NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okongwu's injury doesn't add Capela's minutes. Okongwu would have been played about max 10-12 min and Collins maybe 5 minutes at C. Capela needs rest anyway, now Collins will play more minutes at C or maybe Fernando gets few minutes. But I think ATL will play with nine-man rotation: Young and Rondo at PG, Bogdanovic and Huerter at SG, Reddish, Hunter and Gallinari at SF, Collins and Gallinari at PF, Capela and Collins at C. If Okongwu doesn't play it strangely enough increases the most Hunter's minutes! Because Gallinari is now mostly at PF (he replaces Collins, when Collins rest and also play with Collins when Capela rest). Because Gallinari gets maybe only very few minutes (or not at all) at SF, it means Hunter can now play about 20-22 minutes.

1 hour ago, apatas said:

Okongwu's injury doesn't add Capela's minutes. Okongwu would have been played about max 10-12 min and Collins maybe 5 minutes at C. Capela needs rest anyway, now Collins will play more minutes at C or maybe Fernando gets few minutes. But I think ATL will play with nine-man rotation: Young and Rondo at PG, Bogdanovic and Huerter at SG, Reddish, Hunter and Gallinari at SF, Collins and Gallinari at PF, Capela and Collins at C. If Okongwu doesn't play it strangely enough increases the most Hunter's minutes! Because Gallinari is now mostly at PF (he replaces Collins, when Collins rest and also play with Collins when Capela rest). Because Gallinari gets maybe only very few minutes (or not at all) at SF, it means Hunter can now play about 20-22 minutes.

Young promising big would certainly get about 20 mins a game, I have no doubt in that
Edit:  btw Coach said Gallo is starting the season of the bench as Collins backup at PF

Edited by Stefan
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Young promising big would certainly get about 20 mins a game, I have no doubt in that
Edit:  btw Coach said Gallo is starting the season of the bench as Collins backup at PF

Gallo being a backup is actually bad news for Okongwu's minutes.   PF, C rotation will probably look like this:

Capela out, Gallo in -> PF, C  Gallo, Collins

Collins out, Capela in - > PF, C Gallo, Capela

Gallo out, Collins in -> PF, C  Collins, Capela

Atlanta has playoff aspirations, there is no way they give Okongwu  around 20 minutes unless he is better than other options at PF and C position (he is not).

10 min  maximum

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

this is incredibly early but it seems like Collins production will take a hit with Capela patrolling the paint on both ends of the floor (as expected?). Which means he's terribly underdrafted...

Edited by doomz
1 hour ago, doomz said:

this is incredibly early but it seems like Collins production will take a hit with Capela patrolling the paint on both ends of the floor (as expected?). Which means he's terribly underdrafted...

Yeah it looks like capelas numbers aren't really gonna be affected at all. Still gonna give you 12-13 ppg, double digit boards and elite fg and solid blocks. 

• 2 weeks later...

So mad I turned down drafting Collins in the 3rd round Because i knew I was targeting Capela.  And now out of all things hurting him it’s his Achilles you got to be kidding me!!!!! Hopefully it’s just a minor thing 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook