th worst in the NBA. You don't have to punt, but he is far more valuable to those that do, and there is most definitely a sell-high profit to be made if you are not punting. Perfect time to strike the Giannis/Gobert teams with trade offers while the iron is hot.

i'm in a roto league where i own capela AND drummond and i'm top 4 in free throw shooting. Anecdotal? Sure...but there's ways to mitigate poor free throw shooting from one or two players and not having to punt the stat all together. Punting is a fools errand during a year with so many injuries and ppd's.  IN h2h There's no guarantee that you win ANY stat every week. Draft and attain the best players possible  and play like you're trying to win every stat for at least this season. 

also his z-score is 8th worst, and if you drafted anyone in the top 12 in ft z-score, you're averaging above 76% in shooting between them and capela.  I used Embiid's FT shooting btw to come up with the 76%. 

Edited by TroutFister
43 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Dude. You're playing in shallow leagues where Nikola Jokic was traded for Jamal Murray and De'Aaron Fox, James Harden was traded for Jerami Grant and Andrew Wiggins, Bam Adebayo was traded for Caris LeVert and Wendell Carter Jr, and Trae Young was traded for John Wall and Darius Garland. Y'all got bigger problems.

2 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Dude. You're playing in shallow leagues where Nikola Jokic was traded for Jamal Murray and De'Aaron Fox, James Harden was traded for Jerami Grant and Andrew Wiggins, Bam Adebayo was traded for Caris LeVert and Wendell Carter Jr, and Trae Young was traded for John Wall and Darius Garland. Y'all got bigger problems.

don't strawman the transaction of his league, look at the NUMBERS which he presented. His team is shooting above 80% with capela, which destroys the idea of having to punt a stat. And do you know what the meaning of a "shallow" league is? It has to do with the number of teams in a league. he's in a 12 team league, that's not a shallow league. Stars aren't sitting on waiver wires waiting to be picked like in a 8 team SHALLOW league. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

don't strawman the transaction of his league, look at the NUMBERS which he presented. His team is shooting above 80% with capela, which destroys the idea of having to punt a stat. 

Can be done? Yes. Is it easier to do in taco leagues? Yes. Is his team better situated to win 5 categories in the playoffs? No. Will a team that is punting FT value Capela more than this guy? Yes. This isn't rocket science guys.

17 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i'm in a roto league where i own capela AND drummond and i'm top 4 in free throw shooting. Anecdotal? Sure...but there's ways to mitigate poor free throw shooting from one or two players and not having to punt the stat all together. Punting is a fools errand during a year with so many injuries and ppd's.  IN h2h There's no guarantee that you win ANY stat every week. Draft and attain the best players possible  and play like you're trying to win every stat for at least this season. 

also his z-score is 8th worst, and if you drafted anyone in the top 12 in ft z-score, you're averaging above 76% in shooting between them and capela.  I used Embiid's FT shooting btw to come up with the 76%. 

Yeah, no. He's 4th worst. But yes, roto is a different animal.

Clint Capela is the first Hawks player with 15 rebounds in 5 straight games since Dikembe Mutombo had a 7-game streak from Dec. 2000 to Jan. 2001

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Small Ball trying to match the nets lineup

Yeah he got played off the floor unfortunately, especially in the 4th Q and OT.  Nets rightfully went away from DeAndre Jordan because he stinks, so playing Capela didn't really make sense for the Hawks.  He should be fine going forward, as not many teams in the league tend to go small with a non-traditional C.

• Thanks 1