NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

Nobody talking about his 24/10/1/2/1 line yesterday? Was 35 min on the field, he is really picking up lately. His FT is still very bad but in my points league I don’t mind that at all.

hopefully he continues to get the baulk of the playing time as the season progresses. 

3 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Nobody talking about his 24/10/1/2/1 line yesterday? Was 35 min on the field, he is really picking up lately. His FT is still very bad but in my points league I don’t mind that at all.

hopefully he continues to get the baulk of the playing time as the season progresses. 

It's not that it's directly related to fantasy, but he missed both free throws which led to the Kings losing the game. Just can't do anything to cement himself as a starter in the NBA IRL. 

He is hot now though, just keep rolling with him until it ends. 

*ps to be fair, the Kings have some issues. CoJo also had a stupid back court violation and laughed it off not caring. Luke Walton is gonna get fired soon at this rate. 

Edited by rob0403
22 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Crazy huh? #2 pick overall. I don't think he's a bust, too early to tell considering the injuries. I've got him on one of my squads. Contemplating on dropping in the early in the next half cuz he's just lacking for a 12 teamer. Don't mind the lack of scoring, but if a player ain't scoring much, at least give me some stocks. His best season was his rookie season and showed promise. That rookie season showed what he can do.

36 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Crazy huh? #2 pick overall. I don't think he's a bust, too early to tell considering the injuries. I've got him on one of my squads. Contemplating on dropping in the early in the next half cuz he's just lacking for a 12 teamer. Don't mind the lack of scoring, but if a player ain't scoring much, at least give me some stocks. His best season was his rookie season and showed promise. That rookie season showed what he can do.

Yeah a change of scenery might be good for him. Even with his struggles he's a big shooting 37% from 3 which is still valuable in the modern NBA. I think he can help a team like the Heat who don't have much depth at the PF/C spot. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Apparently no teams interested which is kind of even more surprising. I’ve slept much better since I dropped him and that’s even with him playing better and more consistent! A big man that can destroy both your % and bring no defensive stats and his “good” statistical games are horrible in real life games 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

Apparently no teams interested which is kind of even more surprising. I’ve slept much better since I dropped him and that’s even with him playing better and more consistent! A big man that can destroy both your % and bring no defensive stats and his “good” statistical games are horrible in real life games 

Good only a couple more seasons until he is out of the NBA.

He’s a zero on the defensive end and he has bad BBIQ. He’s a bench big as far as I’m concerned. He’s a bust as a number 2 pick

4 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

way too early to label him a bust at the age of 21

if he’s still a 14-8 guy by 23-24, then yea.. but the 20-10 potential is there. 

What team is going to give him the chance to become a 20 - 10 guy if he can barely defend me & you.

3 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

What team is going to give him the chance to become a 20 - 10 guy if he can barely defend me & you.

i can see him getting a chance on a team like the bulls 

9 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

i can see him getting a chance on a team like the bulls 

They have young players in the frontcourt (Markkanen, Carter jr.) who they want to give 30+ min. There’s not enough room for Bagley. 
Charlotte could be a nice fit.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

They have young players in the frontcourt (Markkanen, Carter jr.) who they want to give 30+ min. There’s not enough room for Bagley. 

They have PJ and Bridges tho. 

17 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

They have PJ and Bridges tho. 

And Zeller!!!!

Thats why I don’t get the whole hype when a big man becomes available and people say “Charlotte needs a center!”

No they do not.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
19 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

wcj is worse than bagley if we keepin it a buck 

if bagley went to chicago he would start up front with markkanen

charlotte would be great .. thunder too .. he would be the franchise player in detroit lol 

On 3/9/2021 at 2:07 AM, BykeINIT said:

wcj is worse than bagley if we keepin it a buck 

if bagley went to chicago he would start up front with markkanen

charlotte would be great .. thunder too .. he would be the franchise player in detroit lol 

No Bagley wouldn't be a franchise player in Detroit because he isn't good enough. Jerami Grant way better than him. He's lateral to WCJ in terms of effectiveness and talent. Both can't play defense or be relied on on winning teams.