NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

They also said he'll be back soon. No timetable isn't always a bad thing. It could literally be day to day to something major. But it does help they added that comment. I'm staying positive. 

Coach also said he was fine and it was “just soreness” Hawks are hiding something here. The fact he played all preseason and is out is concerning. He probably aggravated the old injury or has something worse 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OriolesMagic said:

Way more often than not, "no timetable" means weeks instead of days.

It's possible. I've played fantasy since 07 and I've seen "no timetable" all over the place including coming back the very next game lol. The worst one for me was getting a day to day tag and questionable tag for Terrence Jones everyday for him to only miss 8 months of action. No IR spots either Haha. Similar story with Derrick Favors but he missed 6 weeks. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

well he got the INJ tag on Yahoo so at least we can stash him and add someone...

Yeah put him in IL and picked up Plumlee, who hopefully will give me maybe 75% of the production plus some assists

38 minutes ago, XNW said:

Damit they put him as INJ but since hes playing already cant stash him and pick up someone for tomorrow.. so lame.

They did announce it 2 hours prior I believe. I chose to just grab a reliable low end big in Baynes rather than stream. I think im good this week anyways. 

4 minutes ago, XNW said:

Anyone planning to play him on first game? wondering if he will have minutes restriction.

I have the opposite question, but same idea. Anyone stashing him in the INJ spot tonight to avoid having to drop someone plus getting the benefit to see if he re-injures himself like KLove and how many minutes he plays? 

Edited by bbythepier
1 minute ago, bbythepier said:

I have the opposite question, but same idea. Anyone stashing him in the INJ spot tonight to avoid having to drop someone plus getting the benefit to see if he re-injures himself like KLove and how many minutes he plays? 

That is actually my question as well LOL. Have him stashed, waiting for bad news to occur.

I’m keeping him on IR. I picked up Keldon Johnson with Capela’s open slot and have no plans on dropping that guy anytime soon lol

If Clint delivers a vintage 13 REB 2 BLK game — or something close to it — then I’ll obviously have to activate him and begin that difficult process of deciding who to drop 

2 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Anyone stashing him in the INJ spot tonight to avoid having to drop someone plus getting the benefit to see if he re-injures himself like KLove and how many minutes he plays? 

Nah, I'm in a tough rebounding matchup and Capela can put up a double-double with 2 blocks even if he only plays 25 minutes.  No way I'm keeping him on the bench

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Nah, I'm in a tough rebounding matchup and Capela can put up a double-double with 2 blocks even if he only plays 25 minutes.  No way I'm keeping him on the bench

LOL why would anyone sit him in H2H? Those stashing him in IR, or at least thinking about it, are 99% in game limit Roto leagues.

16 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

LOL why would anyone sit him in H2H? Those stashing him in IR, or at least thinking about it, are 99% in game limit Roto leagues.

I think some of us are afraid he will sit out next gsme after playing 1 or he'll he on a minute limits. I personally have Burke and PJ as my worst player....so kinda torn on who to drop

14 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Cause we dont know if there will be a minutes limit nor if he will reaggravate the injury. The people stashing in IR most likely have a player that is playing very well and have no one else to drop.

• Like 2