NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

So this kid entered last season with an insane amount of expectations that he wasn't able to live up to, mostly due to his inability to stay healthy: he's played a total of 75 games over his firs two seasons. Yet, he was able to give us some glimpses of an extremely fantasy-friendly game, some say stardom potential.

What do you guys think about his outlook this season?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

8th round and after sure... I took him last year 42nd overall and was disappointed big time

This is almost right in my opinion. I only add that 7th round is maybe worth of risk, but no way earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

Looked pretty good and started at PF and can slot a few mins at C. Bounce back year? 

Yeah, he did some good work last night with only 15 minutes. I do still wonder about the fit next to Holmes in the starting lineup. Is that likely to hurt Bagley’s rebounding numbers but increase his 3pt volume? I think most people probably got him for a steal in their drafts given he was regularly falling deep in the draft in my experience, so if he can stay healthy I think he will have a decent year, maybe top-80. I don’t expect him to suddenly become a fantasy monster or anything.

8 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

The Kings need to save face. I am not concerned too much about Holmes or Whiteside. Bagley is gonna get his.

Both those guys balled last year.

It’s very much an issue.

Save face ?  Did they sign Bagley to a 5 year extension worth $100m + . No

Whoever plays well, will get minutes.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Both those guys balled last year.

It’s very much an issue.

Save face ?  Did they sign Bagley to a 5 year extension worth $100m + . No

Whoever plays well, will get minutes.

No, but they did draft him over Luka and Trae. They have to feature their second overall pick.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, QingJames said:

No, but they did draft him over Luka and Trae. They have to feature their second overall pick.

That ship has sailed mate. Entire industry knows he was a bust at #2nd overall.

If they were so confident in him, they wouldn't have brought in Whiteside.

Again whoever plays well, will get the minutes.

I’m not even saying it won’t be Bagley. But to automatically assume he’s the guy, just because of draft pedigree .. is extremely shortsighted.

They have a solid front court , not like it’s a bunch of JAG’s.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

That ship has sailed mate. Entire industry knows he was a bust at #2nd overall.

If they were so confident in him, they wouldn't have brought in Whiteside.

Again whoever plays well, will get the minutes.

I’m not even saying it won’t be Bagley. But to automatically assume he’s the guy, just because of draft pedigree .. is extremely shortsighted.

They have a solid front court , not like it’s a bunch of JAG’s.

I think it’s actually extremely shortsighted to write this guy off as a bust because of two injury-riddled seasons, and assuming that they’re going to have Bagley ride the bench so they can feature two guys on expiring contracts is pretty dumb. They’re obviously going to develop Bagley as a priority.

12 minutes ago, QingJames said:

I think it’s actually extremely shortsighted to write this guy off as a bust because of two injury-riddled seasons, and assuming that they’re going to have Bagley ride the bench so they can feature two guys on expiring contracts is pretty dumb. They’re obviously going to develop Bagley as a priority.

Read what I said. A bust at #2nd overall 

He’s a good player, but not a transcendent talent.

Anyone with eyeballs can see that.

Moving on, GL to you 

& he played most his rookie season btw ( about 75%) 

Last year yes ... he was hobbled throughout. 

Edited by RunCMC
2 hours ago, sld12 said:

I had him the last 2 seasons in a row.  I'm not falling for it again

Still taking a chance in dynasty. He is 21 years old, coming off a 13 game season. Still time to figure out what he really is.

i want him to suceed cause at this point hes probably sweatin crazy over the last two years and wants to make the best out of the situation so potentially it means he can (partially) live up to the expectations (not on luka or trae level ofcourse)...hes still crazy young (21) and hungry and kings need him to be successful and suceed

i predict a great comeback season if he doesnt get f-ed again by injuries

Was on my DND list, watch him play - he's extremely bad. This guy will only be remembered for being drafted over Luke and Trae. Lol

You know its bad when your team has: Holmes, Bjelica and Whiteside and they all play better than you. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook