NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

Bagley hasn't given Walton any reason to trust him to close out games.  Barnes + Holmes frontcourt is locked in as their best 4/5 combo both defensively and offensively and it can work against almost all teams these days with everybody going small.

Ideally Bagley gets mins at the 5 because his game is extinct at the 4 spot but the Kings and Walton are trying to win now.  Forcefeeding mins and opportunity to Bagley (i.e. letting Bagley make a truckload of mistakes because he doesn't learn quick) vs trying to win now.  Those two don't really go together.  Something has to give and it's Bagley's mins.

• Like 2
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

Marvin douchebagley has officially **** the bed entirely. At first he just had one of those farts that maybe leaked a little poo, maybe not. Tonight, however, was full on sheet ruining diaherria. The kind where you gotta wipe each side of your cheeks 4 times to get all of it off you. Cant drop this guy, cant hold him, certainly cant trade him. Go buy charmin now and buckle up for the rest of the season bois.

• Haha 2

He’s a complete write off every time they play Denver! He’s gone for me, the B2B will give him one more game for me tomorrow and then that’s becoming a streaming spot. A big that kills both your Fg and ft with minimal defensive stats and rarely double digit boards. Nah mannnn

2 treys 17 pts 6 reb, 1 ast 1stl on 54% fg 60% ft. Didn't see the game. Did he have a good game or were these garbage numbers? I have a waiver claim for Theis and dropping Bagley which if successful may be processed later today and wondering if i should hold.

2 hours ago, seeL said:

2 treys 17 pts 6 reb, 1 ast 1stl on 54% fg 60% ft. Didn't see the game. Did he have a good game or were these garbage numbers? I have a waiver claim for Theis and dropping Bagley which if successful may be processed later today and wondering if i should hold.

Holmes got into foul trouble early and Walton ran Bagley a bit more than he usually does. Whiteside only played 7 minutes. Bagley is not a 12-team guy right now. He's ranked like 240+. 

22 minutes ago, crocp said:

I mean, for a guy I plucked off the wire for free.....hes doing ok lol. 

Not sure why all the hate

These cats drafted him before 10th lol

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Is he finally ranked in the 150’s?

Eh, it's the huge lack of stocks and the FT% that are weighing him down.  He's basically good for points, boards, and some FG% in the last 4 games without Holmes (and Harry B).  I'm pretty surprised at the consistent treys, even if it's like, 1 a game tho.  Would also be bearish on pulling the trigger for an add because it's not like his minutes are really that high even despite Holmes being out.

2 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Last 2 games : 19pts 8.5rbds 1.5 3s 56%FG !!

He is ranked 136 :ph34r:

Richaun Holmes hasn't played the last two and yes, he did move to C the last two games. 

Expect Holmes to be back soon though, he was pulled last second after warm up pre-game in Sac's latest game.

59 minutes ago, MWon said:

Eh, it's the huge lack of stocks and the FT% that are weighing him down.  He's basically good for points, boards, and some FG% in the last 4 games without Holmes (and Harry B).  I'm pretty surprised at the consistent treys, even if it's like, 1 a game tho.  Would also be bearish on pulling the trigger for an add because it's not like his minutes are really that high even despite Holmes being out.

Bagley has been on a minutes restriction since returning from his minor injury. 

4 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Richaun Holmes hasn't played the last two and yes, he did move to C the last two games. 

Expect Holmes to be back soon though, he was pulled last second after warm up pre-game in Sac's latest game.

I was ironic. His numbers are good, but still don't get him in top100. He is one of my keeper in my 9-keepers league and i don't know what to do with him. The only propsal i had for him was Saddiq Bey :(

Playing as C is pretty good for him. Against a crap C like WCJ though but all the coach had to do was put Bagley at center. 8 don't know if he is a plus factor but he looks better.