NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

51 minutes ago, Stefan said:

1-5 fts... looking to trade him harder then ever !

Haha same. My league is pretty savvy so I reckon I need another 5-10 to convince even the most naieve owners in my league he’s worth something half decent

• Like 1

I’m happy I benched him last night.  If not for the full slate of games I’d have played him and been miffed with hos really poor showing from the line despite the 16/12.  It’s kind boggling how someone can be a semi-decent 3-point shooter and BAD at the line.  He’s been working on his FT’s lately too.  It’s baffling... 

56 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Traded for Coby White 
Bye this ******** thread. I hate the Kings I hate Luke Walton I hate Bagley... never again

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

• Haha 6
5 hours ago, Pattythrills said:

Haha that's true 😂

So about that FT shooting... 1/9 last 3 games. Basically unusable unless you're punting.

Bagley needs to get moved, he's playing better but he's not a stretch 4 no matter how much Walton tries to put him in that position. 

17 hours ago, Pattythrills said:

Depends on the league mate. In points leagues, Coby has much more value than Bagley. 

5 minutes ago, Mike123456 said:

Does this guy have any upside left? He's sitting on my WW and I'm thinking about taking a flyer.

I think his time is coming to an end. He is starting to be dropped in a couple leagues I’m in. Watching the game last night to close it out it was: Fox, Hield, Haliburton, Barnes, Holmes.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I think his time is coming to an end. He is starting to be dropped in a couple leagues I’m in. Watching the game last night to close it out it was: Fox, Hield, Haliburton, Barnes, Holmes.

That has been their closing group for any close game for quite a while.  Besides his horrific free throw shooting, I actually think he has improved some in the last few weeks.  He seems to be a slow learner and I'm not sure if he will ever get it. I'm not sure if the drive is there.  Usually left handers are better shooters than that.  Besides the negatives, I believe Sacramento wants to give him every chance to succeed.  He has more upside than what is left on the bench to replace him. Will it happen this year or ever?  I have no clue.  With some extra effort and understanding, he should be able to do a lot more on defense than he currently does.

as a season long owner, some patterns/trends i seem to have noticed. hes starting games better and better - seems to come out quite hot in the first quarter, his 3s have been increasing (and yet cant hit a FT somehow!?). Usually at half time im pretty happy with his stat lines and then disappears in the second half and doesnt play many mins if the game is close and barellyyy adds any more stats 

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

as a season long owner, some patterns/trends i seem to have noticed. hes starting games better and better - seems to come out quite hot in the first quarter, his 3s have been increasing (and yet cant hit a FT somehow!?). Usually at half time im pretty happy with his stat lines and then disappears in the second half and doesnt play many mins if the game is close and barellyyy adds any more stats 

I think some of it is Luke Walton being a terrible coach. His lineup management is atrocious.