NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2020-2021 Outlook

31 minutes ago, dwu17 said:

Sell sell sell

Why the hell would you sell now when his value is at an all time low due to the minutes restriction and him working out the chemistry and getting used to a new team?  Unless you are assuming he will definitely be injured or something

The reactionary takes on this forum are hysterical sometimes lol

• Haha 2
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, stay_woke said:

I'm very worried. The warning signs and red flags were all over the place but centers were flying off the board and i ended up with him. Hopefully he can stay healthy for awhile and as soon as he drops a big game I'll be sending out trade offers all over the place and praying someone wants him. I know it shouldn't be panic time yet but after watching him play I'm not feeling reassured 

Imagine if you have spent a 2nd round pick on Ayton or Nurkic. For where we picked him Capela will be fine. His statline is already solid for 19 mins per game. When he gets to 27+ he will be great.

15 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Imagine if you have spent a 2nd round pick on Ayton or Nurkic. For where we picked him Capela will be fine. His statline is already solid for 19 mins per game. When he gets to 27+ he will be great.

I'm actually thinking of trying to buy low on Nurkic with Capela. Pros and Cons to both guess we'll see how it unfolds next few weeks 

2 games and he's averaging 10.5 REB and 1.5 BLK in exactly 20 mins each game.  I'll take it, assuming his minutes start trending up.  Even if he only ends up at say 26 MPG, that still appears to be enough time to do what Capela does.  Basically an 80% version of Houston Capela, which is still good enough to be a valuable source of REB, BLK, FG% and low TO

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Dbl-dbl with 6 assists. I'll take this every time 

I love it but I'm starving for blocks. Please CC, get 5 blks vs the midget CLE guards next game. Pretty please.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Ughhh missed every free throw.

Guess I'll forgive him for 16-15-0-2-2 in 3 quarters.

You're more patient than I am, I just dropped him for Dwight Powell.

• Haha 4
On 1/2/2021 at 11:10 PM, alexstr said:

You're more patient than I am, I just dropped him for Dwight Powell.

I hope you are joking.

Moments later: OIC now said the blind man :D

Edited by rando
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dwu17 said:

Did he forget how to block? Whats with thr block rate?

remains to be seen. still early and he has done this before. march two years ago he was 0.8 for 15 games.

not too worried

Rotoworld's blurb after last night:

"He's averaging just 26 minutes per game which is his lowest workload in years, and things won't get any easier with rookie Onyeka Okongwu making his debut tonight. Capela's blocks per game (0.9) have been cut in half since last season and things have been brutal for him at the line with a 48% mark. He's not even ranked inside the top-100 for 9-cat, and while there is a chance to trade for him at a discount, just don't give up too much for a player with a troubling injury history and that will force you into a punt-FT% build. "

He shot 0 for 0 from the FT line while going 8 for 9 from the field. He does not force anyone into a punt-FT% build and last night's line even without a block is pretty nice.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

"He's averaging just 26 minutes per game which is his lowest workload in years, and things won't get any easier with rookie Onyeka Okongwu making his debut tonight. Capela's blocks per game (0.9) have been cut in half since last season and things have been brutal for him at the line with a 48% mark. He's not even ranked inside the top-100 for 9-cat, and while there is a chance to trade for him at a discount, just don't give up too much for a player with a troubling injury history and that will force you into a punt-FT% build. "

He shot 0 for 0 from the FT line while going 8 for 9 from the field. He does not force anyone into a punt-FT% build and last night's line even without a block is pretty nice.

Rotoworld has some bafflingly clueless blurbs sometimes 

38 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

was going to post this exact same quote.  im 2nd in ft% at 82 % on the year with wiggins capela jo val sga and barton.

the random hate and non sense blurbs have getting worse every year