NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook

18 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

LOL why would anyone sit him in H2H? Those stashing him in IR, or at least thinking about it, are 99% in game limit Roto leagues.

Heck, even in 9-cat roto he is a play today for me. Surely not a move for everyone, REB and AST are my two worst cats and overall I'm doing great, so a slight hit for those almost sure boards is worth the risk for my situation.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, rando said:

Heck, even in 9-cat roto he is a play today for me. Surely not a move for everyone, REB and AST are my two worst cats and overall I'm doing great, so a slight hit for those almost sure boards is worth the risk for my situation.

What if you're waiting for KLove to get his inevitable INJ tag and then do the famous INJ swap w/o losing anyone? Or someone, knock on wood, gets a Towns-like injury tonight while you see what minutes Capela can withstand? Boom, swap. There are thousands of 9-cat players doing this roster dance of some kind.

46 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Start Capela or Fultz in a weekly h2h league? do you think he plays in the back to backs? 

I know it's too late now but I had the same decision and rolled with Fultz. Fultz is pretty much looking to be unbenchable for me in my league this season. I would guess clint doesn't play in the B2B and think his minutes will be pretty low in his other games this week. Also want to see his usage playing with a new team before rolling him out after an injury

20 hours ago, bbythepier said:

What if you're waiting for KLove to get his inevitable INJ tag and then do the famous INJ swap w/o losing anyone? Or someone, knock on wood, gets a Towns-like injury tonight while you see what minutes Capela can withstand? Boom, swap. There are thousands of 9-cat players doing this roster dance of some kind.

It's a beautiful thing. You get to see Capela look like himself and then swap KLove into his INJ slot with no lost players off your bench. You didn't get 7/9/2 but you'll live.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Yes, to get him active I signed Cody Zeller to my FA wire. There are no quality INJ players to hold so I had to stoop to that. I already used that trick to snag Keldon Johnson before season started, got him on my IL then deployed to play when Capela got the tag. Magic beans indeed.

28 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Someone just dropped him in the 10 teamer i’m playing in. It’s a no brainer pick up right or are you guys worried about Collins/Galli messing it all up for him??

Naw pick him up asap bro. Ridiculous how impatient some are

• Like 1

What in the wide world of sports is with the latest blurb?

-Capela had a lackluster debut scoring 7 pts, 9reb, 1 ast and 2 blks in 20 minutes. With Galo set to return it’s unclear how big of a role he will have in the rotation competing with John Collins too. 

lackluster??? In 20 minutes?? Looks great to me. 
Unclear how big of a role? Seriously? Who writes this crud?

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

-Capela had a lackluster debut scoring 7 pts, 9reb, 1 ast and 2 blks in 20 minutes. With Galo set to return it’s unclear how big of a role he will have in the rotation competing with John Collins too. 

Yeah I have no idea why RW is so down on him? Dude didn't play for like a year, and put up a solid line in just 20 minutes. He will get better as the season progresses. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Didn't grab 20 rebounds in his first competitive game in ages so he is a bum according to them 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

i was about to post this

rotoworld blurbs give me brain aneurysms

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

He posted a -10 in just under 20 minutes. "Lackluster" may not be the best word for his performance, but calling it "great" is probably a step too far in the other direction. On the other hand, calling the size of his role "unclear" seems to hit the nail on the head. The Hawks are undefeated and have the 2nd highest average point differential in the league, which would arguably be even higher if not for Clint Capela's -10. Seems to me he should be given a regular 30+ minute role, but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. He's been dealing with lower body injuries for over a year now, the NBA's schedule is super dense, and the Hawks are a shoo-in for the playoffs. Would anyone be surprised if the team takes it easy on him for the foreseeable future?

In addition to all that, Capela really isn't the most well-rounded player. Though, neither is John Collins. And then of course there's the prized rookie, Okongwu, who they will certainly want to get a look at before John Collins hits free agency. I think there are more than enough good reasons for the Hawks to play Capela big minutes (if he's healthy), but there's a lot of competitive depth around him, which is far different than what he faced in Houston. So to me, the Hawks frontcourt rotation is as unclear as any in the NBA. After all, Capela has only played a single regular season game for them.

Here's to hoping we see some clarity tonight. Should be a great game in Brooklyn. Wish I could watch.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

He posted a -10 in just under 20 minutes. "Lackluster" may not be the best word for his performance, but calling it "great" is probably a step too far in the other direction. On the other hand, calling the size of his role "unclear" seems to hit the nail on the head. The Hawks are undefeated and have the 2nd highest average point differential in the league, which would arguably be even higher if not for Clint Capela's -10. Seems to me he should be given a regular 30+ minute role, but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. He's been dealing with lower body injuries for over a year now, the NBA's schedule is super dense, and the Hawks are a shoo-in for the playoffs. Would anyone be surprised if the team takes it easy on him for the foreseeable future?

In addition to all that, Capela really isn't the most well-rounded player. Though, neither is John Collins. And then of course there's the prized rookie, Okongwu, who they will certainly want to get a look at before John Collins hits free agency. I think there are more than enough good reasons for the Hawks to play Capela big minutes (if he's healthy), but there's a lot of competitive depth around him, which is far different than what he faced in Houston. So to me, the Hawks frontcourt rotation is as unclear as any in the NBA. After all, Capela has only played a single regular season game for them.

Here's to hoping we see some clarity tonight. Should be a great game in Brooklyn. Wish I could watch.

Quality post/analysis there. Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm very worried. The warning signs and red flags were all over the place but centers were flying off the board and i ended up with him. Hopefully he can stay healthy for awhile and as soon as he drops a big game I'll be sending out trade offers all over the place and praying someone wants him. I know it shouldn't be panic time yet but after watching him play I'm not feeling reassured